Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Just now, The Beast said:

That “right choice” he speaks of wanted to run his ass out of the program no less then a month ago and will do it again. So sure stay with that narrative.

Aggy genes are almost impossible to overcome. And in most of their women's cases, they're Husky-sized.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

It’s not an unintended consequence of NIL. Paying players is literally the intended consequence. Is this guy a fucking idiot? 

Not only that, but blaming the NCAA for it is really weird too.  The NCAA doesn't have anything to do with it.  The state legislatures were enabling it with or without the NCAA.  The NCAA simply gave up and rolled over on a battle it couldn't possibly win.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

@closetojumpingIs it time for a new title?  

I love all the whining about shit not being fair.  You know what’s not fair?  Paying people under the table for years.  Eat shit and die aggy.

Give me something good to work with and I'm happy to do it. I've already given it some thought and I've got too much noise in my head right now to see through to something better at the moment.

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm going to wait a year or 2 until I write Foster off but he was truly awful this year. He's almost entirely the reason they lost to LSU. He has zero mobility and physicality leaves a lot to be desired. 

Go to the 50:50 timestamp here and watch the center. This is Jaggish level ability and I can find about 10 of these type plays from the LSU game alone. 

I don't know where Foster ended up at the end of the year but around the midpoint of the season he was ranked as one of the lowest graded PFF centers in the country. I'll try to find his final PFF grade. 

He's Patrick Vahe all over again. Makes Freshman All-American teams because he's one of the only true freshman playing the position when his play was way below average. 

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2016/10/12/report-ol-patrick-vahe-lowest-graded-freshman-guard-nationally-in-2015/9832853007/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

The aggy reaction is a mind numbing sequence of

- "It's illegal!"

- "It's not fair!"

- "It's desperate ... "

- "It's pointless .."

- "We have it too!"

- "Already doing it - been doing it FOR YEARS!! ... " 🙄

I'm always telling my kids things about the notion of fair, so today has me laughing. 

"Fair is a four letter word."

"Fair is just a feeling."

"Fair is for pig auctions and pie-eating contests."

I thought about Fair Is a Four Letter Word but it doesn't have the scale I like for title changes.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm always telling my kids things about the notion of fair, so today has me laughing. 

I thought about Fair Is a Four Letter Word but it doesn't have the scale I like for title changes.

Heh, our high school physics teacher liked to say that the fair is the first two weeks in October.

• Haha 1

Just now, utee94 said:

So I love what CTJ and SC and the others have been putting together, but I don't follow recruiting very much-- will this news help us land any o-linemen that might have previously been out of contention, for the 2022 class?  

We will find out in next next week or so. 

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

SEC isn’t going to let aggy say shit about fuck after their little temper tantrum when they took us.

Especially after their little temper tantrum has delayed the expanded playoffs and the metric shit ton of cash that the SEC is going to miss out on now that the new version if and when they expand will have provisions limiting the number of schools per conferences now.

Their little hissy fit has conservatively cost the SEC 100s of millions of dollars in potential future earnings.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Pancake Flipping

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Give me something good to work with and I'm happy to do it. I've already given it some thought and I've got too much noise in my head right now to see through to something better at the moment.

Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - NIL FLEXIN (now with pancakes)!

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Thanks.

I have been on the boards since 1997 when I was a student at Texas. We've spent decades as fans and board patrons feeling powerless to create any real change. The Internet, social media, and time building knowledge and money have brought us to the point where we can actually do something about this sport we love.

My expectation is that this does indeed help this staff, the players, future players, and the program. If we could start winning at an elite level again, that would justify the effort we have put in since early July when it became immediately evident that the Athletic Department wasn't going to be a help. 

If Texas, its layers of fanbase from the BMDs to the middles to the everyday fans, the city of Austin, and the state of Texas are truly able to harness the competitive advantages within NIL's framework, UT can have an engine built that very few other programs can rival and will put these silly ass, dark market bagman games to absolute shame. 

@immamac @RGBIII @SydneyCarton @GlenFromTheMailRoom @SquishMitten and several folks not on this board, including Bobby Burton, played huge roles in getting this going. @texifornia @Burt Macklin @Dbeasy @henrygandorf and a number of other folks (shout yourself out for positive rep if you're not named) helped get this from idea to a germinating sapling as well.

Here's to bigger and better. 

Been offline all day and about to be driving for another three hours, but thanks to every one of you magnificent bastards for putting this together. 

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

How about a nod to the original forum title?

Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Jimbo Didn't Pay

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Maybe something wrt aggy getting their shinebox.

Ease up there, jinxy. Holy shit.

1 minute ago, utee94 said:

So I love what CTJ and SC and the others have been putting together, but I don't follow recruiting very much-- will this news help us land any o-linemen that might have previously been out of contention, for the 2022 class?  

The original expectation and the belief I still maintain is that anything for 2022's class is just gravy. This was done to begin the process of showing the base what is actually possible and to build a foundation for the future to impact the bagman game. 

Now, we launched it with good timing because we could, once the work was all coming together. And this recruiting cycle is fucking nuts in like 10 ways, so anything can happen. That's the thing, just as DKR said, "you got to think lucky. fall into a puddle of water? then come up checking your pockets for fish." As one of my business partners and buddies always says "hell, I'm starting to think that half of success in life is just showing up." So, who knows? 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

The original expectation and the belief I still maintain is that anything for 2022's class is just gravy. This was done to begin the process of showing the base what is actually possible and to build a foundation for the future to impact the bagman game. 

Now, we launched it with good timing because we could, once the work was all coming together. And this recruiting cycle is fucking nuts in like 10 ways, so anything can happen. That's the thing, just as DKR said, "you got to think lucky. fall into a puddle of water? then come up checking your pockets for fish." As one of my business partners and buddies always says "hell, I'm starting to think that half of success in life is just showing up." So, who knows? 

I would think helps a ton with 22s like Cam Williams or Agbo who likely aren't getting huge bags elsewhere. For someone like K Banks we'll see how Aggy responds but it's gotta help some.

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

In lieu of the new Pancake Deal, I would like to see "Flood, party of 5, your table is ready."

12 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Especially after their little temper tantrum has delayed the expanded playoffs and the metric shit ton of cash that the SEC is going to miss out on now that the new version if and when they expand will have provisions limiting the number of schools per conferences now.

Their little hissy fit has conservatively cost the SEC 100s of millions of dollars in potential future earnings.

Not following this, but sounds like something they would do!

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting