Kanye

Hank Kingsley

16 hours ago, 'stache said:

Should Kanye, now ye, change his stage name to Hitler's dog?

This is funny because I just got off the phone with my mother and since I live overseas she tries to fill me in on recent events happening in the U.S. she thinks I do not know about. I could not stop laughing because she kept calling him Canine West when talking about this stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I listened to some clips of Kanye on Tim Pool’s podcast via the guys on Knowledge Fight and the based on the unconnected gibberish he spouted, he’s having an episode of some kind. That doesn’t cause the anti-Semitism but it does remove the filter and make you unwilling to do better. 

And it’s pretty gross to see people like Nick Fuentes grab on to a famous mentally ill Black man to deflect from their own loathsome ideology. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

SIAP. The Knowledge Fight podcast break down the Kanye/Fuentes/Alex Jones discussion. It’s hilarious that Alex is the voice of reason or at least attempts to be. Kanye starts to go on about the Nazis weren’t that bad in WW2. Jones says that Hitler and the Nazis were definitely bad guys, which Kanye responds that he loves Hitler.

I assume that Tim Pool also tried to reframe Kanye’s or redirect his comments towards something a bit more digestible by others. Nope. Kanye is full on with the bigotry that would make your racist uncle uncomfortable.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

SIAP. The Knowledge Fight podcast break down the Kanye/Fuentes/Alex Jones discussion. It’s hilarious that Alex is the voice of reason or at least attempts to be. Kanye starts to go on about the Nazis weren’t that bad in WW2. Jones says that Hitler and the Nazis were definitely bad guys, which Kanye responds that he loves Hitler.

I assume that Tim Pool also tried to reframe Kanye’s or redirect his comments towards something a bit more digestible by others. Nope. Kanye is full on with the bigotry that would make your racist uncle uncomfortable.

Yeah, Tim Pool did at one point offer up “maybe this is about individuals and not the Jewish people” and Kanye promptly announced that no— he really hates all Jews and then stormed off the set. 

i'm a fan of kanye's music. i've seen him play a couple of times, including a memorable set at the former powerplant during sxsw sometime after the release of MBDTF with jay-z.

absolutely a generational talent.

he's totally off the rails at this point, it's a full-blown manic episode. while there's no excuses for his outlandish, destructive, violent, hateful rhetoric and behavior, as a fan it's tragic to witness.

wish he can find any sort of support system but, his career is effectively over.

i find it shocking and reprehensible that the media continues to cover his latest transgressions. he needs to be cut off completely of any sort of media coverage and it's telling that only the very far right is giving him a platform. doubt that will continue.

cancel ye, full stop. giving any sort of public stage to his mental illness is utterly abhorrent.

appreciate the music and hope you get help, but we don't ever need to hear from you again.

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, bangkok said:

i'm a fan of kanye's music. i've seen him play a couple of times, including a memorable set at the former powerplant during sxsw sometime after the release of MBDTF with jay-z.

absolutely a generational talent.

he's totally off the rails at this point, it's a full-blown manic episode. while there's no excuses for his outlandish, destructive, violent, hateful rhetoric and behavior, as a fan it's tragic to witness.

wish he can find any sort of support system but, his career is effectively over.

i find it shocking and reprehensible that the media continues to cover his latest transgressions. he needs to be cut off completely of any sort of media coverage and it's telling that only the very far right is giving him a platform. doubt that will continue.

cancel ye, full stop. giving any sort of public stage to his mental illness is utterly abhorrent.

appreciate the music and hope you get help, but we don't ever need to hear from you again.

From his latest appearances and comments, he will find fewer and fewer options to spew his craziness. It won’t be zero as there are always people that will want to use Ye for their own goals. See Nick Fuentes as an example.

36 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

From his latest appearances and comments, he will find fewer and fewer options to spew his craziness. It won’t be zero as there are always people that will want to use Ye for their own goals. See Nick Fuentes as an example.

right, so the platform of hate is shared with only the most hateful now.

what i'm appalled by as much as the absurd and clearly mentally-ill commentary itself, is more media coverage from the latest crazy shit he's spewing.

he's been canceled from any sort of partnership he's had, so why is the media exempt?

there should be no stage for hate. and the media publishing his viewpoints grants that insanity to a larger audience. that should not be ok.

30 minutes ago, G650 said:

GIF by Giphy QA

as for his musical genius, it's not everyone's cup of tea, presumably more so for the past middle aged and predominately white surly crowd.

kanye's catalogue includes several albums that are revered among anyone who gives a shit about good music as nearly unanimously groundbreaking and influential. his influence is at the highest tier with the greatest musical talents of all time. objectively, there's very few artists post 2000s that can match kanye's influence and i'd argue he's in a league of his own. ironically, the discussion we're having here is purely because of his influence as no one would give a shit about some rando nazi making stupid nazi comments if it wasn't kanye west himself.

i'll propose a climate change analogy. very few scientists object to the overwhelming evidence that supports climate change as an issue that is among the top tier of challenges we've ever faced. if you're denying kanye as being among the most influential artists of all time, you're denying a mountain of evidence that supports the opposite view.

his albums are history, but his current views should never see the public eye and it's ludicrous that they have.

i'm saying this as a fan. no airtime for asininity. this is far beyond a roger waters type of thing.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, bangkok said:

what i'm appalled by as much as the absurd and clearly mentally-ill commentary itself, is more media coverage from the latest crazy shit he's spewing.

he's been canceled from any sort of partnership he's had, so why is the media exempt?

there should be no stage for hate. and the media publishing his viewpoints grants that insanity to a larger audience. that should not be ok.

we live a society that allows free speech so we/govt cannot stop a platform from letting someone vocalize hate if they want. It goes with free speech but that doesn’t mean we have to support sites that allow this. I actually believe that standard media is going to ignore him more and more. Which will just fuel Kanye’s manic mindset that some groups are shutting him down. 

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

we live a society that allows free speech so we/govt cannot stop a platform from letting someone vocalize hate if they want. It goes with free speech but that doesn’t mean we have to support sites that allow this. I actually believe that standard media is going to ignore him more and more. Which will just fuel Kanye’s manic mindset that some groups are shutting him down. 

he needs to hit rock bottom on a personal level and get help. his words don't deserve publication.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, bangkok said:

he needs to hit rock bottom on a personal level and get help. his words don't deserve publication.

Fozzz, who in particular do you think should be called out for covering the Kanye meltdown? Mostly I've just been seeing twitter links of Kanye wearing a gimp mask on Alex Jones and repeatedly praising Hitler. Are traditional media covering this story much? 

6 minutes ago, Bojack said:

Fozzz, who in particular do you think should be called out for covering the Kanye meltdown? Mostly I've just been seeing twitter links of Kanye wearing a gimp mask on Alex Jones and repeatedly praising Hitler. Are traditional media covering this story much? 

search kanye west in google, then click on news and you'll find every media source on the planet documenting this meltdown. 

i think it's despicable. the commentary, the coverage, the exposure, all of it. don't give him a platform.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, GW Hayduke said:

I’m leaning towards this being a performance. He is an entertainer. He knows how to manipulate an audience and put on a show. Similar to this.

Yeah, you don’t really bounce back from “I really like Hitler, he did some good stuff” with “it was all ACTING.” 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, you don’t really bounce back from “I really like Hitler, he did some good stuff” with “it was all ACTING.” 

He’s not acting. Kanye’s too stupid for that. He’s just always been a self-absorbed, arrogant yet shockingly dumb asshole. See the Taylor Swift incident for early indications of what this guy is.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

So you say he is most influential musical talent in a generation, one of the most famous people on earth, yet when he goes off like a braindamaged mongoloid the press shouldn’t cover it because “reasons”?

because it's incredibly hateful and damaging. it's completely fucking crazy, put the dude in a mental institution type of shit, it shouldn't be in the arena of public entertainment. they should drop him, like the subway guy or whatever.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, bangkok said:

as for his musical genius, it's not everyone's cup of tea, presumably more so for the past middle aged and predominately white surly crowd.

kanye's catalogue includes several albums that are revered among anyone who gives a shit about good music as nearly unanimously groundbreaking and influential. his influence is at the highest tier with the greatest musical talents of all time. objectively, there's very few artists post 2000s that can match kanye's influence and i'd argue he's in a league of his own. ironically, the discussion we're having here is purely because of his influence as no one would give a shit about some rando nazi making stupid nazi comments if it wasn't kanye west himself.

i'll propose a climate change analogy. very few scientists object to the overwhelming evidence that supports climate change as an issue that is among the top tier of challenges we've ever faced. if you're denying kanye as being among the most influential artists of all time, you're denying a mountain of evidence that supports the opposite view.

his albums are history, but his current views should never see the public eye and it's ludicrous that they have.

i'm saying this as a fan. no airtime for asininity. this is far beyond a roger waters type of thing.

I'm saying this as a musician who is from a musician family who has played everything from orchestral music to regular old rock,

a7d.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

I hear you about ignoring him and his co-bigots but I believe the best cure for bigotry is to shine a light on it. Will Kanye’s words hurt some people and perhaps convert some followers? Yes but it also forces many to stand on the right side.

if two months ago, a reporter had asked McConnell and other GOP leaders to comment on Trump hypothetically meeting with outspoken, antisemitism influencers, those gop leaders would have refused to answer as it wasn’t real to them.  Now that situation is shoved in their face so they have to address the cancer in their party even if it hurts the GOP.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t know what you mean. Him being an antisemite doesn’t mean he isn’t performing. Him performing for clicks and attention isn’t an excuse for promoting antisemitism.  You don’t put on a mask, hold a net, and go on Alex Jones if you aren’t performing.  Maybe he is just insane, but I doubt it.  I think his act is intentional.

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

I don’t know what you mean. Him being an antisemite doesn’t mean he isn’t performing. Him performing for clicks and attention isn’t an excuse for promoting antisemitism.  You don’t put on a mask, hold a net, and go on Alex Jones if you aren’t performing.  Maybe he is just insane, but I doubt it.  I think his act is intentional.

It’s both. He’s a malignant narcissist attention whore AND mentally ill. That’s why him and Kim made such perfect sense together. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GW Hayduke said:

He is bi-polar. He literally said they tried to put him on lithium and he refused. Not to mention, he doesn’t seem very bright so this behavior exactly fits with a bi-poplar person with an IQ around 95

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

I’m leaning towards this being a performance. He is an entertainer. He knows how to manipulate an audience and put on a show. Similar to this

4 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

He’s not an entertainer. He’s a rapper. 

Common is an entertainer/rapper

Latifah is an entertainer/rapper

Kevin Hart is an entertainer.

Kanye is just a rapper. 

He know’s he’s mentally ill because he’s admitted it. He has bipolar disorder. Everyone knows this. So no, this isn’t an intentional act. You suggesting such means you’re making excuses. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I kind of lean towards this being some kind of performance. What I don't understand is the Nick Fuentes connection. So this kid loves Trump, was at January 6th and other riots, started a movement around the president, and his next move is to partner with Kanye West's 2024 presidential run and praise Hitler during interviews? Either he's getting paid life changing money or there's something else going on. This entire shtick is creepy as fuck 

5 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

I’m leaning towards this being a performance. He is an entertainer. He knows how to manipulate an audience and put on a show. Similar to this.

When Trump declared his candidacy in 2015, I thought that it had to be an act. There's no way he actually talks like that and thinks that. But pretty quickly, I realized that if he was doing this for show, he was a better actor than Sir Lawrence Olivier. Occam's Razor tells me that's not true.

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Nah, mental illness doesn’t make you think and say you hate Jews, Hitler was awesome and slavery was a choice.

Being a reprehensible disgusting sack of rancid ass makes you think and say that.

America has more than its share of mentally ill people and 99.9% don’t say the shit he says.

He may be mentally ill but using that as an excuse for his racist, anti-Semitic tirades is bullshit and places more stigma on the mentally ill.

His mental illness is secondary to his empty soul and hateful and violent heart.

Fuck him.

As an addict in long-term recovery, I may not be responsible for my disease, but I'm the only one responsible for my initial and ongoing recovery.  No one else...me.  Moreover, i and no one else is responsible for the things I did in my addiction, same as I am now in recovery.  My disease does not excuse behavior both in my addiction and in recovery.  It may be a “reason” why I did some of the things I did, but it’s not an excuse.   

