What are you doing Kyrsten

Zonahorn

17 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

She voted for it and it passed the Senate. Now it’s on to the House. She can only fuck it up now if the House makes changes she doesn’t like and sends it back to the Senate. Nothing is certain until Joe signs it but for now the Manchin and Sinema hurdles have been cleared. 

Pelosi is smart enough to pass it without triggering a gauntlet through those two again.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/09/kyrsten-sinema-approval-rating-equally-unpopular-everyone.html

Bipartisanship has always been important to Kyrsten Sinema, the senator from Arizona. Though she’s a Democrat, she has styled her career, it is often said, after “maverick” John McCain, and prides herself on her frequent partnerships with Republicans. Her social media accounts and official statements often tout that she’s working “across the aisle,” trying to bring both sides together.

Well: mission accomplished!

A chart showing Kyrsten Sinema's approval rating among many demographics, in which every disapproval rating is between 50 and 60 percent.

These numbers, from a new Arizona poll commissioned by the AARP, are pretty remarkable! Her unpopularity “crosses the aisle” like that of no politician I’ve ever seen. A solid 54 percent of Arizona Republicans don’t like her. And 51 percent of independents don’t like her (her best result!). As for Democrats? Arizonans of Sinema’s putative party simply do not like her, to the tune of 57 percent. (And that’s a distinct improvement from her 80 percent disapproval rating with Democrats in January!)

Name a demographic group, and Sinema is viewed unfavorably by a majority of them. Women? 55 percent unfavorable. Men? 53 percent unfavorable. White voters? 56 percent unfavorable. Hispanic voters? 54 percent unfavorable.

She’s not very popular with college graduates (53 percent unfavorable), but unfortunately she’s even less popular with people who haven’t graduated college (55 percent unfavorable).

Voters 50 and over? Her unpopularity with them is also 50 and over (54 percent, specifically). But young people also don’t like her (55 percent unpopularity).

Basically, what I’m saying here is that to an extent that seems without precedent, Arizonans of every race, creed, gender, and political persuasion don’t like Kyrsten Sinema at basically the exact same rate. If you polled a critical mass of Arizonan Hindus, firefighters, octogenarians, or contact-lens wearers, I expect you’d find that between 51 and 59 percent of them dislike Kyrsten Sinema, too. Good thing she’s not up for re-election this year!

Is there any reason to highlight these poll numbers, other than that they are funny? Yes! In January, my colleague Christina Cauterucci tried to figure out what exactly Sinema was trying to, like, do. What’s the game plan? She seems set up for failure in any 2024 primary. Her willingness to tank major parts of the Democratic agenda is so established now that even her role in helping the recent Inflation Reduction Act pass did not make a majority of her Democratic constituents like her. And while Arizona Republicans briefly warmed to Sinema when she skipped the Jan. 6 Commission vote, it’s not like they would ever vote for her in a Republican primary—not as long as the GOP can scrape up at least one Nathan Arizona-type blowhard with a MAGA hat and a pulse.

Cauterucci, in January, highlighted a rumor that Sinema was attempting to set herself up for a run for president in 2024 as a straight-down-the-middle candidate. If this happens, these poll numbers suggest that she may, indeed, be the one candidate who can truly unite America.

Glorious 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

She's screwed in 2024.  I'm really unsure what she can do to fix her problems with Dems in 2 years.  Maybe voting to nuke the 'buster if Dems retain control in 2023 MIGHT save her.  

Gallego '24

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Fudge Nuggets said:

She will run as the GQP candidate.  And probably win because fuck this timeline.

LOL the AZ GOP could *barely* tolerate Kari Lake supporting Obama once (only won by 20,000 votes), they would not pick a former Green Party war protestor who voted with Biden 94% of the time as their nominee. 

3 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

if she loses the Dem primary, would she run as an independent? And if she did, could she pull enough votes to fuck Gallego? 

