Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

With this and guys like Dewberry and Perkins visiting it seems like we have our visit bag game. It’s the bigger amounts needed for commits that we aren’t matching. 

Feel like if we were playing the game we’d be playing it fully, but who knows

23 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

With this and guys like Dewberry and Perkins visiting it seems like we have our visit bag game. It’s the bigger amounts needed for commits that we aren’t matching. 

So how does the bag thing work?  How do we prevent from getting Bear Alexander'd or Dickerson'd?  

Edited by closetohumping

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Feels like this kid is doing everything he can to go to TCU. Just open It up post your AGTG bullshit. Go to the little TCU and watch sark run a train all over you

Well, hard to say everything when they'd take his commitment in a second and he hasn't pulled the trigger. But this soft commit thing is just obnoxious.

Edited by texifornia

IT Scoop

DE Omari Abor, Duncanville (Duncanville, TX) - 2022: The 6-foot-4, 240-pound composite five-star will trip to Austin for the BBQ/pool party on July 30th.

Texas has stayed in touch with the versatile defensive end and now the staff will get him to Austin to finally meet him in person. The multi-sport standout took official visits to Ohio State, LSU, Alabama, and OU in June.

While the Buckeyes and Sooners have the advantage, this is a strong move by the Texas staff to get Abor on campus.

With 27 offers including Oregon, Georgia, and Michigan, Abor is one of the most coveted defenders in the Class of 2022.

EDGE Derrick Brown, Texas High (Texarkana, TX) - 2022: He’s ready. The 6-foot-4, 210-pound edge-backer knows where he’s going. And on July 31st, he’ll tell the world.

Baylor was the first to build a good relationship with Brown. Then OU and Arkansas jumped into the pursuit. Texas and Texas A&M came in afterwards and after taking official visits and spending countless hours on the phone, it’s down to the Longhorns and Bears.

UT has been tremendous on selling program, school, and opportunities. NIL has his attention. Jeff Choate, Pete Kwiatkowski, and Chris Gilbert have put in the work. Now, it’s time to see the fruit of their labor.

IT will head to see Brown in Texarkana this week.

LB Jeremy Patton, Tenaha (Tenaha, TX) - 2022: He’s set to announce his future intentions on July 31st as well. Texas, Baylor, and Michigan are the major players here, with LSU watching with a close eye.

The 6-foot-2, 210-pound three-star holds double-digit offers, but this is a guy that will stay close to home. He’s built a great relationship with Pete Kwiatkowski and Jeff Choate. He loves what UT can do for him. The only question remains, what’s the parking ticket situation when you ride your horse to class?

IT will visit see Patton in Tenaha this week.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX) - 2022: Texas or Texas A&M. Lone Star Showdown. He hits Austin on July 30th, and College Station on July 31st. This will be a head-to-head win, no matter the outcome.

LB Sebastian Cheeks, Township (Evanston, IL) - 2022: Another linebacker squarely on the coaches’ radar, the Midwest raised defender still has his eyes on Texas.

The 6-foot-3, 210-pound four-star holds 27 offers, but UT, North Carolina, Michigan, Oregon, and Wisconsin are the ones that stand out.

Texas is very fond of Cheeks, but there’s a sense he wants to stay closer to home. His family is dealing with an illness, and that’s why Wisconsin is now a school to watch.

He prefers the proximity of the Big Ten school, and while he wants to visit again UT in the fall, this one might be tougher the closer we get to NSD.

OL Earnest Greene, St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) - 2022: One out-of-state offensive lineman that keeps in contact with Texas is the Cali-bred four-star.

After Texas offered in February, Greene and the staff have built a nice relationship, and there’s an expectation that the 6-foot-4.5, 330-pounder will visit Austin again in the fall.

“I honestly really like Texas,” said Greene. “I like the staff and feel that I am building a great bond with them. Coach (Andre) Coleman actually played with my dad in the NFL. I’ve built a pretty good relationship with Coach (Kyle) Flood and Coach Sark while they were at Alabama. I would say that we are building a pretty good relationship.”

Greene visited Texas in late June, and came away with a strong appreciation for the staff and program.

With 24 offers including Ohio State, Alabama, Florida, and LSU, Greene has an official visit to Columbus scheduled for September.

DT Aaron Bryant (Southaven, MS): Texas and Bryant continue to have positive communication. The Longhorns are arguably the leader right now over Texas A&M, but Ole Miss is creeping back into the picture. The 6-foot-4, 300-pound defensive tackle is scheduled to make the short trip to Ole Miss July 30th for the Rebels recruiting event, and has informed Texas and Texas A&M that he will likely make an official visit to Ole Miss during the season. That’s where this recruitment gets tricky for Texas. Should Bryant want to make a commitment prior to the season, but still make an official visit during the season — Texas would have a tough decision to make whether to accept the commitment in August or tell Bryant to make the OV to Ole Miss and get back to Texas during the season before making a decision. Despite Bryant’s father having attended Ole Miss, the Rebels have been on the outside looking in for the majority of this recruitment.

DB Jaylon Guilbeau, Memorial (Port Arthur, TX): The longest tenured Longhorn commit might be the softest pledge in the class. TCU has been pushing hard for quite some time, and if Guilbeau opens up his recruitment the Horned Frogs would become the immediate favorite. Other schools, like A&M, have kept in contact with Guilbeau but this will come down to who prioritizes him.

We’ve been watching this one for some time but are now on heightened alert. One thing to ponder, is, would he de-commit before the pool party on the 30th?

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, MichaelDicksonFanClub said:

Is LTG comparable play style wise? They’re almost the same size. 

I don't think so. Guilbeau has a shot at sticking at corner, while LTG looks like an athletic safety who'd get exposed on the outside by high end WRs. I think both can play nickel, but are different types of nickel depending on scheme. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not to go all satya/bruh man, but if Guilbeau bolts and we don't land Harris we are fucked at Corner.

