Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, you might want to consider guessing to be a waste of your time. It's being laid out here and in several other places. 

Reading? That's boring. I'll just make it up in my head

I choose to believe it's one of those money tornado machines and they lock. one OL and one Make-A-Wish kid inside and they both grab as much cash as they can in 1 minute.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, westexhorn said:

Will walk-on OL get paid too?

it said 14-16 OL

not perfect, but the 247 scholarship distribution (RIP the IT one that was actually not shit) - https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2022-Football/ScholarshipDistribution/

• 7 OT
  • 7 IOL
  • 14 total

so can't help here. based on what we know about burnt ends dudes are identified, get paid and then if they flip around somewhere else it's moot (so if a TE flips to DL they still get Burnt Ends $$$) - so if a guy is identified as one of those players he gets paid?

Edited by NoName

4 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

previous commitment messages: "Taking my talents to the University of Texas for the next three to four years!"

future commitment messages: "Taking my talents to the University of Texas for the next six to seven years!"

Okafor and Imade would have been millionaires.

• Haha 8

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks.

I have been on the boards since 1997 when I was a student at Texas. We've spent decades as fans and board patrons feeling powerless to create any real change. The Internet, social media, and time building knowledge and money have brought us to the point where we can actually do something about this sport we love.

My expectation is that this does indeed help this staff, the players, future players, and the program. If we could start winning at an elite level again, that would justify the effort we have put in since early July when it became immediately evident that the Athletic Department wasn't going to be a help. 

If Texas, its layers of fanbase from the BMDs to the middles to the everyday fans, the city of Austin, and the state of Texas are truly able to harness the competitive advantages within NIL's framework, UT can have an engine built that very few other programs can rival and will put these silly ass, dark market bagman games to absolute shame. 

@immamac @RGBIII @SydneyCarton @GlenFromTheMailRoom @SquishMitten and several folks not on this board, including Bobby Burton, played huge roles in getting this going. @texifornia @Burt Macklin @Dbeasy @henrygandorf and a number of other folks (shout yourself out for positive rep if you're not named) helped get this from idea to a germinating sapling as well.

Here's to bigger and better. 

Godspeed, you beautiful bastards

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks.

I have been on the boards since 1997 when I was a student at Texas. We've spent decades as fans and board patrons feeling powerless to create any real change. The Internet, social media, and time building knowledge and money have brought us to the point where we can actually do something about this sport we love.

My expectation is that this does indeed help this staff, the players, future players, and the program. If we could start winning at an elite level again, that would justify the effort we have put in since early July when it became immediately evident that the Athletic Department wasn't going to be a help. 

If Texas, its layers of fanbase from the BMDs to the middles to the everyday fans, the city of Austin, and the state of Texas are truly able to harness the competitive advantages within NIL's framework, UT can have an engine built that very few other programs can rival and will put these silly ass, dark market bagman games to absolute shame. 

@immamac @RGBIII @SydneyCarton @GlenFromTheMailRoom @SquishMitten and several folks not on this board, including Bobby Burton, played huge roles in getting this going. @texifornia @Burt Macklin @Dbeasy @henrygandorf and a number of other folks (shout yourself out for positive rep if you're not named) helped get this from idea to a germinating sapling as well.

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks.

A song I dedicate to all y’all 

3 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

You might want to read all the way to the bottom of the press release.

"Clark Field Collective is a key participating donor to Horns with Heart."

Now imagine a world, again, where someone (now two someones) involved is TELLING YOU how it works, that it is two different silos of money doing 2 different things concurrently, you stupid dildo.

Edited by SydneyCarton

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Here's the problem with this kind of comment and the kind of logic that aggies have already starting throwing out there too - it's pretty fucking hard to do this kind of thing without a Phil Knight. There is a shit ton of catherding and hustle and sales.

I see similar kinds of comments when I've been a part of a start-up or small business exit: "Oh yeah, I always thought about doing that too." Did you? Cool. It's like start-up Santa Claus just shows up to selected doorsteps and makes it all happen for people.

Ideas are free. The hustle is sold separately. Getting an idea from the ether and then into a vision, to a strategy, then to tactics with measurable actions and results, and owning the risk in putting in all of that effort - that shit is complicated trending towards chaos. Good luck just whipping things right up and also making them sustainable. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Here's the problem with this kind of comment and the kind of logic that aggies have already starting throwing out there too - it's pretty fucking hard to do this kind of thing without a Phil Knight. There is a shit ton of catherding and hustle and sales.

I see similar kinds of comments when I've been a part of a start-up or small business exit: "Oh yeah, I always thought about doing that too." Did you? Cool. It's like start-up Santa Claus just shows up to selected doorsteps and makes it all happen for people.

Ideas are free. The hustle is sold separately. Getting an idea from the ether and then into a vision, to a strategy, then to tactics with measurable actions and results, and owning the risk in putting in all of that effort - that shit is complicated trending towards chaos. Good luck just whipping things right up and also making them sustainable. 

While all of this is 100% true, I still find it almost certain that A&M and their representatives tell recruits that they have the same thing in the next two weeks. It's up to our staff to tell the recruits to ask for the details.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, realgreggym said:

This is all great stuff but the NIL and the portal will be the end of college athletics. It won't be long until high school kids will be hiring attorneys to negotiate NIL deals. I understand this is the new reality but it may not end well for many schools. I hope that I am wrong. 

Stop yelling at clouds. The sun is out. 

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks.

We appreciate you guys. Well done.  

• Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

I'm ready for the bitching of our resident ISU and OSU posters (who I like). 

Yeah, evil Texas at it again.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend, so I will always cut OSU posters slack.  But I went to the game in Ames this year.  Never been treated more poorly as a visitor by a fan base in my life.  They can all die in combine and/or silo accidents as far as I'm concerned going forward.  Fuck them and their cow college.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

While all of this is 100% true, I still find it almost certain that A&M and their representatives tell recruits that they have the same thing in the next two weeks. It's up to our staff to tell the recruits to ask for the details.

They’re telling them they do now. The general Aggie retort right now is basically “haha we’ve been doing this and offering fat nil deals way to catch up” 

12 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 3

This is all great stuff but the NIL and the portal will be the end of college athletics. It won't be long until high school kids will be hiring attorneys to negotiate NIL deals. I understand this is the new reality but it may not end well for many schools. I hope that I am wrong. 

Okay boomer
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Only a matter of time before we get something specific for quarterbacks right? Like days?

Feel free to contribute to that idea. I know a place where you can make a contribution. Because raising 800k from people is just so fucking easy to begin with, lets skip right to "What's next?" Fuck. 

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Now imagine a world, again, where someone (now two someones) involved is TELLING YOU how it works, that it is two different silos of money doing 2 different things concurrently, you stupid dildo.

I have the ability to hold two opposing ideas in my mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function, thanks.

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Feel free to contribute to that idea. I know a place where you can make a contribution. Because raising 800k from people is just so fucking easy to begin with, lets skip right to "What's next?" Fuck. 

Calm down, you should understand my sense of humor by now. It's called sarcasm. Thanks for what you have played a part in BTW.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting