Kanye

Hank Kingsley

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

This is what scares many - independent thought. While I have not thought much of him or his music and think he's a megalomaniac loon, I admire anyone willing to express publicly a diverse opinion and face the fascist wrath of his peers. Again, I make no value judgment on the content, but I appreciate anyone willing to not just parrot the simpleton party line on any issue or any party (group, organization, etc.) Free speech and independent thought no matter how inherently correct or incorrect terrifies many.

would seem more meaningful if it wasn't coming from someone who celebrates his untreated mental disorder AND if there was a discernible message in the speech and not just stream-of-consciousness rambling

"Apple iPlane running on hydrogen!"

*oh wow so brave*

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

This is what scares many - independent thought.

He’s expressing no such thing. You’re confused.

While I have not thought much of him or his music and think he's a megalomaniac loon

He is, and all this MAGA horseshit is a manifestation of that lunacy.

I admire anyone willing to express publicly a diverse opinion and face the fascist wrath of his peers.

Oh grow the fuck up and spare the sanctimonious nonsense. There is nothing fascist about calling a spade a spade. Freedom of expression cuts both ways. You have the right to say what you want, and we have the right to call you a fucking idiot for saying such things. No one is calling for his incarceration when he says the stupid shit that he says. All we say is that it’s stupid shit. To call that “fascism” is absolutely dishonest and absolutely wrong.

Free speech and independent thought no matter how inherently correct or incorrect terrifies many.

It evidently terrifies you because you label people as fascist for calling this moron out for what he is. He’s an imbecilic celebrity who says things like:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

He’s expressing no such thing. You’re confused.

He is, and all this MAGA horseshit is a manifestation of that lunacy.

Oh grow the fuck up and spare the sanctimonious nonsense. There is nothing fascist about calling a spade a spade. Freedom of expression cuts both ways. You have the right to say what you want, and we have the right to call you a fucking idiot for saying such things. No one is calling for his incarceration when he says the stupid shit that he says. All we say is that it’s stupid shit. To call that “fascism” is absolutely dishonest and absolutely wrong.

It evidently terrifies you because you label people as fascist for calling this moron out for what he is. He’s an imbecilic celebrity who says things like:

i love that he's making that statement whilst wearing dre's beats brand cans.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

This is what scares many - independent thought. While I have not thought much of him or his music and think he's a megalomaniac loon, I admire anyone willing to express publicly a diverse opinion and face the fascist wrath of his peers. Again, I make no value judgment on the content, but I appreciate anyone willing to not just parrot the simpleton party line on any issue or any party (group, organization, etc.) Free speech and independent thought no matter how inherently correct or incorrect terrifies many.

He's a mentally ill person who makes music people like. Really not any deeper than that.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Such independent thought.

Like trump, Kanye is a fucking crazy narcissist who's filthy rich and also is spectacularly uninformed. Both have huge cult followings who will overlook just about any mistake, and it seems like yeezy let it all go to his heezy. 

Either that, or this is the greatest meta-troll job of our generation.

• Like 1

Hey look, two guys who talk about how much we need to bring jobs back to America and yet both still make their products overseas.

And it's amusing that the right is championing Kanye while telling Taylor Swift that she should stick to singing since she's not sucking off MAGA. 

Like trump, Kanye is a fucking crazy narcissist who's filthy rich and also is spectacularly uninformed. Both have huge cult followings who will overlook just about any mistake, and it seems like yeezy let it all go to his heezy. 
Either that, or this is the greatest meta-troll job of our generation.

Yeah but Kanye is actually talented.

2 minutes ago, zork said:

Which parts if you don't mind answering?

Well, I think it's good that someone came in and was able to speak their mind, even if he is a little out of his mind. I am not holding his mental illness against him or how he chose to relay his message.  I think he is misguided especially about Trump the father figure (ha!) but I think he made good points about the failure of public education in this country to address these issues and meet the needs of students.

15 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I don’t think mental Illness is the reason why he says the stupid shit he says. 

I don't think he's mentally ill.  I think he's just a stupid person who has acquired a platform to show us how stupid he is.  His rants sound like they come from a passionate but immature and uneducated teenager because that's as far as his mental capacity ever developed.  It only seems crazy because we expect more coherent thought from an adult.

Now here's the fun part...

Guess which one I'm talking about...

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I don't think he's mentally ill.  I think he's just a stupid person who has acquired a platform to show us how stupid he is.  His rants sound like they come from a passionate but immature and uneducated teenager because that's as far as his mental capacity ever developed.  It only seems crazy because we expect more coherent thought from an adult.

“Now imagine he’s white”

7 hours ago, Kyle said:

Cool, you’ll appreciate a lot of people in the psych ward.  Hit me up if you want a tour.  

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again.  Kanye was fine until his mom died.  Just research that.  He ain’t been the same since.  

When you combine that with this talent and success, you get someone who thinks they are superhuman and immortal. 

NOW—combine that with the Kardashians in his head.

NOW—combine all of that with the white supremacists he befriends because they need a darkie to push their agenda to show they aren’t racist.

NOW—combine all of THAT with the fact that Kanye’s mental stability causes him to believe that he can be the savior to bring black/whites (trump whites) together

Now

Figure all of that out without your TI-82 calculator. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Kanye is quite open about his clinically diagnosed bi polar disorder.

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Graduation>College Dropout>My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy>Late Registration>808s>>Kids See Ghosts>Yeezus>>>Life of Pablo>>>>Ye

I would flip flop the first two and I think I would put MBDTF ahead of Graduation, but it's close. Otherwise you are spot on here for my tastes, though I stopped listening to Kanye after Watch the Throne. I don't think I have missed much.

Interesting to see the mental gymnastics some people go through with Kanye and his political beliefs. If you believe it's good for Taylor Swift to be vocal and think it's stupid her "fans" are no longer fans because they disagree with her politically, then you have to respect Kanye's being vocal as well.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, used2b said:

Well, I think it's good that someone came in and was able to speak their mind, even if he is a little out of his mind. I am not holding his mental illness against him or how he chose to relay his message.  I think he is misguided especially about Trump the father figure (ha!) but I think he made good points about the failure of public education in this country to address these issues and meet the needs of students.

I think they should open the Oval Office to any lunatic off the street who wants to speak his mind.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2018 at 3:58 PM, hpslugga said:

Didn’t care about him when he was saying GWB doesn’t care about black people either. That guy has the IQ of a lima bean.

This.

Of people whose opinions matter in life and serve as barometers of where we should be, Kanye is near the very bottom.  

That doesn't mean I disagree with everything he says, but his qualification as some sort of social standard bearer is nil.

And that's fair. But he is a HUGE cultural influence on millions of young people. His opinion matters, and it's important for this shit to be addressed. 
Kanye's mom was a professor. His dad was a Black Panther.  I don't know if he's mentally ill, or if that's even an excuse for his rhetoric lately, but I'm interested to see the resolution with this shit. 

If you’ve followed Kanye and his career you know he’s been fucked up in his head mentally since she’s passed.

I would rather lock Don Lemon in the same room with Jim Brown (who was involved with the Kanye/Trump meeting as well and absolutely no one is giving him one ounce of shit over it) and have Lemon call Brown a token negro to his face.  Just make sure to have closed circuit cameras in the room for pay per view possibilities.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

I would rather lock Don Lemon in the same room with Jim Brown (who was involved with the Kanye/Trump meeting as well and absolutely no one is giving him one ounce of shit over it) and have Lemon call Brown a token negro to his face.  Just make sure to have closed circuit cameras in the room for pay per view possibilities.

You're really obsessed with watching videos of people you think are going to fight.  And once again, you're completely fucking wrong on what would happen. Jim Brown is 82 years old.  He isn't going to fight Don Lemon no matter what Lemon says, and if he did, Lemon would win.  Kanye would be far more likely to fight if he wasn't a giant pussy.

Just like the Teamsters aren't the same as they were in 1975, neither is Jim Brown.

• Like 1