This staff doesn't seem to have the last staff's knack for keeping a deep bench of secondary options warm - whether that's on Harris, Glasscock, or whoever, I do not know.

You'd think we'd at least have some lines of communication with the Julian Humphrey/Marcus Scott/Jalen Peoples tier of players.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

This staff doesn't seem to have the last staff's knack for keeping a deep bench of secondary options warm - whether that's on Harris, Glasscock, or whoever, I do not know.

You'd think we'd at least have some lines of communication with the Julian Humphrey/Marcus Scott/Jalen Peoples tier of players.

If the staff's logic is "We can take Jalon Peoples or another transfer", I would agree with their method to this point. If they're falling back on "We're Texas", well then this is going to be a long cycle.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Anyone want a reason to freak out? Go look at Devon Campbell's most recent Twitter likes. Random string of old OREGON tweets (even though they weren't in his recent top 5)

good news? no recent follows are Oregon related, actually a handful of USC follows.

https://en.whotwi.com/d1campbell_/friends

3 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Something doesn’t add up with IT on Anderson and Guilbeau. You can’t have one looking around and the other with UT ahead in the recruitment. They really have no clue and/or just forgot the original bullshit they contrived about the two. 

They're friends from the same area, not Siamese twins.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Something doesn’t add up with IT on Anderson and Guilbeau. You can’t have one looking around and the other with UT ahead in the recruitment. They really have no clue and/or just forgot the original bullshit they contrived about the two. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

They're friends from the same area, not Siamese twins.

IT has shown it really doesn’t know shit based on Banks. This should be assumed until they get something correct. Hopefully Anderson is it but I don’t get the warm fuzzies when aggy gets the last word. 

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Smells like a another fist yourself bet.  You in?

Unfortunately I agree with him. We went from him being a slam dunk to he’s waiting for Jimbo to come back from his rhino hunt and give him the last visit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Anyone want a reason to freak out? Go look at Devon Campbell's most recent Twitter likes. Random string of old OREGON tweets (even though they weren't in his recent top 5)

Whoa…he liked about 10 Oregon related posts in a row

55 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

IT has shown it really doesn’t know shit based on Banks. This should be assumed until they get something correct. Hopefully Anderson is it but I don’t get the warm fuzzies when aggy gets the last word. 

I mean…they got Hutson and Robertson, knew Sexton was out and hinted at Miller. Banks and Williams were god awful misses, but if you are waiting until they get something right, you can stop waiting. 

I think it’s absolutely fair to be critical of IT. It’s a paid service ffs. But, they will always know more actual facts than you. Discerning between the facts and bullshit, and reinterpreting their predictions through the lens of a person living in reality is the game, imo. Even today, “Texas leads, but” is an indicator they’re not very confident. Just use them. They use you. 

10 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

I mean…they got Hutson and Robertson, knew Sexton was out and hinted at Miller. Banks and Williams were god awful misses, but if you are waiting until they get something right, you can stop waiting. 

I think it’s absolutely fair to be critical of IT. It’s a paid service ffs. But, they will always know more actual facts than you. Discerning between the facts and bullshit, and reinterpreting their predictions through the lens of a person living in reality is the game, imo. Even today, “Texas leads, but” is an indicator they’re not very confident. Just use them. They use you. 

All true. I think my issue is that the Banks miss was so bad it’s hard to understand. Every other outlet (Texas and non Texas) had it correct that it wasn’t UT once he moved up the date. Those tits ignored the obvious up until the end. In that case they definitely did not know more than anyone (me included). 

im not giving them shit on Williams. Everyone had that fucked including our staff most likely.   On the OLs - that is a low bar for being correct. Again everyone knew what that choice was way before any announcement. 

I’ll get over it, for sure, but the job they did on Banks was considerably bad.  It reminded me of 3figs level reporting.   In any event it gives me pause in their Anderson reporting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

I won’t even eat fucking oregano anymore because of Oregon 

Yeah well I was a Roloff fan but not anymore, fuck those wee bastards. 

...and the Goonies also while we're at it.

Edited by RollLeft

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Which would complicate IT’s assertion that Anderson is concerned about talent in the class. Unless Anderson is exclusively concerned with OT or WR. Then he sort of has a point. 

Forget where I picked it up - maybe an aggy site- but I thought Anderson is being sold on see the talent up front defensively which will make your job on the back end easier. Is it an easy sell on what aggy is bringing on the DL compared to Texas?  

30 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

CTJ was confident on Anderson. That’s the last fact keeping me from considering him gone to A&M. 

22 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Same here, although is my memory correct that he had confidence in Banks also?

the guy bats below the mendoza line. he has no sources and is almost always wrong and yet people hang on his words. it’s a good bit, but it’s a bit. 

Gerry Hamilton

Senior National Recruiting Analyst On3.com

Texas July 30 visitor list

The last recruiting event of the summer for the Texas staff will take place July 30.

IT will be adding, and adjusting the status of attendees leading up to the event with all eyes on Beaumont West Brook, Texas High and Tenaha.

Commits:
G/C Cole Hutson (Frisco)
G/C Connor Robertson (Austin Westlake)
S Bryan Allen Jr. (Aledo)
DB Jaylon Guilbeau (Port Arthur Memorial)

2022:
DB Bryce Anderson (Beaumont West Brook)
LB Harold Perkins (Cy Park)
OT Kam Dewberry (Atascocita)
DL Omari Abor (Duncanville)
EDGE/LB Derrick Brown (Texas High)
LB Jeremy Patton (Tenaha)
LB K’von Sherman (Pearland)

Maybe:
WR Brenen Thompson (Spearman)

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting