Point and laugh at Shaka Smart

Wulaw Horn

On 2/28/2023 at 7:27 PM, Dbeasy said:

I can’t believe this guy is doing what he’s doing, doing what he did before he came to Texas and stopped doing at Texas, then started doing again. WTF?

image.jpeg.ddd6b28b4ce5234f88d0e05676f0684e.jpeg
Shaka still gon Shaka. Fraud still can’t live up to his seed and gets “upset” (not really) again. 

image.jpeg.8c35b5ab55d75c3748609a2b5e4e1e66.jpeg

• Haha 1

I’d like to lead you all in some breathing exercises to help us get through the rest of tonight’s games.

Havent seen Marquette play all season until today. Supposed to have the best backcourt? I guess. 3 TOs left with less than a minute left? Breathing exercises in crunchtime during a TO? Some irregular coaching there but seems familiar.
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Havent seen Marquette play all season until today. Supposed to have the best backcourt? I guess. 3 TOs left with less than a minute left? Breathing exercises in crunchtime during a TO? Some irregular coaching there but seems familiar.

"OK, guys. It's crunch time. Let's take a minute to take our mind off the game and work on our breathing exercises. I don't have enough coaching knowledge to fill the entire timeout."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I work for Fiserv; our HQ used to be in Milwaukee and the Bucks play in Fiserv Forum. Ton of Badgers fans but fucktons of Marquette fans. By a million miles, my least favorite co-worker (I’m not in Milwaukee) is this empty suit, worthless-ass fuckstick who tells me every chance he gets that Texas fans don’t understand basketball well enough to know what a mistake we made by ‘running off’ ShakaFraud. Even after last years epic blowout, he was convinced that once Shaka got ‘his guys’ in place, the glory days were just ahead.

I took the entire week off so tomorrow will be first day in the office in 10 days ; my first call is at 8:00A and is led by this sorry motherfucker. I’m feeling like Bart Scott right now…

When Texas played Marquette in the Sweet Sixteen in volleyball this last December, I had a Marquette fan come on and tell me how Texas was going to regret letting go the great Shaka Smart. We just don't appreciate good basketball. After giving him a lot of laughter, soon thereafter Beard gets arrested and he starts crowing some more. 

This loss, and especially the way it came about in such a classic Shaka fashion, has me so giddy. 

Fucking breathing exercises. Go fuck yourself Shaka. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

39 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Good job not fouling down 7 under a minute. 
3 TO’s to lead breathing activities throughout. Fuck off Shaka!  Suck my dick! 

Hearing Shaka spent his TO leading breathing exercises while his team looks completely scared like a deer in the headlights the last couple minutes while Izzo’s team ran out the clock and always got to the rim was absolute perfection. Just a crystal clear comparison of what you get with Shaka versus someone who actually coaches his team. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Now that's some good info. So now 4 of 38 have played to seed. I know it's obviously harder for a 1 or 2 to play to their seed but I'm sure those that started the season ranked fare better than doing it 10.5% of the time. 

It's pretty horribly cherry-picked, but this is the "Point and laugh at Shaka Smart" thread, not the "Reasonable uses of statistics" thread.

• Drool 1

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

It's pretty horribly cherry-picked, but this is the "Point and laugh at Shaka Smart" thread, not the "Reasonable uses of statistics" thread.

I don't think it's that cherry picked. It has two very clear qualifiers - 1 or 2 seed and unranked preseason. It's a pretty interesting data set. 

Shaka is so easy to figure out now. He recruits well and gets his guys to hustle on defense.

But, then all he does is tell them to shoot threes. He does very little else offensively or defensively.

They beat top teams occasionally because he always has great athletic talent and when they have statistical anomalies by shooting well from three, they win, and can beat anyone. 

But inevitably the lack of quality coaching and normal three point shooting always comes back to bite him and they lose. I just can’t see him ever winning consistently in the tournament. He can win in his shitty conference though. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

I work for Fiserv; our HQ used to be in Milwaukee and the Bucks play in Fiserv Forum. Ton of Badgers fans but fucktons of Marquette fans. By a million miles, my least favorite co-worker (I’m not in Milwaukee) is this empty suit, worthless-ass fuckstick who tells me every chance he gets that Texas fans don’t understand basketball well enough to know what a mistake we made by ‘running off’ ShakaFraud. Even after last years epic blowout, he was convinced that once Shaka got ‘his guys’ in place, the glory days were just ahead.

I took the entire week off so tomorrow will be first day in the office in 10 days ; my first call is at 8:00A and is led by this sorry motherfucker. I’m feeling like Bart Scott right now…

Seems odd that this guy would refer to his coach as ShakaFraud.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

He can win in his shitty conference though. 

His shitty conference just had two teams roll into the SS...

The BE is tough and Marquette had a great regular season. Operative words being "regular season". Like you said, he's ultimately a really shitty xs and os guy that winds up getting exposed in the tourney.

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Shaka is so easy to figure out now. He recruits well and gets his guys to hustle on defense.

But, then all he does is tell them to shoot threes. He does very little else offensively or defensively.

They beat top teams occasionally because he always has great athletic talent and when they have statistical anomalies by shooting well from three, they win, and can beat anyone. 

But inevitably the lack of quality coaching and normal three point shooting always comes back to bite him and they lose. I just can’t see him ever winning consistently in the tournament. He can win in his shitty conference though. 

They shot 40% from three and still somehow lost by nine. That's the epitome of WTF Shakablah.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Rodney Terry has outperformed Shaka at Texas while having to coach in the middle of a media circus…

Let me expound on that...

Terry has achieved more in one season than Shaka did in six seasons. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

His shitty conference just had two teams roll into the SS...

The BE is tough and Marquette had a great regular season. Operative words being "regular season". Like you said, he's ultimately a really shitty xs and os guy that winds up getting exposed in the tourney.

About to be three if Creighton beats Baylor.