Ever get annoyed by "that guy?"

closetohumping

On 4/15/2021 at 12:19 PM, Johnny Sack said:

I only hunt with hand crafted locally sourced spears, because I am superior.

Honestly, with the deer density in Texas there is no other way to do it.  I agree it does not take any real skill to shoot out of a blind.  But that is kind of the point of doing it.  I want to make the easiest and most ethical shot possible.  I have killed over 500 deer in my life and never wounded one.  We kills hundreds of deer a year at our place.  More than half from blinds.  (We also corn roads and shoot out of high racks).  You could not kill enough deer with archery equipment on a place like ours.  Just not possible.

Sneaking up on deer is not really a challenge either if the deer you approach are upwind.  I do it all the time.  I will pop a couple in my morning spot, then walk over and creep on deer in another spot.  

There just is not much opportunity in Texas for hard hunting like there is in New Mexico or Colorado, where certain types require excellent physical condition and the ability to shoot 400 yards.

First of all, I find hunting and hunters disgusting.  Second, the cave men would've pushed the easy button as well.  So, more power to you.  My first sentence was a joke.

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

I have no idea why anyone finds "bitter" to be appealing.

Anyone ever deal with "is your sister single" guy?  No you fuck, and even if she were, she wouldn't give you a second thought.

Damn man. Maybe he'd just like to take her out to a nice seafood dinner. 

Does the Dodge service center get wifi?  I believe Dodge is a distant third in the domestic heirarchy.  

Is it Dodge or Chrysler?  I think Chrysler actually used to make a decent vehicle, but do they even make cars anymore or is just a holding companY?  Only ones I ever see are minivans.  Dodge had a full slate of poorly-made vehicles, but I think it's Ram pickups which are decent, and then a slew of shitty passenger cars.  

On 4/14/2021 at 7:14 PM, closetohumping said:

Has anyone run into knee injury guy which is short for I ran a 4.4 my junior year and had D1 scholarship offers until I injured my knee guy

My brother is actually a 4.4 guy that had a knee injury ruin a promising career (back in the early 80s). He was fast as shit. If he got the corner in HS, he was gone (one game he had about 250 yards on 8 carries with a 75-yard TD called back). He had a scholarship to Syracuse as an RB but the new coach coming in didn’t honor old arrangements. After that, he walked on at Okie Light. He was mostly a tackling dummy as a freshman but turned some heads with his punt returns and by lighting up Dexter Manley in a drill (his story). Dressed a few games as a sophomore, but then came the knee injury. He doesn’t talk about it much. 

/csb

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, HornPhD said:

After that, he walked on at Okie Light. He was mostly a tackling dummy as a freshman but turned some heads with his punt returns and by lighting up Dexter Manley in a drill (his story). 

giphy.gif

Have we covered the, “Did you watch the YouTube video(s) I sent you” Guy?
Always happens when you’re face to face, and if you lie and say yes, he quizzes you, and if you say no he’s already got them teed up and holds his phone in front of your face for a fifteen minute video of his favorite politician d’jour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, slorch said:

giphy.gif

Like I said, it was his story; however, an unknown walk-on who is 5-9 and playing CB doesn’t stick around and get looks on special teams unless he shows something on the field. As my brother told it, it was at the end of a half-speed tackling drill and he was supposed to stand there and get hit. He was getting pissed and hit DM when he wasn’t expecting it. The DL line coach got mad, another coach gave him a pat on the shoulder.

I was more making fun of Dexter...and the reading bit. Not doubting the story’s veracity.  That stuff is part of sports.

Edited by slorch

On 4/15/2021 at 8:05 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

He also is not a hunter.

Always makes me laugh at these deer "hunters" because they put these auto feeders out and feed the deer for 9 or so months and then climb up in a sniper tower and shoot them when they come out to feed in November. Not much "hunting" in that scenario.

The guy that always says "your not a real hunter" unless you hunt with homemade spears or archery only, and ambush prey as you hide along game trails. Never mind, that it's guys taking their kids or elderly parents, a lot of times. I don't personally hunt that way, but don't disparage those that do.

You usually find out they don't hunt, which you already knew. 

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

Always happens when you’re face to face, and if you lie and say yes, he quizzes you, and if you say no he’s already got them teed up and holds his phone in front of your face for a fifteen minute video of his favorite politician d’jour.

Oh, watching something on someone else's phone is a beating. 

Your post reminded me of "That guy who thinks he can tell a joke."

He goes all "John Henry Faulk" and strings it out into a ten minute tale, and tries to be folksy. 

Worst part is when he finally delivers the punch line, and you phased out four minutes ago, didn't realize it was time to laugh, and he either gets all butt hurt or starts telling it again. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CHIEF said:

The guy that always says "your not a real hunter" unless you hunt with homemade spears or archery only, and ambush prey as you hide along game trails. Never mind, that it's guys taking their kids or elderly parents, a lot of times. I don't personally hunt that way, but don't disparage those that do.

CHIEF

Don't get me wrong it still takes skill to kill a deer even from a sniper tower....it just seems kind of bush league to feed them for 9 months and then sit up there and shoot them.

27 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Don't get me wrong it still takes skill to kill a deer even from a sniper tower....it just seems kind of bush league to feed them for 9 months and then sit up there and shoot them.

Some land owners will allow lessees to only hunt out of blinds and rifle only.   

4 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I take it you are a Vegan?

CHIEF

SIAP:
The Bluetooth guy annoys me. Why in the hell do you feel the need to walk around with that all damn day.

The annoying HOA guy(usually are females though). Yes I read the bylaws fucker. I’m not breaking any rules.

The over 70+ hour a work week bragger. Yes, I know you work a shitload of hours. I know you’re a trader or used to work for Goldman Sachs. Thanks for telling me every damn time.

The “I have to make it a point to tell you I paid my own way though college guy”. I did too. Want a cookie?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, CHIEF said:

I take it you are a Vegan?

CHIEF

Not even close but I have eaten venison and it sucks because of the aftertaste. That aftertaste is like the smell of a dead rat in the back of your throat at least for me.

I can probably buy two whole butchered cows for the price of killing a deer and having it processed these days. 

14 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Not even close but I have eaten venison and it sucks because of the aftertaste. That aftertaste is like the smell of a dead rat in the back of your throat at least for me.

I can probably buy two whole butchered cows for the price of killing a deer and having it processed these days. 

I agree with this statement 100%. Though I do not hunt, I am not against hunting. I have just never seen the point except for shootings hogs.

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

That taste comes from it not being kept cool properly. I've had other people's taste that way. Rancid and livery. I've got a place to shoot them, but not really hunt them. I also process my own. It costs 75 cents for the bullet.

To me hunting is much more humane than taking cattle to a locker plant. I've been on a killing floor, and those animals know what is about to happen. It is happening right in front of them. It's sad really. The killing really needs to be an individual animal only in the room, the ones behind can't see what's happening, and the one before them is through a door and being processed.

But with that being said, there is no difference in deer being fattened at corn feeders, and your two whole butchered cows finishing out in a feedlot. 

The sanctimonious "high road" that non-hunters take, that still eat meat, is hypocritical. You're just paying someone to do your killing for you.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, markstanco said:
On 4/15/2021 at 6:49 AM, SwanderedTalent said:
Rob Riggle

I was at a bar in Chicago 4ish years ago and he was there at the airport. He is not even the guy he plays in my 20 minutes around him. Very laid back. Guessing that laugh is part of his bit.

were you able to injure him, or poison him (etc etc) when you got that level of access to him???

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2021 at 8:24 AM, Homesickhorn said:

I can confidently say that you need better friends/acquaintances.

15 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

SIAP:
The Bluetooth guy annoys me. Why in the hell do you feel the need to walk around with that all damn day.

The annoying HOA guy(usually are females though). Yes I read the bylaws fucker. I’m not breaking any rules.

The over 70+ hour a work week bragger. Yes, I know you work a shitload of hours. I know you’re a trader or used to work for Goldman Sachs. Thanks for telling me every damn time.

The “I have to make it a point to tell you I paid my own way though college guy”. I did too. Want a cookie?

You best avoid LI.

