Ricky Williams being Ricky Williams

LTtxfan

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 12:14 PM, LTtxfan said:

I want to be like Ricky. I want to think we are very close. I am even open to the idea that, on the o-line, Majors & Karic & Jones & Angilau could take big steps forward just by being in the right frame of mind and getting rid of many of their mental errors & blown assignments. I wouldn't bet on it.....but it is possible.

I don't think it is possible with our non-freshman DEs or any LB we currently have on our roster. So many people feel optimistic about our D this year and I just don't get where the optimism comes from. 

5 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

So I read the article in hopes of finding out why Ricky changed his name and why he chose Miron, but the explanation didn't really explain much. 

“Something I’ve been thinking about and talking about, and I finally went through the steps,” Williams said during a recent appearance on The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz, according to CBS. “It was quick and easy, and it felt really meaningful. … I’ve found that that’s been really powerful in creating ease, intimacy and trust in my relationship.”

The name change for Miron came about a year and a half ago, he said, according to CBS, and is just a formal switch back to his birth name Errick. Miron said that the change helps create more balance in his marriage and came after he took a relationship-astrology class.

So many questions, like "WTF is relationship astrology"? I think I know less now than before reading it, but OK. Cool.

Good for Ricky though. If Errick Lynne Williams wants to be Errick Miron, more power to him.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wood said:

I was thinking about that too, but ... 

randy-jackson-no.gif

He was Ricky Williams when he performed his greatness on the 40. 

This, we aren't changing the stadium wall or the stadium name, or the statue, or the heisman. 

6 hours ago, wood said:

So I read the article in hopes of finding out why Ricky changed his name and why he chose Miron, but the explanation didn't really explain much. 

So many questions, like "WTF is relationship astrology"? I think I know less now than before reading it, but OK. Cool.

Good for Ricky though. If Errick Lynne Williams wants to be Errick Miron, more power to him.

Yeah, I understand how "Ricky" could come from his birth name "Errick." But what's up with "Miron"? I love that he's such a free spirit. I'm just curious.

Wtf is "relationship astrology" and please tell me he didn't take that class at the University of by gawd Texas?

I mean this is not surprising in the least considering who we're talking about, but not sure I'd like to have whatever he's lighting up these days

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2022 at 10:31 AM, Eskimohorn said:

Please update thread title  ⬆️ 

Thx @immamac 

Edited by LTtxfan

Texas Longhorns football legend Ricky Williams changes name to Errick Miron

By RILEY GATES May 24, 2022

In Austin, Texas, the name Ricky Williams carries a massive amount of weight — he is the school’s all-time leading rusher. Now, though, Longhorn fans will have to learn him by a new name. Williams, 45, has legally changed his name and is now known as Errick Miron.

“Something I’ve been thinking about and talking about, and I finally went through the steps,” Williams said during a recent appearance on The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz, according to CBS. “It was quick and easy, and it felt really meaningful. … I’ve found that that’s been really powerful in creating ease, intimacy and trust in my relationship.”

The name change for Miron came about a year and a half ago, he said, according to CBS, and is just a formal switch back to his birth name Errick. Miron said that the change helps create more balance in his marriage and came after he took a relationship-astrology class.

Of course, identifying him as Williams will always be the default for Texas fans because of what he accomplished during his days with the Longhorns. Then-Williams, the star running back ran for over 1,000 yards for four straight seasons, including a career-high 2,327 yards and 29 touchdowns in 1998 to lead to his Heisman Trophy that year. Williams was a two-time All-American, won the Doak Walker Award twice and was All-Big 12 First Team three times. When reflecting on his time at Texas, then-Williams made it clear that his heart would always be burn orange.

“Of course. I mean, you can’t, at least for me, I couldn’t imagine spending four years there and not loving that place forever,” he said on The Pat McAfee Show last October. “It’s just such a — first of all, I think college is just a magical time because you’re free and you’re intelligent enough to get in trouble, especially when you’re playing football. And at Texas, yeah, I loved it. ... I’ll bleed orange into my next lifetime.”

Williams was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2015. He was inducted alongside 16 other iconic college football figures including former Ohio State head coach Jim Tressel, iconic former Oklahoma linebacker Brian Bosworth and legendary former Kansas State head coach Bill Snyder, among others.

“For me, it’s a great honor,” then-Williams said at the time of the news. "My kids and grandkids will come back to watch a game and they’ll see their name on the field. Even though they didn’t get a chance to watch me play in person, they’ll know that what we did went beyond just playing sports.”

On 5/30/2022 at 1:02 AM, williemackgarza said:

His momma call him ricky, ima call him ricky

Actually his momma called him Errick. That was his birth name. 

He said he and his wife were watching old episodes of Bewitched and he noticed how it was crazy that she had all this power but her husband didn't let her use it and she had to restrict who she was to please him because that was the culture at the time. So he began thinking about his wife and how even though she's a lawyer and has her own identity he's the famous one so whenever they go out anywhere he's the one who gets attention and she doesn't get recognized so there's an imbalance in the relationship.

So to bring balance to it he decided to take her name in a role reversal and that's how he got Miron. 

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Actually his momma called him Errick. That was his birth name. 

He said he and his wife were watching old episodes of Bewitched and he noticed how it was crazy that she had all this power but her husband didn't let her use it and she had to restrict who she was to please him because that was the culture at the time. So he began thinking about his wife and how even though she's a lawyer and has her own identity he's the famous one so whenever they go out anywhere he's the one who gets attention and she doesn't get recognized so there's an imbalance in the relationship.

So to bring balance to it he decided to take her name in a role reversal and that's how he got Miron. 

Yeah well, she never ran for 258 yards against aggy to set an all time NCAA record. 
Lawyers are a dime a dozen. 
(Surly assholes excluded)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 4:43 PM, mr. sunshine said:

When Ricky’s original agent (Master P’s brother in law?) signed him to that extremely shitty contract with the Saints, he was in the wedding dress with Ditka on the SI cover, smoked way too much weed, etc. he caught a lot of shit on hornfans, of all places. Weird because everyone knows what the consequences of discouraging words used to be there.

Anyway I posted something defending him which I’m sure was very eloquent and a poster purporting to be his mom thanked me, asked for my mailing address and sent me these autographed bad boys…

601831DC-BC6C-4DC8-AFF3-883E533F523A.thumb.jpeg.3919e574aebb5fcdf973a755f11d2e17.jpeg

The return address checked out. Wish I’d have saved the handwritten envelope. Very nice lady 

My sister (a die hard Aggy) knows Ricky’s mother and speaks very highly of her. She’s only met Ricky once. 

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 1 month later...