Point and laugh at Shaka Smart

Wulaw Horn

The fuck?! That's the closest thing to propaganda I've seen come out of The Athletic. 

Smart won 56 percent of his games at Texas and took his team to three NCAA Tournaments (it might’ve been four, possibly, but for a pandemic)

A 56% winning percentage is fucking mediocre. And it's hilarious they just say how many NCAA tourneys he made without citing how many he missed. While not pointing out it was more likey we miss the 2020 tourney.

Poor Marquette. Shaka's already got a beat writer pumping sunshine for him. 

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

The fuck?! That's the closest thing to propaganda I've seen come out of The Athletic. 

A 56% winning percentage is fucking mediocre. And it's hilarious they just say how many NCAA tourneys he made without citing how many he missed. While not pointing out it was more likey we miss the 2020 tourney.

Nor do they mention he was upset twice on his way to a 0-3 record.

On 11/7/2021 at 1:15 AM, CurlyDumps said:

A 17-13 coach really does just about cover it. 

My tl;dr until I stopped reading—he wasn’t successful at Texas because the expectation was to get 5 star recruits and the best players. He doesn’t want to be pressured to recruit those type of players. 
JFC that guy is a pussy. I was hoping he would have success but blaming Texas for his lack of success is rich. The guy wasted talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It's a generous stretch to call him mediocre. He never had a Texas team with only mediocre talent, but he nearly always had middle-of-the-road results. That to me suggests underachievement more often than not. Your random mediocre coach with that much talent on his team would have done better overall. 

21 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

It's a generous stretch to call him mediocre. He never had a Texas team with only mediocre talent, but he nearly always had middle-of-the-road results. That to me suggests underachievement more often than not. Your random mediocre coach with that much talent on his team would have done better overall. 

we should have had Vic coach both mens and womens last year.

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

the folks at MUScoop are...concerned.

😂😂😂

0E973A4A-C73C-4631-8A02-2E8E29FD6E1B.thumb.jpeg.9e6820c8b6df8d476ac04ca7cde64643.jpeg

4CFB3FFC-44B1-4375-95DD-A1F350125D0E.thumb.jpeg.1ef2b0bd6120d862b54c0c9ed0d9a6cc.jpeg

49D15CBB-11EC-4D16-BAC2-0AF9E2578205.thumb.jpeg.0ae428dc45e1000771a528cadbdd2763.jpeg

"i'm glad to be at a school that cares about basketball, one where the fans will show up." LMAO. if he didn't like the fans in Austin, wait until this idiot realizes that he's now coaching at a basketball school where his total ineptitude will not go unnoticed for five years before his seat gets hot. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Marquette fans getting ready for their own version of "40 Minutes of Hell", only i don't mean that in no nice way. They'll soon be acquainted with Shaka's "30 Second of Ineptitude" offense and asking themselves where everything went wrong.

As per this quote from MUScoop, at least one fan believes last night wasn't a true representation of Shakaball. But I'm sure he and others like him will come around to reality.

"There was nothing pretty about the game last night and difficult to watch. That said, there is no doubt in my mind that you stick with the press and continue to improve game to game. They style of player fits for pressing and it should improve. The flow of the game made it difficult for anything to work and they have to quit fouling nonstop."

Sound familiar?

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/7/2021 at 7:40 PM, MidTexHorn said:

Man that article was such a load of horseshit. I liked Shaka, wanted him to succeed, but he sucked. Really sucked. And it had nothing to do with Texas, he just didn’t get it done. 

yea it would be easier to like hi or hope he does OK if that success did not come with "yea see Texas is fucked"

On 11/4/2021 at 7:57 PM, HookEm said:

Meh, I'm rooting for him.  Everyone is in a better situation.  I hope he wins big there.

I want to like the guy, but he did suck ass and seemed to just ride the pine and collect checks at Texas......but fuck I given him credit for hitting the door to take another job instead of waiting to be fired like a bitch

but the response to the above is always an issue for Texas.....I suppose if Beard kicks serious ass right from the start it makes it easier for the media to have to go with the "not the right fit for each other" instead of "Texas is the problem"

I lived in Milwaukee for a couple of years right after school and 95% of the people I hung out with were Marquette grads. Still friends with several of them, and they are all huge hoops boosters these days. I'm on a group text with them, and they're posting photos hanging out with Shaka at fundraising shit, etc...

It's kind of funny/awkward because for the last 3 years we would argue who had the shittier coach.... and I would bash Shaka relentlessly. Now we're rolling around in a Ferrari while they're trying to get their Vespa to start.. I have to tone it down a bit now, cause they're still in the honeymoon period.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Royce transferred out, I think, before Beard got here so I don’t see the point here in this thread. Oh.

But he was also playing Gardner-Ham.

freaking insane that we are even having this conversation right now. If Shaka stayed we were looking at a 10 win team. Now we have hopes of a deep run and it sets up just like our last - elite 8 in San Antonio and Final 4 in New Orleans. Kansas was there last time with us and could easily get there again. The other teams were Marquette (hahahahahahahaha) and Syracuse. Maybe Syracuse has another Carmelo.

On 11/10/2021 at 7:28 PM, Blotto said:

I lived in Milwaukee for a couple of years right after school and 95% of the people I hung out with were Marquette grads. Still friends with several of them, and they are all huge hoops boosters these days. I'm on a group text with them, and they're posting photos hanging out with Shaka at fundraising shit, etc...

It's kind of funny/awkward because for the last 3 years we would argue who had the shittier coach.... and I would bash Shaka relentlessly. Now we're rolling around in a Ferrari while they're trying to get their Vespa to start.. I have to tone it down a bit now, cause they're still in the honeymoon period.

Tone it down? Why the fuck would you do that?

14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Royce Hamm with 18 points and 17 rebounds on 7-12 (1-2) shooting in his debut for UNLV.

edit: he had eight (!!!) OREB.

What's most amazing about Hamm's line is he did all that in about 28 minutes. His energy and athleticism under Beard would've been something to watch.

DWill also had 10 points and six boards.

26 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

Are you going to obsess over Shaka for years the same way you do with Barnes?!?!?

You already know the answer to this.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Plus the entire thread is about pointing and laughing at Shaka. 

motown horn makes a habit of going into the barnes and shaka threads so that he can quote me and go, "ZOMFG Derka is in here posting about Barnes/Shaka, what an obsessive loser!" motown is the only one whom the irony is lost on. 

14 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Currently in a dogfight with New Hampshire on FS2 for those interested. 

good looking out. i'm gonna have to change back over to the USMNT match, but the one possession i just saw featured lots of standing around on offense and ended with a guard taking a pull-up from 18 feet and missing it. god it felt good to see it happening to someone else's team and not mine. sorry Marquette. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

26 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

the crowd tonight was a huge domino. not sure if that means that they collectively were the Domino of the Night, but a huge domino they were nonetheless.

64BB0132-D924-44D7-8203-930BF3544894.jpeg

Oh come on, you know what it means.

I domino, you domino, he/she/it DOMINOS. Domino, dominoing, dominology...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hey fuckstick, the thread is about Shaka. It's even titled "Point and Laugh at Shaka Smart". Do you go into a bar and bitch about people talking about alcohol? If you're incapable of being in this thread without shitting all over it every day because of YOUR obsession with Derka, then just stay the fuck out of the thread. So simple even a child can comprehend. Why can't you?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1