The "that's not original" guy at car shows can get annoying. Hey dude, it is a numbers matching, correctly badged car, so what if it has an aftermarket air filter, valve covers, and carb. Just let the owner be happy and quit nitpicking.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/16/2021 at 6:13 PM, WillUSAF said:

I see your point but I consider myself a native Texan. Both of my parents are native and I was only born in Florida because my dad was in the military...i may be wrong calling myself native but that is the way I have always felt.

Yeah, you're wrong.  It's kinda part of the definition.

On 4/20/2021 at 1:42 AM, slorch said:

giphy.gif

That movie always puts a smile on my face. Not an academy award winner, but a fun comedy. 

On 4/20/2021 at 12:59 PM, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

And sometimes they are dosabled hunters. Some even have a permit to hunt from their vehicle. Those I don’t mind so much. Either way populations have to be controlled. If not the population ends up too large, average size goes down, and next thing you know idiots are bragging on an 8 point like they just made Boone & Crockett. 

And then there is disease, and especially wasting disease. 

2 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

That movie always puts a smile on my face. Not an academy award winner, but a fun comedy. 

And sometimes they are dosabled hunters. Some even have a permit to hunt from their vehicle. Those I don’t mind so much. Either way populations have to be controlled. If not the population ends up too large, average size goes down, and next thing you know idiots are bragging on an 8 point like they just made Boone & Crockett. 

Awesome movie.  Remember the guy that went to the restroom

3 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

If the purpose of hunting is to keep deer populations controlled, then why are the hunters and land owners feeding the deer?

23 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If the purpose of hunting is to keep deer populations controlled, then why are the hunters and land owners feeding the deer?

Several reasons. 

First to have a healthy population all around. Second to have well proportioned game that has good meat. Third is obviously for baiting practices.

Just because someone feeds doesn’t mean they aren’t controlling the population. Not to mention you don’t want the population as a whole to have a fair percentage that are “starving.” Makes for weak genes, and can more easily introduce disease.

Not everyone will agree with this but drives fast in parking lot and going the wrong way in parking lot guy sucks too

Funny - this reminds me of the old "anyone who drives slower than me is regarded, and anyone who drives faster than me is a maniac" bit that I believe George Carlin did. 

I try not to do either of these things, but I do every so often when I think it's safe or empty enough that it won't make any difference, but I also get angry when I see other people doing it when I don't think it's appropriate.

Fundamental attribution error at its finest... 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Funny - this reminds me of the old "anyone who drives slower than me is regarded, and anyone who drives faster than me is a maniac" bit that I believe George Carlin did. 

I try not to do either of these things, but I do every so often when I think it's safe or empty enough that it won't make any difference, but I also get angry when I see other people doing it when I don't think it's appropriate.

Fundamental attribution error at its finest... 

Agreed. If it’s a mostly empty lot or really open, that’s one thing. Where it pisses me off is when it’s a smaller lot, and people can be going in/out at any time. Especially places where there can be a lot of kids. Like a bowling alley, for example. Or people speeding like their ass is on fire in a neighborhood. Really bad when a lot of kids live there. 

I like the pedal on the right as much or a little more than anyone. But there are times when you just gotta chill out for the greater safety of others. 

On 4/17/2021 at 10:23 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Guy that vapes. "Vaping is safer than cigarettes." No it's not, dipshit. 

I've never been a smoker or a vaper so I don't really have a dog in the fight, but I'm pretty sure vaping is considered safer.  

On 4/24/2021 at 7:36 PM, thunderlounge said:

Agreed. If it’s a mostly empty lot or really open, that’s one thing. Where it pisses me off is when it’s a smaller lot, and people can be going in/out at any time. Especially places where there can be a lot of kids. Like a bowling alley, for example. Or people speeding like their ass is on fire in a neighborhood. Really bad when a lot of kids live there. 

I like the pedal on the right as much or a little more than anyone. But there are times when you just gotta chill out for the greater safety of others. 

There's just a lot of lanes of traffic you're not accounting for.  I'm all for speeding on the freeway (get out of the left lane please) but  I don't get speeding in a parking lot.

• Hook 'Em 3