IndyCar 2021

Prepuce of Doom

i have mentioned fuck NBC's app yet?  cuz fuck NBC's app.  no idea when the race is supposed to start in this broadcast so fast forward a few minutes, get an apple ad, a geico ad, a jack daniels ad, a dunkin ad, a taco bell ad, an ikea ad and a honda ad, all unskippable, then get 5 seconds of scott dixon saying something then get the same  7 unskippable ads again 🤬

edit: got a countdown so fast forwarded to about that time and now i'm getting a double fucking helping of unskippable ads again 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Edited by elfenix
  • Rage+1 1

Yeah, NBC makes it real hard to enjoy IndyCar.

IndyCar has enough problems hanging on to the attention of motorsport fans, outside of the 500 it gets forgotten as a series even when the competition is pretty good.

But NBC can be brutal to watch. 

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Hawndoh said:

Yeah, NBC makes it real hard to enjoy IndyCar.

IndyCar has enough problems hanging on to the attention of motorsport fans, outside of the 500 it gets forgotten as a series even when the competition is pretty good.

But NBC can be brutal to watch. 

NBC makes it real hard to enjoy (insert sport here).

FUCK nbc. The best thing that ever happened to F1 coverage in the U.S. was NBC losing the rights.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Grosjean dominated the first half but once he had to go to primary tires he couldn't make them work very well and also had tons of traffic.

He's back on the good tires, but unless rain comes and makes things interesting in the final 10 laps it looks like Grosjean will only manage P2. Veekay has done a great job.

This is why I love Indycar and not F1:

Lewis Hamilton says it would be impossible for someone like him to break into Formula 1 now, because the sport is a 'billionaire boys' club'

The seven-time World Championship winner also said that breaking into the sport nowadays from his working class background would be impossible. Of the sport's 20 current drivers, three - Lance Stroll, Nicholas Latifi, and Nikita Mazepin - are the sons of billionaires, while Max Verstappen and Mick Schumacher are both the sons of former F1 drivers.

https://www.businessinsider.in/sports/news/lewis-hamilton-says-it-would-be-impossible-for-someone-like-him-to-break-into-formula-1-now-because-the-sport-is-a-billionaire-boys-club/articleshow/82828279.cms

Edited by TexasBuckeye

Man I hope CBS takes over the contract and does a better job.

This qualifying "coverage" is like 80% split screen ads. They only cut back to full screen with commentary for the 4th lap and then right back to split screen.

• Rage+1 1

Man Dalton Kellet has to be furious at his strategists right now.

Was in at 30th without having to go again tomorrow, they put him priority line and pulled his time anticipating getting bumped but then he was NOT bumped and then went slower and will now have to fight his way into the race tomorrow.

Will Power who was at 31 is the one who benefits and gets to avoid bump day.

Will himself didn't seem to really understand the situation, either. During the sliver of time that the fucktards in charge of programming at NBCSN left for interviews, he said something to the effect that you have to be a scientist to understand what's going on. 

I had higher hopes for Simona - feel bad that it seems like her car is a bit of a dog. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

Last row qualifying, five cars and only three make the race.

They've all gone once, and Enerson and Kimball are the two outside and in danger. Karam, Power, and De Silvestro are provisionally in the show.

Of course it isn't over yet.

Edited by Hawndoh

Dixon is awesome, and a good dude. One year my brother and I were planning on going to New Zealand and rent an RV and drive around for a couple weeks.  I had done a story on Dixon, as a driver for Chip, it was news in Pittsburgh.

I mentioned to Scott that we were thinking about that and he invited us to stay at his house for a couple days. Unfortunately the trip never occurred.

45 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I was just reading an interview with Scott Dixon and he said you used to be able to pick chocolate or strawberry but now he thought it was all white, 2% or whole. He said he’d pick 2%.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2021/05/25/indycar-scott-dixon-interview-winning-2021-indy-500-pole/116524640/

That’s funny.  Milkgate 2021.