Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

22 minutes ago, Big Woodrows said:

IT reporting that Florida is no longer in the running for Stewart and has been effectively replaced by A&M. Also, DeAnthony Gatson has a Zoom call scheduled with Drayton and will commit quickly if re-offered.

Well hopefully someone shows Stewart the same film Troy Omeire saw. 

8 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

With a Vegas O/U of 7.5, I had us at 8-4. Then I drank the kool-aid after TCU and went to 9-3. After two thorough bed shittings, I’m at 7-5. 

Make no mistake, it’s hurting recruiting. We suck until we don’t, and there are some elite players who like us but want to see improvement. 

you mean seven win steve is gonna win.....wait for it...seven games?  

10 minutes ago, Nope said:

Something something Smith Jeudy Ruggs Waddle

Which QB on our roster is going to sling it around to that many receivers? We have a guy capable of locking on to one and if he can get it to him before getting killed, we’re golden.

I apologize, I’m a bit pessimistic today. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Maybe Stewart doesn’t want to complete with Worthy.

Worthy and Stewart complement each other and open the field for each other. Worthy on one side and Stewart on the other? I doubt any 2 dbs at any school on our schedule and stop either. Add Thompson and hopefully Winfield to that set and no school in the country can defend that foursome.

Worthy and Stewart complement each other and open the field for each other. Worthy on one side and Stewart on the other? I doubt any 2 dbs at any school on our schedule and stop either. Add Thompson and hopefully Winfield to that set and no school in the country can defend that foursome.

Yeah they can. It’s called a pass rush and we’ll be annihilated with it.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

29 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

How many seconds does it take for a WR to get to his spot?

Edited by westexhorn

39 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Which QB on our roster is going to sling it around to that many receivers? We have a guy capable of locking on to one and if he can get it to him before getting killed, we’re golden.

I apologize, I’m a bit pessimistic today. 

How many seasons would Stewart be playing with this offensive line?

Just now, Creasy Bear said:

I don’t like the optics. 

Our team as sucked shit through a straw for a dozen years, has currently been rejected by urban meyer because he doesn’t think you can win at Texas, the current head guy has blown two huge games in a row with massive leads and shown little ability to adjust in game, our OL is showing no improvement over time, our DL is actually regressing, and our DC doesn’t seem to understand down and distance, and we’re an underdog to a well coached Baylor team this weekend with a chance to get buttfucked on TV for the third straight week…but THESE are the optics you’re worried about, that even Stewart might take a bag and go to aTm? Well, ok guy. This is definitely the right hill to make your stand. 

it’s like repeatedly bitching about your jacket having a hole in during last February’s winter storm. Oh, THATS the big problem, is it?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Our team as sucked shit through a straw for a dozen years, has currently been rejected by urban meyer because he doesn’t think you can win at Texas, the current head guy has blown two huge games in a row with massive leads and shown little ability to adjust in game, our OL is showing no improvement over time, our DL is actually regressing, and our DC doesn’t seem to understand down and distance, and we’re an underdog to a well coached Baylor team this weekend with a chance to get buttfucked on TV for the third straight week…

On the last drive against Oklahoma State, before we decided to allow them to score, we played 6 men in the box with both of our safeties more than 20 yards from the line of scrimmage when we had to defend the run at all costs. That’s when I knew this season was forsaken and our only hope was to drop bags of cash on recruits to be a good team again. 

I don’t care how we do it, but people involved in Texas football should act with the same desperation A&M did when they gave Jimbo 75M dollars. Its time for us to go full on Georgia recruiting machine and right now. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

On the last drive against Oklahoma State, before we decided to allow them to score, we played 6 men in the box with both of our safeties more than 20 yards from the line of scrimmage when we had to defend the run at all costs. That’s when I knew this season was forsaken and our only hope was to drop bags of cash on recruits to be a good team again. 

I don’t care how we do it, but people involved in Texas football should act with the same desperation A&M did when they gave Jimbo 75M dollars. Its time for us to go full on Georgia recruiting machine and right now. 

Hope in one hand, shot in the other. 

it’s not just that the boosters don’t want to get their hands that dirty, it’s also that they don’t even know where to start. We’ll move song but it won’t be as soon as “right now.” 

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

it’s not just that the boosters don’t want to get their hands that dirty, it’s also that they don’t even know where to start

I'd start with OL and DL and go from there.

Edited by TriStone
/s
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hope in one hand, shot in the other. 

it’s not just that the boosters don’t want to get their hands that dirty, it’s also that they don’t even know where to start. We’ll move song but it won’t be as soon as “right now.” 

I somehow managed to cope through the Strong fiasco and Herman had enough bright spots to keep me engaged. If we follow up 6-6/7-5 with no recruiting momentum, I’m not sure how I will cope with it. Our only hope is to buy recruits, clean house on the defensive coaching staff have some sort positive momentum going into next year. 

49 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Our team as sucked shit through a straw for a dozen years, has currently been rejected by urban meyer because he doesn’t think you can win at Texas, the current head guy has blown two huge games in a row with massive leads and shown little ability to adjust in game, our OL is showing no improvement over time, our DL is actually regressing, and our DC doesn’t seem to understand down and distance, and we’re an underdog to a well coached Baylor team this weekend with a chance to get buttfucked on TV for the third straight week…but THESE are the optics you’re worried about, that even Stewart might take a bag and go to aTm? Well, ok guy. This is definitely the right hill to make your stand. 

it’s like repeatedly bitching about your jacket having a hole in during last February’s winter storm. Oh, THATS the big problem, is it?

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I somehow managed to cope through the Strong fiasco and Herman had enough bright spots to keep me engaged. If we follow up 6-6/7-5 with no recruiting momentum, I’m not sure how I will cope with it. Our only hope is to buy recruits, clean house on the defensive coaching staff have some sort positive momentum going into next year. 

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Drinking still works for me. And tuning out after we shit the bed. Man, you know we’re not “cleaning house” defensively. We’ll change 1-2 guys tops, and not kwiatkowski. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

clean house on the defensive coaching staff have some sort positive momentum going into next year. 

see, now i am curious. there is a middle ground between going full Tom Herman (never go full Tom Herman) on a staff and sticking with your guys until literally forced to make a change or cleaning house.

Sark cleaning house on the defensive front isn't going to happen

1) it isn't all misses on the hiring front. BO FUCKING DAVIS

2) basically all of the defensive moves were pretty highly thought of almost across the board (PK, Chote, Gideon, Davis) - the whiff for me was Terry Joseph and maybe not keeping Hutzler?

3) he isn't going to say, based on 7 games, that he fucked up an entire defensive side of the ball

4) straight up, it isn't ONLY a coaching issue. Going into OU every starter on the defensive side of the ball was an upper classman with the exception of Jerrin Thompson being an OR at FS. how many times have guys missed tackles (looking at how many long Caleb Williams runs, or the back breaker by Brooks against OU), made boneheaded plays when they know better (Jamison 2x vs TTU backup), or made the wrong move (Brock. has done this a few times)

5) i believe in PK, guy has a long history of success at the G5 and P5 level. people act like we hired the defensive version of Drew Mehringer - currently the QB coach (!!!) at New Mexico. does PK have changes to make and have to get better? absolutely. but i am not on board to fire the guy after SEVEN GAMES.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting