Jump to content

Kim Mulkey to LSU


BurntOrange&White
 Share

Recommended Posts

Crossposting from the women's BB thread (originally posted on another board)

Quote

Let me begin by saying I am former BU men's BB player, former coach, former Asst. Supt. of large Houston suburban school district. I know Kim well.  
This pissing contest is not a new thing between the two. It all started shortly after Mack arrived. At the first C of C luncheon where the introduce all the area college HCs. Mack was introduced before Kim and Drew and he had his spiel and was asked about the status of the Ferrell Center, build new or renovate, etc. He said decision was on hold because the money was not there. When Kim spoke she immediately jumped on her supporters and supporters of BU basketball and urged them to "dig deep in those hip pockets" and lets get this done. Mack took offense and confronted her. Numerous things have happened between the them since then including Mack trying to cut her budget. She is well liked by at least 4 other HC that I know of. Mack has also riled the feathers of at least 2 other HCs. We have 2 really big egos. Mack--Napolean. Kim--self-made alpha dog. Apparently, there was no resolution for Kim. She was not fired. She is the new HC at LSU. Georgia HC is BU's next HC. Score another one for good 'ole BU admin. and board. I am done.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Vito Andolini said:

Would you care to share it?

Quote

"We are grateful for the more than two decades Kim Mulkey poured into building Baylor women's basketball to one of the nation's premier programs. Coach Mulkey's sustained success is one of the most remarkable runs in college basketball history, and her accomplishments are worthy of the Naismith Hall of Fame induction she'll experience later this year.
 
As we wish Coach Mulkey the best in a return to her home state, we celebrate her numerous accomplishments. Under Coach Mulkey's leadership, Baylor women's basketball has won every Big 12 Conference regular-season title since 2011 and added 11 Big 12 tournament titles, bringing home 23 Big 12 trophies during her 21-year career. The 2005 NCAA Championship showed the world Baylor could compete at the highest level nationally, and she added two more national championships in 2012 and 2019, placing Baylor alongside UConn, Tennessee and Stanford as the only programs to win three national titles. She did all of this while achieving a 100 percent graduation rate among student-athletes who started and finished their collegiate careers at Baylor.“

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crossposting from the women's BB thread (originally posted on another board)
Let me begin by saying I am former BU men's BB player, former coach, former Asst. Supt. of large Houston suburban school district. I know Kim well.  
This pissing contest is not a new thing between the two. It all started shortly after Mack arrived. At the first C of C luncheon where the introduce all the area college HCs. Mack was introduced before Kim and Drew and he had his spiel and was asked about the status of the Ferrell Center, build new or renovate, etc. He said decision was on hold because the money was not there. When Kim spoke she immediately jumped on her supporters and supporters of BU basketball and urged them to "dig deep in those hip pockets" and lets get this done. Mack took offense and confronted her. Numerous things have happened between the them since then including Mack trying to cut her budget. She is well liked by at least 4 other HC that I know of. Mack has also riled the feathers of at least 2 other HCs. We have 2 really big egos. Mack--Napolean. Kim--self-made alpha dog. Apparently, there was no resolution for Kim. She was not fired. She is the new HC at LSU. Georgia HC is BU's next HC. Score another one for good 'ole BU admin. and board. I am done.
 

Should have gotten Chip and JoJo to shiplap the shitty Ferrell Center up
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She was assistant at LaTech (her alma mater) when they were actually a power in WBB. Their coach at the time retired and suggested Mulkey. The AD wasn’t impressed and lowballed her with a 1 year offer. She basically told him to fuck off and went to Baylor. So Baylor basically fell into an elite coach. LSU is basically her dream job

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Godzillatron said:

Tehc could learn a thing or two from the official Baylor statement on her departure.

And Baylor could learn a thing or two about not encouraging cruelty to animals, murder, and rape culture. 

  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Fuck Baylor. If Mulkey had a shred of integrity she'd say she left Waco because she was tired of Baylor's hypocrisy & that many of the players were never allowed to live openly for fear of violating BU's "code".
 

Don’t forget her response to people asking about the rape scandal was “punch them in the face” 

She was one of them 

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

She was assistant at LaTech (her alma mater) when they were actually a power in WBB. Their coach at the time retired and suggested Mulkey. The AD wasn’t impressed and lowballed her with a 1 year offer. She basically told him to fuck off and went to Baylor. So Baylor basically fell into an elite coach. LSU is basically her dream job

If it was “her dream job,” she could have left after Sue Gunter, or leveraged her first championship for the job after Pokey Chapman or Van Chancellor. 

Just puzzling to leave after you’ve won 2 more titles, almost a dozen Big 12 titles in a row and had a team that is one of the handful of favorites for the title in 2022. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t know if it’s puzzling rather I think it’s pretty clear.  She had beef with that AD.  Words were said and you know KM isn’t backing down.  

It’s pretty clear there were behind the scenes shit that both sides will insist didn’t happen because that’s the only reason you’d leave this job after the NCs, Big 12 titles, and basically being a top 3 coach where you’ve built a national power that competes for NCs year in and year out. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny enough this has been rumored as done for about a week on tigerrant, but at the time I could not believe it...

Now hearing about the issues tied to the AD it makes way more sense...

Now time to see Drew slink off to the NBA and their implosion will be complete

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t know if it’s puzzling rather I think it’s pretty clear.  She had beef with that AD.  Words were said and you know KM isn’t backing down.  

It’s pretty clear there were behind the scenes shit that both sides will insist didn’t happen because that’s the only reason you’d leave this job after the NCs, Big 12 titles, and basically being a top 3 coach where you’ve built a national power that competes for NCs year in and year out. 

 

Puzzling in the sense that it’s been a “dream job” but she’s had plenty of opportunities to leave.  It was clearly Mack Rhodes picking money over Mulkey.  And that’s his right, it’s his job and legacy as AD. Mulkey’s legacy is cemented. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Puzzling in the sense that it’s been a “dream job” but she’s had plenty of opportunities to leave.  It was clearly Mack Rhodes picking money over Mulkey.  And that’s his right, it’s his job and legacy as AD. Mulkey’s legacy is cemented. 

And there’s a horn poster on IT who claims inside info and said KM wanted her name on the new arena and they told her no.  And I’m pretty sure the arena location issue is true as many times as it’s been reported. KM swung her balls around and they got batted down by their AD.  She then said “nigga, I’ll take my balls and my championship coaching to Red Stick and good luck being at the bottom of the big 12 again.”

 

KM said:

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

One of the most unlikable people in sports.  I'm glad to see her gone, and I don't care if Baylor maintains their level of play.  She's a shitty person and as or more dirty than most in that business.  Just another remarkably hypocritical employment by an allegedly "Christian" university.

tell us how you really feel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

One of the most unlikable people in sports.  I'm glad to see her gone, and I don't care if Baylor maintains their level of play.  She's a shitty person and as or more dirty than most in that business.  Just another remarkably hypocritical employment by an allegedly "Christian" university.

Care to elaborate?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, no idea who they'll get to fill her pointy shoes. Baylor is building a new bball arena soon and there's some talent on the team still (assuming they don't all transfer) so I guess it's an attractive job to someone. Karen Aston jump ship from Roadrunners maybe? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Yeah, no idea who they'll get to fill her pointy shoes. Baylor is building a new bball arena soon and there's some talent on the team still (assuming they don't all transfer) so I guess it's an attractive job to someone. Karen Aston jump ship from Roadrunners maybe? 

That would be hilarious but unlikely 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...