Arizona has a sore loser law I believe, you can't run as an independent after you lose a primary. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Fucking cunt.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3734622-gallego-says-sinema-did-nothing-to-help-arizona-dems-in-midterms/

Gallego says Sinema ‘did nothing’ to help Arizona Dems in midterms

BY JULIA MUELLER - 11/14/22 1:32 PM ET

Rep. Ruben Gallego (D-Ariz.) on Sunday said Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) “did nothing” to help Arizona Democrats in the midterm elections.

“This year, the reason Democrats won is because we fought together as a party. I was out there campaigning for every Democrat in Arizona. I was personally donating, raising money for them, for our senators, for everyone up and down the ticket. We fought as a team in Arizona, and we won. Sen. Sinema was nowhere to be found — at all,” Gallego said on MSNBC’s “American Voices.”

“You did not see her at one public event for anybody, and when we have some of these races that are really in the mix right now, she could’ve been a very good surrogate to help out a lot of our candidates, and she did nothing, because she only cares about herself. She doesn’t care about how this would help us take control of the Senate,” Gallego said.

Arizona election officials are still counting ballots in the state six days after the midterms.

The high-profile gubernatorial race between Democrat Katie Hobbs and Trump-backed Republican Kari Lake is still uncalled, with 93 percent of the state’s vote tallied and Hobbs up just 1 percentage point.

Two of Arizona’s nine House races, both with Republicans leading, still haven’t been called. Gallego was projected to win his reelection bid in the state’s 3rd District.

Democrats have pulled off surprising midterm wins, staving off the GOP’s “red wave” and bringing the battle for control of the House much closer than expected, but key races are treacherously tight.
Gallego, who has floated a possible 2024 challenge against Sinema, has also accused the senator of wanting Democrats to lose control of Congress.

The Democratic Party “can’t let this happen,” Gallego said Sunday of Sinema’s inaction. 

“She either needs to get on the team, get involved or try to make some future decision about what she wants to do with her career,” Gallego said.

Asked what he hopes Sinema learned from this year’s midterms, Gallego said, “I don’t think she’ll learn.”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently she plans to remain on the Dems side so she’s not jumping to the GOP to create another 50-50 split.

this also will create less drama when the AZ Dem Party backs another candidate in ‘24. Hopefully she just decides to not run again.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Apparently she plans to remain on the Dems side so she’s not jumping to the GOP to create another 50-50 split.

this also will create less drama when the AZ Dem Party backs another candidate in ‘24. Hopefully she just decides to not run again.

If she did run as in (I) would that split the vote in a way to favor the legit (D) candidate or the (GQP) candidate?

Hopefully with the way AZ has been trending bluer each election it won't matter anyway.

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

If she did run as in (I) would that split the vote in a way to favor the legit (D) candidate or the (GQP) candidate?

Hopefully with the way AZ has been trending bluer each election it won't matter anyway.

It does complicate 2024 because a Republican could sneak through with like 35% in a three way race if Dems run a candidate. 

10 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I'm surprised she and Munchkin didn't go full asshole and switch to the GQP.

Joe Manchin is not a god damn Republican. Just because he’s to the right of the caucus doesn’t make him a Republican. Jesus Christ. He’s been a pretty loyal Democrat caucusing Senator from one of the reddest states in the country for over a decade. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Munchkin and Dangerous Creature by a mile.  They actually block popular legislation.  Collins and Murkowski furrow brows, clutch pearls but get in line when it's crunch time.

Collins and murkowski did save Obamacare with McCain and waste the first full year of Trumps shitty term.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It does complicate 2024 because a Republican could sneak through with like 35% in a three way race if Dems run a candidate. 

Joe Manchin is not a god damn Republican. Just because he’s to the right of the caucus doesn’t make him a Republican. Jesus Christ. He’s been a pretty loyal Democrat caucusing Senator from one of the reddest states in the country for over a decade. 

The campaign effect depends on who wins the GOP nom in Arizona.  If it’s Ducey, she’ll play the spoiler to Gallego.  If it’s Kari Lake, I doubt it will hurt the Dems at all. 