Same rules apply here.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

As an addict in long-term recovery, I may not be responsible for my disease, but I'm the only one responsible for my initial and ongoing recovery.  No one else...me.  Moreover, i and no one else is responsible for the things I did in my addiction, same as I am now in recovery.  My disease does not excuse behavior both in my addiction and in recovery.  It may be a “reason” why I did some of the things I did, but it’s not an excuse.   

Same rules apply here.

Speaking as a guy who bought you a bottle more than once… you’re right of course, but people need to think about what it means to be complicit as an enabler. It’s complicated. Or maybe it’s not complicated but it’s hard. I mean, I listened to “My Dark Twisted Fantasy” last night. It’s a great album. And Kanye is normalizing fascism. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

I kind of lean towards this being some kind of performance. What I don't understand is the Nick Fuentes connection. So this kid loves Trump, was at January 6th and other riots, started a movement around the president, and his next move is to partner with Kanye West's 2024 presidential run and praise Hitler during interviews? Either he's getting paid life changing money or there's something else going on. This entire shtick is creepy as fuck 

Nick Fuentes is a neo-nazi who is using Kanye to promote anti-Semitism and get his own name out there as a major power player and intellectual force on the right.  Just listen to the latest episode of Knowledge Fight and you'll get what he is.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Nick Fuentes is a neo-nazi who is using Kanye to promote anti-Semitism and get his own name out there as a major power player and intellectual force on the right.  Just listen to the latest episode of Knowledge Fight and you'll get what he is.

Nick Fuentes is a bowl of spoiled pudding who will eventually piss off the wrong person and end up crippled, dead, or in jail.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Speaking as a guy who bought you a bottle more than once… you’re right of course, but people need to think about what it means to be complicit as an enabler. It’s complicated. Or maybe it’s not complicated but it’s hard. I mean, I listened to “My Dark Twisted Fantasy” last night. It’s a great album. And Kanye is normalizing fascism. 

yeah, but you didn’t know at the time and neither did i…for completely different reasons.   knowing what we both know now, you wouldn’t buy me bottle and nor would i accept it for myself if you did (i’d be gracious and thank you, but give it to my wife for her bar). 

ye, et al, are well aware of his disease but use it as a catalyst. that’s on ye…he’s responsible for that.   

no one else.  

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Pancho said:

He know’s he’s mentally ill because he’s admitted it. He has bipolar disorder. Everyone knows this. So no, this isn’t an intentional act. You suggesting such means you’re making excuses. 

Describing and understanding the situation isn't making excuses.  Folks shouldn't conflate the two.  But you should probably note that mental illness and insanity are actual legal defenses used in our legal system sometimes and are much more of an "excuse" (he is just off his meds!) than noting aspects that match an intentional performance. I'm pointing toward accountability in terms of likelihood of actual deliberation on how to amplify the antiemetic message.  

It is easy to accept "he is just off his meds" and then ignore what he is doing and how it fits with what else is going on in the world.

Accepting intention and deliberation leads me to consider why he is doing this now. I imagine Kanye is mostly just a pawn but it I'm not convinced it is a coincidence that his episode is occurring at the same time as Trump's announcement to run again and Elon taking over twitter. It is very possible his messages and methods are resonating on the darker side of the right and with some in the black community.  Antisemitism was a huge part of the America First movement in the 40s, and when combined with Christian nationalism (the Christian Front) and propaganda (Father Coughlin, senators Lundeen, Nye, etc.).  I think antisemitism has potential to again be a powerful current within today's GOP base.  

A further step into the rabbit hole could also point out a more national intention to try and split groups that have traditionally been aligned politically in the US - blacks and jews. This could allow the right to carve off a slice.  We know the right has been somewhat successful at carving off a piece of the hispanic vote to a certain extent, and I believe the potential exists that this may be part of an attempt to do the same with the black vote.

18 hours ago, bangkok said:

You realize how fucking crazy you sound right?

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT HIS MUSIC, HE IS A NAZI. SHUT THE FUCK UP

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Holy fuck, this is 13 years old.   And yes, that’s the shrink from Wednesday on Netflix.

Holy shit.  How did I miss out on Garfunkel & Oates?  Clicked their link on Youtube to find this gem (The Loophole) ...

• Like 1