What are you doing Kyrsten

Zonahorn

56 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

She’s copying this -

a9613942a58d3c0e7149a95f75363cf4.gif

Needless to say - didn’t go well.

Well, she tried.  McCain is drawing out the suspense, votes thumbs down (effectively saving Obamacare), and then makes eye contact with McConnell (there to keep everyone in line) to say "fuck you."

Is this an animatronic from the Creation Evidence Museum?

Look up how many planes he crashed before Vietnam. In fact, anyone that looks into John McCain will soon find out what a fraud he really was.. but he told that old lady Obama was a decent man and he stood up to Trump, so whatever.

EDIT: Sorry to quote you, F250. My comment wasn't directed at you specifically.

On 5/29/2021 at 10:06 PM, Bullneck said:

Well, she tried.  McCain is drawing out the suspense, votes thumbs down (effectively saving Obamacare), and then makes eye contact with McConnell (there to keep everyone in line) to say "fuck you."

Gotta hand it to him, that scene is pretty good. And for a good cause and a nice fuck you to Moscow Mitch to boot.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

no, it's not. him being a pilot/POW and a terrible senator are two very different things and he can be judged on each separately.

He was a shitty pilot and if it were not for his dad he would have been drummed out of the Navy long before he was taken prisoner. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Maybe because Maggie isn’t falooting around in purple wigs and Catholic Schoolgirl cosplay and “Dangerous Creature” baseball tees and doing a stupid curtesy to give a thumbs down (more like a middle finger) to raising the minimum wage.

I mean, the ding dong seeking maximum attention gets more scrutiny??? Why, I never!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's fine.

Then admit it's not about the filibuster and it's about her showboating.   The constant "FUCK MANCHIN AND SINEMA FOR DESTROYING DEMOCRACY" is getting old.  There's like 5-6 other Dem senators also not on board with killing it (King, Shaheen, Feinstein to name 3 prominent ones) and even Arizona hero Mark Kelly has waffled and refused to take a position on it. 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

. . . The constant "FUCK MANCHIN AND SINEMA FOR DESTROYING DEMOCRACY" is getting old.  There's like 5-6 other Dem senators also not on board with killing it (King, Shaheen, Feinstein to name 3 prominent ones) and even Arizona hero Mark Kelly has waffled and refused to take a position on it. 

NYT Editorial disagrees with you:

This gap between the scale of the catastrophe bearing down on us and the blithe refusal of Manchin and Sinema to help is enough to leave one frozen with despair.

Democrats have no discernible leverage over Manchin and little over Sinema, though they ought to consider primarying her. (Unlike Manchin, she’s not the only Democrat who could win a Senate seat in her state.)

Those who want our democracy to endure have no choice but to keep asking, imploring and cajoling these two lawmakers to value it above the false idol of bipartisanship, but so far there’s little sign they will.

So we’re stuck.

The overarching story of American politics right now is that Republicans are laying the groundwork to accomplish legally what they failed to do by force on Jan. 6.

Sinema could help fortify our country against a tide of Trumpist authoritarianism that could soon wash away everything that makes it worthwhile. Instead she’s showing us her ring.

Worth a read in full, but it's only an opinion. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/04/opinion/sinema-manchin-senate.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

• Like 2

Our Senator isn't a Democrat. She's also not a Republican, or a Libertarian. She's a "contrarian". 

You know, the kid who lives in Austin but just loves the Sooners because he has zero IQ to be different than everyone else. The "Phantom Menace was better than Empire" person, who also believes that Limp Biscuit has a more significant cultural legacy than Pearl Jam. "Beans are the best part of chili!" "The McRib is top quality barbecue... which is better in Pennsylvania, anyway."

Starts every sentence with "Well, actually..." and you can get them to disagree with a position they fought to defend just a few moments earlier. Yeah, that guy.

Well, that's our Kyrsten. "Whatever I need to do to be different and stand out, that's my position".

• "Spell my name with an I? As if... I spell my name with a 'Y' and will give you hell if you forget that."
  • "I'm in a predominantly Red state? Cool, I'm a Democrat!"
  • "I'm so edgy... I'm going to be sworn in on the Constitutions instead of the Bible."
  • "I'm the first gay female Senator! Wait I'm not? I meant bi-sexual... the first bisexual female Senator!"
  • "The Democrats need me to vote along with them? Nope, gonna do my own thing..."

Hard to be surprised that she doesn't want to get rid of the filibuster... it's something that can let one person be the focus of attention and completely logjam the nation. She has no problems kneecapping democracy, since all she seems to care about is herself anyway.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Maybe because Maggie isn’t falooting around in purple wigs and Catholic Schoolgirl cosplay and “Dangerous Creature” baseball tees and doing a stupid curtesy to give a thumbs down (more like a middle finger) to raising the minimum wage.

I mean, the ding dong seeking maximum attention gets more scrutiny??? Why, I never!

Go on... 

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2021 at 10:25 AM, bad_teammate said:

You guys are staring an attention-seeking freakshow in the face and trying to figure out her logical reasoning for doing what she does.

lol

Reading this it makes me realize she might be the equivalent of fitlump in the Senate.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1