When is the next Indiana Jones

HiggyBaby

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 11:50 PM, Biff Tannen said:

So I just watched last crusade and I realized at the end the knight was just left waving to them from the edge of the chasm. Like, thanks assholes, y’all were supposed to kill me and end this nightmare of eternal life, but ok, I’ll just hang here

Exactly.  Like thanks for fucking up my immortality assholes.  It's only where I am stuck for eternity.

Hopefully they never make another one.  Crystal Skull was fucking awful.

On 7/4/2021 at 11:50 PM, Biff Tannen said:

So I just watched last crusade and I realized at the end the knight was just left waving to them from the edge of the chasm. Like, thanks assholes, y’all were supposed to kill me and end this nightmare of eternal life, but ok, I’ll just hang here

(Looks at destroyed foyer, sprung boobie traps, chasms in the floor, real grail at the bottom of the pit…)

“Well I guess I know how I’ll be spending the next 2000 years. Assholes.”

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Wasn't he there to guard the grail? Well it doesn't need guarding anymore. Can't he just leave? 

He will die.  My impression was that he was drinking from the grail all along and that is what kept him alive so long.  Grail fell down the giant hole, so he will die.

1 hour ago, 1978horn said:

He will die.  My impression was that he was drinking from the grail all along and that is what kept him alive so long.  Grail fell down the giant hole, so he will die.

I always assumed one drink made you immortal, but then again, they said that Sean Connery died in the 4th one, so maybe you're right?

Yea you had to keep drinking from it. But it couldn’t pass the Great Seal as the “price for immortality”.

Now the Great Seal thing is really the plot hole to me. The grail hadn’t always been in that location. So why once it got to that location did there all of a sudden become this mystic spell that if it passed the seal it caused the place to try to kill whoever is taking it? The knight wasn’t some wizard. He was just a knight.

Made no sense but since it hasn’t ever ruined my enjoyment of the movie I should probably just…let it go.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
Rumor has it Indiana Jones 6 will lose a shitload of money and then Indiana Jones 7 will reboot with a new lead after a few years.

She’s got a two movie head start on you, which is more than she needs. Waller-Bridge got friends in every town and village from here to the Cannes. SHe speaks a dozen languages, knows every local custom. SHe'll blend in - disappear - you'll never see her again. With any luck... she's got the franchise already.

[Cut to Waller-Bridge in a horrible Paul Feig movie]
  • Hook 'Em 3

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/mads-mikkelsen-interview-fantastic-beasts-johnny-depp-jk-rowling-1235129001/

His much-deserved break follows the actor working for 14 months on Beasts and his other upcoming big franchise project — the long-awaited Indiana Jones 5.

While he’s forbidden from discussing character or story details from the film (the rumor is that he plays, yes, the villain), Mikkelsen revealed the movie feels like a return to the franchise’s early 1980s roots.

“[Raiders of the Lost Ark] was one of my favorite films, and it just oozed that golden period of serials from the 1940s — and that’s in the fifth film as well,” he says. “They’re going heavily back to the first and second film and getting that original feel, the original Indy, something dense and epic.”

James Mangold (Ford v Ferrari) has taken over directing duties from Steven Spielberg, who remains on board as an executive producer. “It felt like a Spielberg film, though it’s obviously James making it with the same vision,” Mikkelsen says. Harrison Ford, who’s pushing 80, returns as the iconic adventurer.

Asked how Ford was holding up following reports that he injured his shoulder on set, Mikkelsen says he was impressed with his co-star’s physicality. “It was the first time I met him, and he’s an insanely powerful person,” he says. “Not just as an actor, but physically. I remember the first day we were shooting, it was a night shoot, then we stopped at 5 a.m. — and then he got on his mountain bike and went biking for 50 kilometers [31 miles]. Harrison is a monster of a man, a very nice monster.”

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Mikkelsen says he was impressed with his co-star’s physicality. “It was the first time I met him, and he’s an insanely powerful person,” he says. “Not just as an actor, but physically. I remember the first day we were shooting, it was a night shoot, then we stopped at 5 a.m. — and then he got on his mountain bike and went biking for 50 kilometers [31 miles]. Harrison is a monster of a man, a very nice monster.”

bart simpson GIF

• 7 months later...