What are you doing Kyrsten

Zonahorn

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

so many people vote as like a current events quiz.  oh yes, i recognize that name.  that's my representative. check. i think that makes up for the majority of the incumbent advantage.  then you have people that actually like her.  i want to be represented by someone that doesn't just go with the flow.  she's a free thinker. our country is too polarized, and she's definitely how you solve that.  those two numbers are not going to be insignificant, and I think that the majority of those will come from otherwise d votes than r votes.  i think if they manage to avoid kari lake or her like, republicans pick this seat up.  and i bet the mcconell's of the world think that too and will be working for that.

Again, GOP candidate quality will be determinative.  They are going to paint Gallego as a brown skinned communist no matter what.  

But she’s not Bernie or Angus King: a wildly popular independent.  If the choice is between Gallego and a batshit insane GQP person, she pulls otherwise GOP country club types and Gallego wins.

If the GOP candidate is a Country Club  type, then yeah, she may pull enough moderates to cost Dems the seat. 

IT’LL also depend on Biden’s election chances.  If he’s cruising, I doubt that maverick shit is going to play.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Again, GOP candidate quality will be determinative.  They are going to paint Gallego as a brown skinned communist no matter what.  

But she’s not Bernie or Angus King: a wildly popular independent.  If the choice is between Gallego and a batshit insane GQP person, she pulls otherwise GOP country club types and Gallego wins.

If the GOP candidate is a Country Club  type, then yeah, she may pull enough moderates to cost Dems the seat. 

IT’LL also depend on Biden’s election chances.  If he’s cruising, I doubt that maverick shit is going to play.

LMAO as if someone like Ducey is going to get through a 2024 GOP primary. Trump will not endorse that RINO who let him lose Arizona in 2020.  Arizona GOP had the chance to nominate non-crazies in 2022 and failed. Mark Brnovich might have actually made that a race versus Mark Kelly, but Trump picked Masters, so the GOP base picked Masters.

Trump will pick Kelli Ward or Qari Lake or Joe Arpaio in the primary and that's who will win. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, tokamak said:

Dems will lose the Senate in '24. These next two years are their chance to fill up the judiciary. She's 100% going to use this as an excuse to start furrowing her fucking brow at every judicial nominee and extract maximum attention.

She’s not needed anymore for judicial nominations. Though she hasn’t voted against one of Biden’s yet, I believe. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 - I still hate everything about her.

2 - and even worse, she WILL fuck up that race and toss the win to the GQP. Which way do people who claim to be “independents” in AZ vote? I think they were important for D Candidates in AZ these last few elections. If they leave the D candidate and vote for her, and the GQP candidate keeps the GQP voters, he wins.

What’s the worst outcome? That’s the one we’ll get. Because Sinema.

2 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

I completely agree with this.

I'm pretty comfortable about this, because what about the Arizona Republican Party over the last decade should give anybody any heartburn that they'd nominate a candidate who's not a complete nutjob?  They've had opportunity after opportunity after opportunity.  And each time, they've nominated the like of Kari Lake or Kelli Ward.

And honestly, at this point, you really have to start to wonder about the GQP's bench in Arizona.  They now just have a couple statewide offices (the treasurer and the head of education), neither of which is exactly a traditional launching pad for a Senate run.  So unless Ducey runs, you're going to get some other Trump-endorsed celebrity candidate.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And honestly, at this point, you really have to start to wonder about the GQP's bench in Arizona.  They now just have a couple statewide offices (the treasurer and the head of education), neither of which is exactly a traditional launching pad for a Senate run.  So unless Ducey runs, you're going to get some other Trump-endorsed celebrity candidate.

And it'll be somebody who. moved there recently (or moved back).

5 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

She is doing this because she knows her ass was getting challenged in 2024 by Gallego.  But she is absolutely an attention whore and cunt.  

yes. She knows she is going to get primaried. this is the only way she has any chance of remaining in the senate (meaning in the spotlight and on the receiving end of sweet sweet donor money). All that bullshit in her speech about "her not fitting in either party, arizona is more independent, all that is just bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

yes. She knows she is going to get primaried. this is the only way she has any chance of remaining in the senate (meaning in the spotlight and on the receiving end of sweet sweet donor money). All that bullshit in her speech about "her not fitting in either party, arizona is more independent, all that is just bullshit.

You have to wonder how lack of institutional support from a political party will affect her as an Independent.  It's seems easy for Sanders and King to run as independents in small, less media intensive states of Vermont and Maine, but in Arizona?  

Without the backstop of a national party throwing cash, polling, logistical support, etc towards her possible candidacy in 2 years, I wonder just how successful she can be in a state with large media markets.

• Hook 'Em 2

Well, look at that. Sent at 11:01

Is there ANYTHING we can say to convince you to contribute to Ruben Gallego today?

How about the fact that Senator Sinema just announced she was leaving the Democratic Party?

What if you knew that Ruben was strongly considering running for Senate but needed to know he'd have the grassroots support to run?

And what if you knew that every donation he receives today could be used if and when he announces he is challenging Sinema for Senate?

Today is the day. We want to announce that Ruben received more individual donations today than any day before.

So please. Contribute $5, $10 or whatever you can afford. It all adds up when we're all chipping in. Use this link:

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/gallego-p2p-dec?refcode=sms-221209-supporters-we-need

Thanks - Ruben Gallego for Arizona

(stop to stop)

• Rage+1 1

Although I know this stunt is to strategize for her political survival, I believe she's going to retire.  There's no way she'll be able to fund raise as an independent and then want to limp her way to 3% of the vote in 2024.  What's the point in that?  I'm not too worried she's going to give the seat away to the GQP.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Schilling checks all the boxes.  Nutjob and needs money, so he will be an eager grifter.

I imagine Kari Lake will make a run at the reverse Beto.  A Kari Lake/Sinema debate stage with Gallego rolling his eyes in the background could be funny.  Filters will be on point.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

At least she didn't switch parties and resign so they have to appoint a Republican. Not sure how that works if she resigns as an independent, but that would be the most damaging thing she could do to Biden and the Dems. If she wants to throw her vote around to the highest bidder for a couple of years, so be it. That wouldn't be anything different from what she's been doing. Fuck her, can't wait for her to be gone.

To get on the ballot in Arizona she will need 3% of AZ registered voters who are not party members to sign for her. How many is that? 

Found it. About 1.4M such voters so 42,000 signatures required. Shouldn't be an issue I guess. 

Edited by Huckleberry

arizona is weird.  not alaska weird, but not as predictable as other states. that said, in the age of social media, i don't worry too much about a ticket split allowing the gop to sneak in. 

this will be nonstop news for the next 2 years.  gallego is a strong candidate.  i would bet sinema flirts with an ind candidacy and then (due to internal polling) drops out because she "got offered something better" or "wants to spend time with blah blah".

give the baby her bottle and start the countdown clock.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I mean the moment anyone starts talking about “bipartisanship,” you need to hold your wallet. Bipartisanship is about the most stupid thing that appeals to ignorant people who seriously believe the US is a centrist country with two parties that are equidistant from the axis point of the political spectrum.

So yeah, Kyrsten, go ahead and brag about the art of bridging the gap between the off-the-spectrum right and the center right. Go ahead and brag about how star spangled fucking awesome you think that is. Meanwhile, as others have already pointed out, you’re wildly unpopular in your own state for that precise and exact reason.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

1 - I still hate everything about her.

2 - and even worse, she WILL fuck up that race and toss the win to the GQP. Which way do people who claim to be “independents” in AZ vote? I think they were important for D Candidates in AZ these last few elections. If they leave the D candidate and vote for her, and the GQP candidate keeps the GQP voters, he wins.

What’s the worst outcome? That’s the one we’ll get. Because Sinema.

Sinema will not matter at all in the Arizona senate race

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Senators switching parties mid term, should trigger a new election within 60 days 

Liz Cheney would have been kicked out of the party and replaced with super maga

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Senators switching parties mid term, should trigger a new election within 60 days 

Liz Cheney would have been kicked out of the party and replaced with super maga

6 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I imagine Kari Lake will make a run at the reverse Beto.  A Kari Lake/Sinema debate stage with Gallego rolling his eyes in the background could be funny.  Filters will be on point.

He wouldn’t roll his eyes. He would fucking call them out for the grifter bullshit artists they are. And it would be glorious. 

• Hook 'Em 1