Chris Beard to Texas

Machinator

14 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

The game at tech next year is gonna be heated. 

Beard seems like the kind of dude who won't let his team be shocked by the degree to which they are passionately hated. He'll have them itching' for a fight, which would be a welcome change.

Edited by Tigersnake
whom? pinch autocorrect
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tigersnake said:

Beard seems like the kind of dude whom won't let his team be shocked by the degree to which they are passionately hated. He'll have them itching' for a fight, which would be a welcome change.

Yeah...he’ll have them ready to embrace the hate. Has as good a chance to work against tech than it does to help them. Bring it on bitches!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

This is the only one I could think of. Talk about a basketball graveyard. 

They aren't all-stars, but they also have Caruso and House in the league solidly, they've been fine at putting guys in the NBA, but all their guys are rotation+ players

4 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I'll allow it.  I was on campus when he was hired.  Prior to his arrival the women's bball team routinely outdrew the men.  He resurrected a DEAD program.

Penders was fun until he wasn’t.  Not that uncommon in the coaching world.  Could’ve done without the ending, but if I’m being completely honest, I’d rather it happen quickly than drag out over a couple of years.  I’m a rip the bandaid off kind of guy.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

He was pretty legendary if you think about it.  What other coach has ever faxed a player's grades to a radio station?

Man- some of the drunken messages he’d leave for Brandy P were legendary- I heard from two unrelated sources with first hand experience. 

20 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

I understand the disappointment from Tech fans but the bullshit from Hocutt? He’s a god damned UT grad for fucks sake. How do you not understand him taking this job. 

We’re a huge school that produces tons of alumni. There’s bound to be a few whiny little bitches among them. 

Edit: I see, you were talking about Beard as the UT grad, not Hoecut.

Edited by South Austin