Point and laugh at Shaka Smart

Wulaw Horn

On 11/11/2021 at 9:28 PM, shadow_operative said:

Royce Hamm with 18 points and 17 rebounds on 7-12 (1-2) shooting in his debut for UNLV.

edit: he had eight (!!!) OREB.

another 17 boards for Royce Hamm in 27 minutes played in UNLV's two point win last night. seems like a good time for this reminder:

2DF6689C-F7AA-4644-958D-B6AD078BEE56.thumb.jpeg.e394b2c8f33b0e1b5a57f3ab9fb5c36e.jpeg

Royce Hamm was listed as "TBD" on this post, along with Gerald Liddell and Will Baker. 

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

another 17 boards for Royce Hamm in 27 minutes played in UNLV's two point win last night. seems like a good time for this reminder:

2DF6689C-F7AA-4644-958D-B6AD078BEE56.thumb.jpeg.e394b2c8f33b0e1b5a57f3ab9fb5c36e.jpeg

Royce Hamm was listed as "TBD" on this post, along with Gerald Liddell and Will Baker. 

Baker: Scored 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting, with four rebounds, in his Nevada debut against Eastern Washington (Nov. 9) ... Went 5-for-8 from the field, scored 12 points against San Diego (Nov. 12)

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Royce also had the game winning block.  

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWWFfAJv7gI/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

The one thing Shaka has going for him at Marquette is the Big East is nothing compared to the Big 12 in men's basketball. 

Just look at this year's Kenpom and top 20 teams:

Big East- 1 (Nova)

Big 12- 4 (Texas, Texas Tech, Baylor and Kansas) 

The middle and bottom of the Big 12 is also much better than Big East. 

this is his element.  low expectations at a basketball school in a weak conference.  he'll win games because the competition is so poor his coaching won't really matter much.

edit - additionally no pressure to get guys to the league

Edited by dcar00

3 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

I member when we beat UNC and I proclaimed on Shaggy that Shaka was going to win a NC at Texas.

his first team was likable and had so much potential. we had a ton of wins vs the top 25 with a winning record against them to boot. we beat half of that year's final four. Isaiah Taylor + a band of experienced seniors with great chemistry, + EDJ and Roach getting to thrive as role players equaled a really enjoyable season that made Shaka look like a great hire. and then the next five years happened. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886s4j8qkndahq114dim3

My main complaint against Shaka was that he abandoned Havok from the start of his tenure even though we had some teams that would have been a perfect fit for it. Maddening.

Then occasionally we would get down and employ a full court press and it would look great.  He clearly knows how to coach that style. And the fans love it. I will never understand his stubborn refusal to do what he is best at and what the fans are begging for.

• Like 1

Too lazy to look break down stats but Marq. closed their eyes and went crazy from three in the beginning of the 2nd half to pull this out. Ol Miss is terrible and the teams were mirror images of perimeter passing and jacked threes or one vs. all  drives. C

Kermit Davis was the agroid coach that cheated and lost his job, right? Good thing his daddy was the previous coach. Sorry if he has rosacea or he has an issue. SEC basketball. Not good.

8 hours ago, HookEm said:

My main complaint against Shaka was that he abandoned Havok from the start of his tenure even though we had some teams that would have been a perfect fit for it. Maddening.

Then occasionally we would get down and employ a full court press and it would look great.  He clearly knows how to coach that style. And the fans love it. I will never understand his stubborn refusal to do what he is best at and what the fans are begging for.

Agree.  And the few times we played semi-havocly (spelling my own), the team looked pretty good.  At least it would have been more exciting to run and lose than play whatever the f that was that Shaka rsn.

you can't tell me that we don't beat ACU by 25 if we run havoc against them. of course that's assuming that we have our full compliment of players, and that a guy like Greg Brown isn't just playing the role of very tall cheerleader. still- Kai, Sims, GB III, AJ, Ramey- don't tell me that they couldn't have pressed the shit out of half the teams on our schedule and just run them out the gym.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, HookEm said:

I feel like I remember articles where he basically said stuff about future NBA guys not wanting to Run that style and not being able to get their buy in on the level of effort needed. Maybe I’m wrong though. Feels like it was directed at Allen or Bamba if I’m not mistaken.

@shadow_operative can probably confirm if what I said is true or not.

Edited by hobbes2702

52 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I feel like I remember articles where he basically said stuff about future NBA guys not wanting to Run that style and not being able to get their buy in on the level of effort needed. Maybe I’m wrong though. Feels like it was directed at Allen or Bamba if I’m not mistaken.

@shadow_operative can probably confirm if what I said is true or not.

yeah he said from the beginning that he was going to be getting different types of recruits than he did at VCU, that he was going to play a style that guys like that want to play, and that the Big XII was a whole different league with a different type of athlete/player from the CAA/A-10, and that he le be running a half court, inside-out offense at Texas, which is what we did initially. 

On 11/20/2021 at 12:18 PM, Hermanator said:

Looks like Shaka may have just come here for the money grab and sand bagged on all of us. Fucking charlatan 

Shaka's teams always start off strong.  We were near flawless the first third of each season, usually picking up some big wins like UNC.  Then the wheels fell off in conference play after that.

Edited by OU Sucks

• 3 weeks later...