What are you doing Kyrsten

Zonahorn

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I will not believe anything until the votes are cast.

This. The ability for Medicare to negotiate drug prices is a game changer. They’ve been trying to do that for 60 years. Pharma must be shitting bricks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Don’t like having to throw out the carried interest provision, but worth it to get the package through. Not spiking the football until it’s across the goal line

GOP helped fast track a 43 year old Dem election lawyer/former Sinema staffer to a lifetime appointment on the 9th circuit to get her to scuttle the deal. 
Mitch got played again?

Link? Sounds like a good story
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Don’t line having to throw out the carried interest provision, but worth it to get the package through. Not spiking the football until it’s across the goal line

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2022/08/04/senate-confirms-arizona-lawyer-roopali-desai-appeals-court-judge/10236105002/

50 days to be confirmed, fastest since the 90s. The GOP didn’t play games with it because they thought they could get on Sinema’s good side if they fast tracked her former staffer and get her to kill reconciliation 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Don’t like having to throw out the carried interest provision, but worth it to get the package through. Not spiking the football until it’s across the goal line

Apparently the text has or will have a 1% tax on stock buybacks. Generates $59 billion more than the carried interest provision. The Politico article says the new text with Sinema’s changes may increase the overall savings per year 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Apparently the text has or will have a 1% tax on stock buybacks. Generates $59 billion more than the carried interest provision. The Politico article says the new text with Sinema’s changes may increase the overall savings per year 

Oh shit, I'll take that deal all fucking day long. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I’m fucking shocked.  They actually ended up with something better after negotiating with this dingbat?

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m fucking shocked.  They actually ended up with something better after negotiating with this dingbat?

I agree that she's a dingbat, but something about her tells me that she's a wildcat in the sack.  

Peel off those goofy outfits she wears and she'll show you a good time. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Wow. Can't wait for this to fall apart at the 11th hour then, because we can't have nice things.

• Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Good god, how brazen can they be?

Democrats should campaign on that shit. Big pharma is up there in terms of most universally loathed "big X" groups in this country. Pissing them off so much tells everyone you did something right.

Edited by gmr548
  • Hook 'Em 9

1 hour ago, gmr548 said:

Provision? Funny, I always hear it referred to as the carried interest tax loophole. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Democrats should campaign on that shit. Big pharma is up there in terms of most universally loathed "big X" groups in this country. Pissing them off so much tells everyone you did something right.

Would also frazzle the brains of Q-tards and COVID-vaccine deniers at the same time

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Saying they won’t be able to develop drugs is fucking laughable. They don’t develop shit in the first place. Universities discover new shit and Big Pharma buys it. That article is one big hissy fit over finally not being able to fuck over the American People with absurdly high drug prices. 

• Hook 'Em 7

14 hours ago, gmr548 said:

The right will now be pro-Pharma, like they're pro-Russia, and probably pro-China now since Pelosi pissed them off. They have no actual thoughts or convictions, just hate.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The right will now be pro-Pharma, like they're pro-Russia, and probably pro-China now since Pelosi pissed them off. They have no actual thoughts or convictions, just hate.

that and "against anything democrats support." that's their entire platform

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Saying they won’t be able to develop drugs is fucking laughable. They don’t develop shit in the first place. Universities discover new shit and Big Pharma buys it. That article is one big hissy fit over finally not being able to fuck over the American People with absurdly high drug prices. 

For the life of me, I don’t understand why we haven’t been up in arms about this. It’s ridiculous that our own government can’t advocate on behalf of its citizens.

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Pharma companies have shifted their r&d spending to acquisitions because the hit rate on internal r&d was so low. 

Regardless, that guy sucks.  And I don't see too many cures for cancer or alzheimers.....only treatments.  As the man said, more money being made treating a disease than curing it

12 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

move had two ‘lesbian’ gf’s in my life, both were fresh off divorces fro their ex wives. Wild in the sack is an understatement 

current gf and probable future wife was married to a woman for about 5 years. wild in the sack in definitely an understatement

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

Pharma companies have shifted their r&d spending to acquisitions because the hit rate on internal r&d was so low. 

Regardless, that guy sucks.  And I don't see too many cures for cancer or alzheimers.....only treatments.  As the man said, more money being made treating a disease than curing it

Well then they shouldn’t use R&D spending as reason to charge so much for the drugs that make it to market. 

it’s obviously way more cost efficient to buy IP that has already had some level of testing already done. 

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

move had two ‘lesbian’ gf’s in my life, both were fresh off divorces fro their ex wives. Wild in the sack is an understatement 

dude....

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

current gf and probable future wife was married to a woman for about 5 years. wild in the sack in definitely an understatement

dude...

• Hook 'Em 1

She's going to end up fucking it all up, isn't she? I'm guessing that was her plan all along. Bitch. 

Senate 'vote-a-rama' continues with potential new hiccup for Democrats on sweeping climate and health care bill

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/07/politics/senate-democrats-climate-health-care-bill-vote/index.html

Edited by Mo Horn

She's going to end up fucking it all up, isn't she? I'm guessing that was her plan all along. Bitch. 
Senate 'vote-a-rama' continues with potential new hiccup for Democrats on sweeping climate and health care bill
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/07/politics/senate-democrats-climate-health-care-bill-vote/index.html

That does not appear to be the case: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/07/democrats-senate-reconciliation-votearama-00050222

But still, it’s so on brand for Democrats to try to thwart their own plan after holding the line on GOP efforts to dismantle it.

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

She voted for it and it passed the Senate. Now it’s on to the House. She can only fuck it up now if the House makes changes she doesn’t like and sends it back to the Senate. Nothing is certain until Joe signs it but for now the Manchin and Sinema hurdles have been cleared. 

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

She voted for it and it passed the Senate. Now it’s on to the House. She can only fuck it up now if the House makes changes she doesn’t like and sends it back to the Senate. Nothing is certain until Joe signs it but for now the Manchin and Sinema hurdles have been cleared. 

They’ll probably push for the HoR to pass it with no changes. Too important not to pass

2 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Could the Indiana Republican car crash come into play here?  1 less no vote.

If Bernie AND Manchin voted for it, the Squad and the conservaDems in the House can 

17 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Could the Indiana Republican car crash come into play here?  1 less no vote.

Also the House is only at 430 right now so 216 needed to pass (simple majority). Dems have some wiggle if 4 members want to vote no, but the SALT caucus has said they are a yes and the Progressive caucus said they’ll pass it 

Edited by Js1
Coffee

On 8/4/2022 at 9:35 PM, Gil Bang said:

I agree that she's a dingbat, but something about her tells me that she's a wildcat in the sack.  

Peel off those goofy outfits she wears and she'll show you a good time. 

I know a woman she apparently dated for a while a few years ago, trans woman at that, don’t know about in the sack. I say apparently because like kyrsten this other woman is a self absorbed narcissist and probably can’t be trusted to accurately reflect the facts. I’m sure there was something but how serious is unconfirmed. I bet kyrsten is seriously uninhibited for sure but I suspect extremely selfish in bed, which I would find to be a total and complete turnoff, those of you that can orgasm on sight might not care. But to keep the thread on track, thankfully she’s not fucking the climate anymore. YMMV.

Edited by troph