37 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Double upvote. 
first paragraph, yeah that seems like the most likely result right now.  Pretty concerning 

second paragraph, every bad word I see about manchin on here makes me want to rip out my hair.  The dude is the single most valuable, over performing D in the senate.  A senator from WV could be to the right of goebbels and get a happy electorate.  The fact that the Ds get *anything* from there is huge.  

• Hook 'Em 1

She'll run as an independent, split the Dem vote and guarantee a Rep victory.  She's an attention cunt. 

She is doing this because she knows her ass was getting challenged in 2024 by Gallego.  But she is absolutely an attention whore and cunt.  

That’s my gut reaction here. Probably not a huge impact over the next two years, but you can kiss this seat goodbye in 2024.

It’s amazing in a two party system elected officials can just leave the party. Bitch, you weren’t elected by independents. 

I’m sure she was told she was losing support of the Democratic Party in 2024, and this is her acting out. Whatever. She won’t split any Democrat votes because she’s no longer a democrat 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

She has a higher approval among Republicans than she does with Democrats.  She’ll get as many Republican votes as Democratic—probably more.

As pointed out below, it depends hugely on the GQP nominee. And what in that Party’s recent history would cause you to believe that they will nominate someone who can win?

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It’s amazing in a two party system elected officials can just leave the party. Bitch, you weren’t elected by independents. 

I’m sure she was told she was losing support of the Democratic Party in 2024, and this is her acting out. Whatever. She won’t split any Democrat votes because she’s no longer a democrat 

This is the answer. The fear of ticket splitting by her is unfounded. She won’t have a D next to her name and she isn’t popular on her own

1 minute ago, Chooky said:

Kyrsten: I'm a lesbian.

Everyone: Fine. That's fine. 

Kyrsten: I'm not a lesbian anymore. 

Everyone: Okay. 

Kyrsten: I'm bi.

Everyone: That's fine. 

Kyrsten at someone else's birthday party: My birthday is tomorrow! 

Everyone: That's fantastic. 

Kyrsten on Christmas morning: I'm considering suicide. 

Everyone: Oh, gosh. Okay. Let's talk about it, then. I guess. Geez, man. 

Don’t forget she started out as an anti-war, Green Party protestor and now she thinks taxing the rich is mean and going too far 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don’t give a shit about ‘24- she was never going to win the D primary and no Dems in AZ will vote ver her if she runs independent. So long as she doesn’t fuck up the committee assignment numbers this is more “look at me, I’m a total Maverick” garbage. 

• Hook 'Em 9

20 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Kyrsten: I'm a lesbian.

Everyone: Fine. That's fine. 

Kyrsten: I'm not a lesbian anymore. 

Everyone: Okay. 

Kyrsten: I'm bi.

Everyone: That's fine. 

Kyrsten at someone else's birthday party: My birthday is tomorrow! 

Everyone: That's fantastic. 

Kyrsten on Christmas morning: I'm considering suicide. 

Everyone: Oh, gosh. Okay. Let's talk about it, then. I guess. Geez, man. 

She's the kind of attention whore that wears a white dress to someone else's wedding. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah, I really don’t like him, but it’s West Virginia, way better than the likely alternative. If he truly was a republican troll or saboteur he would have switched in 2020 to put the turtle back in charge. That would have been the ultimate sabotage thrown right at his feet. Fuck Synema, what democrats would she be taking votes from? She’s pretty universally hated it seems from the people who elected her since she’s completely betrayed them at every turn.

• Hook 'Em 3

so many people vote as like a current events quiz.  oh yes, i recognize that name.  that's my representative. check. i think that makes up for the majority of the incumbent advantage.  then you have people that actually like her.  i want to be represented by someone that doesn't just go with the flow.  she's a free thinker. our country is too polarized, and she's definitely how you solve that.  those two numbers are not going to be insignificant, and I think that the majority of those will come from otherwise d votes than r votes.  i think if they manage to avoid kari lake or her like, republicans pick this seat up.  and i bet the mcconell's of the world think that too and will be working for that.