What are you doing Kyrsten

Zonahorn

I think I am alright with her expressing herself. It does come across as attention-seeking at times though. In comparison to the constant attention-seeking done by many of her male colleagues it’s pretty tame. She can come out dressed like Cardi B for all I care so long as she is doing her job she was elected to do.

• Like 1

The random Twitter account responding to her tweet about her former intern who died by bringing up the filibuster and HR1 was inappropriate. Indivisible Arizona is being kinda immature here. 

28 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m not cool with policing what women “wear to work” - that captioned outfit is perfectly fine.

BUT

She has made “quirky” her brand and it’s clearly her priority in order to garner attention for attention’s sake.

The wigs. The message t-shirts. The curtesy thumbs down. It’s all garbage.

The clothing is clearly part of it because none of it shows a sense of consistent style. She seesaws between catholic girl cosplay, Beyoncé copycatting, and weird Gattaca costuming.

Her politics suck but the antics she wraps them up in suck just as bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The random Twitter account responding to her tweet about her former intern who died by bringing up the filibuster and HR1 was inappropriate. Indivisible Arizona is being kinda immature here. 

I’d rather she not get into Twitter fights as a senator

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I’m not cool with policing what women “wear to work” - that captioned outfit is perfectly fine.

BUT

She has made “quirky” her brand and it’s clearly her priority in order to garner attention for attention’s sake.

The clothing is clearly part of it because none of it shows a sense of consistent style. She seesaws between catholic girl cosplay, Beyoncé copycatting, and weird Gattaca costuming.

She's playing Republican style attention politics, not much else.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why are people surprised when historically red states elect Democrats who are basically . . . Republicans?

AZ, WV, etc.

Prior to her election in 2018, the last D senator elected in Arizona was, what, 1988? 

Dunno why people expect her to be Elizabeth Warren.  Democrats can’t hold senate majorities without conservadems

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

The story of Senator Kyrsten Sinema — a former Green Party–aligned activist [and Net Roots Nation progressive] who happily rejected a minimum wage hike recently and is now one the most right-wing Democrats in the Senate — is about how a desperate thirst for power can debase even the most idealistic progressive.

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2021/03/kyrsten-sinema-transformation-democrat-arizona-minimum-wage

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

BUT

the office yes GIF

10 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Why are people surprised when historically red states elect Democrats who are basically . . . Republicans?

AZ, WV, etc.

It's not that she's moderate, it's that she's slid much farther to the right from when she originally got into politics for personal gain. In other words, she's pandering. If she was actually a moderate I would feel differently. Also, Mark Kelly is doing great as a rather liberal Democrat for a blue tinged state.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

I think I am alright with her expressing herself. It does come across as attention-seeking at times though. In comparison to the constant attention-seeking done by many of her male colleagues it’s pretty tame. She can come out dressed like Cardi B for all I care so long as she is doing her job she was elected to do.

Once upon a time, man, I heard that I was ugly
Came from a bitch who n___a wanna fuck on me

I said my face bomb, ass tight
Racks stack up Shaq height
Jewelry on me, flashlight
I been lit since last night
Hit him with that good-good
Make a n___a act right
Broke boys don't deserve no pussy (I know that's right!)

Big bag bussin' out the Bentley Bentayga
Man, Balenciaga Bardi back and all these bitches fucked
It's big bags bussin' out the Bentley Bentayga, man
Birkin bag, Bardi back and all you bitches fucked

If it's up, then it's up, then it's up, then it's stuck
If it's up, then it's up, then it's up, then it's stuck, huh
Up, then it's up, if it's up, then it's stuck

1 hour ago, Zonahorn said:

It's not that she's moderate, it's that she's slid much farther to the right from when she originally got into politics for personal gain. In other words, she's pandering. If she was actually a moderate I would feel differently. Also, Mark Kelly is doing great as a rather liberal Democrat for a blue tinged state.

What's fucking weird is the question of whom is she pandering to? What votes does she actually think this shit will win her?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Zonahorn said:

I didn't say Arizona has elected no legitimate Democrats, I'm just saying it shouldn't be a surprise when such a state elects a Democrat whose values are more aligned with the Republicans.

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Because the alternative is fucking terrible.

True enough, but she's choosing to be terrible already.

This isn't really even a conservative, liberal, or progressive issue.  It's whether one wants to practice politics of governance or of attention.  She has clearly chosen attention, and that's not consistent with any wing of the Democratic Party.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

True enough, but she's choosing to be terrible already.

This isn't really even a conservative, liberal, or progressive issue.  It's whether one wants to practice politics of governance or of attention.  She has clearly chosen attention, and that's not consistent with any wing of the Democratic Party.

It’s consistent with the winning end of any party, electoral politics is literally a popularity contest. 
Do I love it? No. At a moment when she’s crucial to continuing the American Experiment, I’ll happily take it. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I didn't say Arizona has elected no legitimate Democrats, I'm just saying it shouldn't be a surprise when such a state elects a Democrat whose values are more aligned with the Republicans.

The problem is these aren’t her actual values, she was originally a progressive activist. Her movement to the right is pandering and it really pisses me off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

The problem is these aren’t her actual values, she was originally a progressive activist. Her movement to the right is pandering and it really pisses me off.

Is it your position that she ran as a progressive activist and then moved way to the right after she took office?

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

She didn't seem remotely towards the left wing of the D party when she was running, in my opinion.  That was my first exposure to her, though.

She has a very lengthy history in politics. I recommend reading the jacobin article if you get the chance

Just now, Zonahorn said:

She has a very lengthy history in politics. I recommend reading the jacobin article if you get the chance

I just did -- it explains our different viewpoint.  I have only paid attention to her since her Senate run, in which she definitely didn't seem very progressive.  The article makes it clear she veered right almost immediately after being elected to Congress in 2012.  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I just did -- it explains our different viewpoint.  I have only paid attention to her since her Senate run, in which she definitely didn't seem very progressive.  The article makes it clear she veered right almost immediately outed herself as an unprincipled sack of shit just after being elected to Congress in 2012.  

FIFY

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

BUT

This. Except I’d add that this is America and this is how you get a very stupid electorate to like you.
  • Like 1