Texas @ Texas State - 6:00 on ESPN+

zlavydra

53 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

What?  So, Pierce didn’t know Nixon needed work before Hansen started the inning?

Make the change between innings unless you’re just looking for face time to look managerial ...

OR, this way you take him out and he gets a nice ovation.  I know we were the visiting team, but I'm sure there were a few Horn fans there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

OR, this way you take him out and he gets a nice ovation.  I know we were the visiting team, but I'm sure there were a few Horn fans there.

True !  

And leadoff batter for Texas St was LH (though they PH).  Next 2 were RH top of the order, 4th time thru the lineup seeing Hansen.  Pitch count (92). 

Some closers do better when they don't start the inning.  Less time to think.    Regardless,  great for everyone for the team to come out of the dugout and greet him for an outstanding performance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

What?  So, Pierce didn’t know Nixon needed work before Hansen started the inning?

Make the change between innings unless you’re just looking for face time to look managerial ...

I would've responded like @TrashMaster G has done....

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

49 minutes ago, torre said:

True !  

And leadoff batter for Texas St was LH (though they PH).  Next 2 were RH top of the order, 4th time thru the lineup seeing Hansen.  Pitch count (92). 

Some closers do better when they don't start the inning.  Less time to think.    Regardless,  great for everyone for the team to come out of the dugout and greet him for an outstanding performance.

^^^^This and This....Latter was pointed out by the radio crew during the game. Though I didn't go last night, Ive been to other games in San Marcos when the Horns have played them and there is ALWAYS a good contingent of Longhorn fans there.  Its a beautiful park with great sunset views and the trains blowing their horns when rolling past the outfield wall.