Kansas State @ Texas weekend series

zlavydra

I had thought we were a bit overrated being in the top five going into this week. This series changed my mind. That was dominant baseball all the way around.  With three of the best players benched for two games too. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Can't remember when we had this much pop in the lineup.

Even if it's not against the scrongest pitchers in the conference, we've had a decade or more of lameness at the plate, notwithstanding a couple of sluggers here and there.

It is so nice to see almost the entire lineup at .250 or above with multiple guys over .300 with power.  other than Kody it seemed like half our lineup would be chasing the mendoza line for the last 7 or 8 years.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Even if it's not against the scrongest pitchers in the conference, we've had a decade or more of lameness at the plate, notwithstanding a couple of sluggers here and there.

KSU's Friday night starter is legit, probable first round pick.  But our conference schedule is back-loaded for sure.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, cochamps said:

KSU's Friday night starter is legit, probable first round pick.  But our conference schedule is back-loaded for sure.

It’s great, assuming we continue to tcb. We will know exactly what is needed against tcu and tech, and so will they.   I understand those teams don’t really like us. 

also next 6 are nevadax2, acux3, and at swt.   I’m thinking we should expect to take ‘em all. 

4 hours ago, jinx said:

I had thought we were a bit overrated being in the top five going into this week. This series changed my mind. That was dominant baseball all the way around.  With three of the best players benched for two games too. 

Yeah. Halfway into today's game I almost got tricked into thinking "maybe K State just isn't that good". But they proved in that Tech series and in some stretches of this series that they are more than capable and can be a pretty salty club. 

This Texas team is legit. We've known the pitching and defense are elite - but if this hitting stays hot or continues to come around they are as good as anyone in the country on any given night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s worse than Harmon. He’s worse than pettis. 

His biggest problem as the 3rd base coach is he's way too aggressive but I get it based on the fact Texas has been unable to hit for nearly a decade. 

With this roster Pierce just needs to realize that he doesn't have to try and squeeze out runs. 

Pierce said as much a couple years ago with his aggressive style at 3rd. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

yeah, up and down the lineup this feels like the most power we've had in...i can't even say. like you said, we've been a team that largely struggles to hit, with a dismal BA/OPS, save a Jeff Ontiveros or a Kyle Russell here and there, and that's going back a pretty long way. i really don't remember the last time we had this many guys who were truly threats to get XBH every time they come to the plate. it's been refreshing to watch, to say the least. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep, right there with.  Feels bizarre.

In a good way.

13 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I thought they said it went 451, but I might have it confused with one of his other space launches

I think I read the 451' was the one to left center (over the video board).  If so, I haven't seen a distance for the bomb over the monster / batter's eye.