When is the next Indiana Jones

HiggyBaby

On 4/10/2021 at 2:53 AM, henrygandorf said:

i wanna see ford acting into his late 70’s like i wanna see mike trout playing into his late 50’s. 

it’s ok to stop when you’ve lost your edge, as we saw in ep7. 

If he’s still taking up a quarter of the Angels’ payroll, I’d be totally fine with this.

• Haha 2

"Sean, it's your agent. Good news! They want you to be in the new Indiana Jones movie!".
"What, like as his contemporary co-worker? Maybe a twin brother?"
"Um...."

You don’t think Sean Connery could have fathered a son at 12 years old? That’s probably what convinced him to take the role.

Edited to acknowledge I’m 2 days behind [mention]Deej [/mention] in recognizing Connery’s virility. Sorry, I just came across the thread today.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Why can’t they just reboot Young Indiana Jones? Could be a good series.

Or let’s figure out what Short Round’s been doing? Can keep him in Asia if you want; plenty to explore there: Ghengis Khan’s tomb, lots a lost civilizations in the Taklamakan desert, etc.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

In retrospect, so would I.

Although there is a danger that Shia LaBeouf might get carried away and actually kill Harrison Ford during filming.

Running for you life from Shia LaBeouf

He's brandishing a knife It's Shia LaBeouf

Lurking in the shadows

Hollywood superstar Shia LaBeouf

3 hours ago, demos said:

Or let’s figure out what Short Round’s been doing? Can keep him in Asia if you want; plenty to explore there: Ghengis Khan’s tomb, lots a lost civilizations in the Taklamakan desert, etc.

...or mass Uighur gravesites.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, demos said:

Do a season there, do a season in South America, etc.

But the Young Indy series they already made is pretty damned good.

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

After some vicious bears get loose on the plane and kill some bad guys, and then Mutt stabs him with the Spear of Destiny.  

I kind of envision something like this:

The movie starts with Indy emerging from a cave in South America with his walker in one hand and the secret Mayan cure for enlarged prostate in the other.  Indy ditches his walker and hops an his Rascal to head back to his plane.  As the music crescendos, Belloq emerges from the jungle on his own Rascal.  The next hour and twenty minutes of the movie will be a Rascal chase scene for the hundred yards to Indy’s plane.  Indy reaches his plane first, but it takes him twenty minutes to climb into the cockpit of his Aviat Husky allowing Belloq to catch up.  Belloq falls trying to get off of his Rascal and can’t get up.  The music crescendos once again as Indy flies off into the sunset.  The final scene is Indy circling over Los Angels lost as he searches for the airport.  Finally his Beechcraft Bonanza runs out of fuel.  Indy frantically searches for a place to land, finally spotting a golf course.  He starts to land his Ryan ST3KR Recruit on a fairway, but his landing gear clips the edge of a sand trap at the last minute and cartwheels.  His Bell 206 helicopter is destroyed in a massive explosion.  As the credits begin to roll a twosome plays through the wreckage and discovers the Mayan secret cure for enlarged prostate that was miraculously thrown clear.  However, just as one of the golfers picks up the secret Mayan cure for enlarged prostate a black Chevy Suburban with heavily tinted windows crashes out of the rough and onto the fairway.  Before it completely comes to a stop a man in a black suit, starched white button down, thin black tie, and Ray-Ban Wayfarers jumps from the SUV.  He snatches the secret Mayan cure for enlarged prostate from the hand of the golfer.  Before the surprised golfer even has time to wash his balls the black SUV disappears into the sunset.   Surprisingly, the two golfers appear to consist of one golfer using a hockey stick as a driver and another who  has a wooden hand. The credits continue to roll.  Suddenly at the end of the credits appears a post credit scene showing the black SUV driving into a large government warehouse with the setting sun in the background.  The man in the black suit climbs out, places the secret Mayan cure for enlarged prostate into a wooden chest, and hammers the lid closed with his fist.  The wooden crate is lifted up and placed on a stack of other wooden crates.  The camera the pans back Showing a massive warehouse filled with wooden crates stacked on top of each other.  The camera continues to ban back until this it is completely out of the warehouse.  On the horizon we see a group of black Chevy Suburbans with heavily tinted windows cresting a hill with the sunrise in the background.  As the SUVs approach we can see that some of them have swastikas painted on the side and some have a red hammer and sickle on them.  Abruptly the scene ends as the words The End - Or Is It? appear on the screen

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

Short Round moved to Oregon invented Pincers of Power and Slick Shoes. Found some pirate booty and hasn’t been heard from since.
  • Haha 2

On 4/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, demos said:

I think the original plan was for River Phoenix to do a series of movies as young Indiana Jones. That was why he did the intro in one of them. 

Spielberg started getting a lot more careful about casting people with drug problems in his movies after he had to prop up John Belushi for some of the Blues Brothers scenes and Phoenix overdosed. 

19 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

I think the original plan was for River Phoenix to do a series of movies as young Indiana Jones. That was why he did the intro in one of them. 

Spielberg started getting a lot more careful about casting people with drug problems in his movies after he had to prop up John Belushi for some of the Blues Brothers scenes and Phoenix overdosed. 

Lucas got his fill with the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles that was on ABC in 1993-1994. 

I was thinking. The first one came out in 1981, and was set in 1936. So if they matched up real time with movie time, this new one would be set in 1977. The same year Star Wars came out. You could have Indiana Jones in a theater watching Han Solo.

mind blown gif

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I was thinking. The first one came out in 1981, and was set in 1936. So if they matched up real time with movie time, this new one would be set in 1977. The same year Star Wars came out. You could have Indiana Jones in a theater watching Han Solo.

mind blown gif

And that is in no way depressing...

• Rage+1 1

On 4/12/2021 at 2:52 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I kind of envision something like this:

The movie starts with Indy emerging from a cave in South America with his walker in one hand and the secret Mayan cure for enlarged prostate in the other.  Indy ditches his walker and hops an his Rascal to head back to his plane.  As the music crescendos, Belloq emerges from the jungle on his own Rascal.  The next hour and twenty minutes of the movie will be a Rascal chase scene for the hundred yards to Indy’s plane.  Indy reaches his plane first, but it takes him twenty minutes to climb into the cockpit of his Aviat Husky allowing Belloq to catch up.  Belloq falls trying to get off of his Rascal and can’t get up.  The music crescendos once again as Indy flies off into the sunset.  The final scene is Indy circling over Los Angels lost as he searches for the airport.  Finally his Beechcraft Bonanza runs out of fuel.  Indy frantically searches for a place to land, finally spotting a golf course.  He starts to land his Ryan ST3KR Recruit on a fairway, but his landing gear clips the edge of a sand trap at the last minute and cartwheels.  His Bell 206 helicopter is destroyed in a massive explosion.  As the credits begin to roll a twosome plays through the wreckage and discovers the Mayan secret cure for enlarged prostate that was miraculously thrown clear.  However, just as one of the golfers picks up the secret Mayan cure for enlarged prostate a black Chevy Suburban with heavily tinted windows crashes out of the rough and onto the fairway.  Before it completely comes to a stop a man in a black suit, starched white button down, thin black tie, and Ray-Ban Wayfarers jumps from the SUV.  He snatches the secret Mayan cure for enlarged prostate from the hand of the golfer.  Before the surprised golfer even has time to wash his balls the black SUV disappears into the sunset.   Surprisingly, the two golfers appear to consist of one golfer using a hockey stick as a driver and another who  has a wooden hand. The credits continue to roll.  Suddenly at the end of the credits appears a post credit scene showing the black SUV driving into a large government warehouse with the setting sun in the background.  The man in the black suit climbs out, places the secret Mayan cure for enlarged prostate into a wooden chest, and hammers the lid closed with his fist.  The wooden crate is lifted up and placed on a stack of other wooden crates.  The camera the pans back Showing a massive warehouse filled with wooden crates stacked on top of each other.  The camera continues to ban back until this it is completely out of the warehouse.  On the horizon we see a group of black Chevy Suburbans with heavily tinted windows cresting a hill with the sunrise in the background.  As the SUVs approach we can see that some of them have swastikas painted on the side and some have a red hammer and sickle on them.  Abruptly the scene ends as the words The End - Or Is It? appear on the screen

ET0EtCjGT32RgPIu1nAB_George Scooter Race.gif

• Haha 1

On 4/10/2021 at 5:56 AM, ChickenSandwich said:

Going to need a lot of CGI for Ford. 

He was shopping next to me and almost didn’t realize. He is so frail looking body wise. Imagine they will need a double or CGI just for a running scene. 

He recently finished a bike ride from Cabo to Tijuana, so let's not bury him just yet.

2 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Mads Mikkelson will be in it, evidently.  At least he is awesome and maybe the casting errors of Indy 4 are done with.

Give me an Indiana Jones movie from the POV of the bad guy, with Mads being the baddie.  Just follow him around digging up/stealing shit that belongs in a museum, and killing people along the way.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Paramount channel is running Last Crusade.  I flipped over to watch the beginning River Phoenix bit but caught the ending of Crystal Skulls...it ended with Indy and Marian getting married?  And teased Mutt putting on the fedora before Indy snatched it back away?  I didn't remember any of that.  I guess the memory suppression worked but now I went and blew it.

• 1 month later...

Just watched Indy 4 with my son for the first time since theaters. My god that is a shit movie. 

“it’s extremely magnetic!” “When?” “Well, just when you’re thinking about it.” /carries it through the whole movie and never has any effect.

“this magnetism is so strong your crowbar will stick to it!” “Wow, what about 1 second before we open the crate.” “No effect.”

“It is magnetic. And it give psychic powers. And uh it is a great bug repellant and other things of that nature.”

“let’s decelerate this rocket sled with Indy sitting on the front.” “Won’t Indy get launched off?” “No no no   The rocket sled will only be going three mph when we decelerate.”

“Let’s head over to that warehouse that has all the US’s most important treasures!” “Wow  I can’t imagine how delicately they take that stuff.” “Yeah.  Anyhow, it is 2 blocks from this hydrogen bomb test”

16 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Just watched Indy 4 with my son for the first time since theaters. My god that is a shit movie. 

magnets are addressed in the pitch meeting below

16 hours ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Well, you’re in luck, because this one is going to be about Indy finding L. Ron Hubbard’s safe deposit box.

Seriously? The Scientology guy? That’s like finding Mr. Qanon. 

Edited by Brandywine