Point and laugh at Shaka Smart

Wulaw Horn

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

you come into the "point and laugh at shaka smart thread" and make some whiny post about people pointing and laughing at shaka smart. you're an idiot.

Whiny ?  Dude your entire history on shaggy, and here has been nothing but whiny post after whiny post.

EDIT: Flip me off all you want. Your threads, and post always end up as whiny rants.

Edited by blacklab
user taking time off for being off topic
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I really had no issue with Shaka until he took some shots at Texas on the way out. 

Barnes had his faults but I will always respect him based on how he handled things unlike some others like Shaka, Mack and Herman. 

100%. Never disliked him even though he sucked. Derka has his reasons for disliking him that he has hinted at before though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

100%. Never disliked him even though he sucked. Derka has his reasons for disliking him that he has hinted at before though.

yup. i never disliked him as a person until i found out him treating some of his players in what is an objectively fucked up manner. and even then, i knew that what he had done- as fucked up as it was- really wasn't much worse than what goes on every day in practices, games, meetings, etc, all over college basketball.  whole lotta egomaniacs out her coaching major college sports. so i still didn't have any real animosity towards him, more like resentment towards him and just pissed off feelings about him doing his players wrong, manipulating people to make himself look better, and sucking as a head coach.

like i said, Shaka isn't like Jeff Fisher, a guy who completely fabricated and then leaked a story about Vince Young being suicidal, having a gun, and turning his phone off (seriously, fuck jeff fisher), and i never implored anyone to hate shaka as a person. i never begrudged anyone liking him as a person. i just knew that he's a shady guy character wise, a guy who meticulously crafts his public image, he's manipulative, and most importantly, he was a terrible coach. i don't need to hate shaka smart; him being gone is good enough for me. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 2

@ some of the stuff upthread and just going forward because it will come up again: Mother Theresa could come waste 6 years of Texas basketball and I'd tell that bitch to fuck off by year 3. Some of you are way too apologetic for Shaka and don't care about Texas basketball enough. Dude turned one of the better programs into the country into a fucking joke and got twice as long as Strong did when he did that to football. 

Derka can hate on the guy as much as he wants. Unless I'm wrong I'm not sure Derka likes anything in life more than Texas being good at basketball. Let the man breathe and have a thread. Reserve your objections for when he's unwarrantedly being an annoying asshole in other threads. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Marquette fans are already done. 

Its still amazing we held on to him past year 4 with never once having a .500 record in conference.  I can't believe Texas had to live through Charlie Strong and Shaka Smart at the same fucking time.  

Fuck Shaka Smart

Fuck anyone that calls themselves a Texas fan stanning for him. 
but those poor fuckers at Marquette in for a long ass time. If they think this is some sort of bottom as far as bad coaching goes, welp, 3 years from now they will look back so fondly on this. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

Texas would have been so bad this season if Shaka was still here. Joplin, Ellis, and Itejere are hardly playing for Marquette. Tamar Bates is getting about 20 minutes a night at Indiana. 

Texas was likely going to need all 4 of those guys to be significant contributors this season even with the transfer portal. 3 or 4 conference wins is my guess. 

Edited by texasstrong12

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

next up #16 Providence.

I really thought he'd do well in the Big East. given the overall level of competition it seemed like a good fit. I guess we'll see.

Lol wut. Shaka has underperformed compared to his talent level at every stop. Derka has throughly covered how Shaka did worse than other VCU coaches in recent years and he clearly got beat by significantly less talented teams at Texas. 

The only way he has succeeded is by being a great recruiter who creates a large talent advantage. Marquette doesn’t have that so why would he do well there? His only chance at succeeding there is recruiting  a loaded roster in a couple years that has a massive talent advantage on the conference. I doubt he can do that, and even if he could, he’d probably still fuck it up. 

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lol wut. Shaka has underperformed compared to his talent level at every stop. Derka has throughly covered how Shaka did worse than other VCU coaches in recent years and he clearly got beat by significantly less talented teams at Texas. 

The only way he has succeeded is by being a great recruiter who creates a large talent advantage. Marquette doesn’t have that so why would he do well there? His only chance at succeeding there is recruiting  a loaded roster in a couple years that has a massive talent advantage on the conference. I doubt he can do that, and even if he could, he’d probably still fuck it up. 

I don't necessarily disagree.  I admit well was overstating it.  I know the VCU record also.  he can luck into a couple high level recruits for a year or so and given the overall league he could do OK.  He had absolutely no chance in the Big 12 or any power league.

I think I am fairly well on record saying his ass should have been gone after year 4.

56 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

The Big East had regressed recently but it's a good conference this year. Much better than in year's past. 

maybe.  does anyone know what the avg number of NCAA bids for Big East is over the last 5-6 years?

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

maybe.  does anyone know what the avg number of NCAA bids for Big East is over the last 5-6 years?

I haven't really looked at it but Nova, UCONN, Xavier, Seton Hall, Providence all look to be good this season and Creighton isn't bad. Last year the Big East had 3 top 50 Kenpom teams and this year they probably have 6. It's a much better conference this year. 

Poor Shaka. 

Edited by texasstrong12