Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

BTW I am seriously disappointed in our BOMC ESPN overlords.....it hasn't even popped up on ESPN yet....geez......

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm always telling my kids things about the notion of fair, so today has me laughing. 

"Fair is a four letter word."

"Fair is just a feeling."

"Fair is for pig auctions and pie-eating contests."

I thought about Fair Is a Four Letter Word but it doesn't have the scale I like for title changes.

“You still want ‘fair?’ All right. Head north. Stop when you get to Indianapolis. Tractor pulls, cotton candy, kettle corn, and the world’s largest steer. First week in August.” 

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Not following this, but sounds like something they would do!

So if they would have waited and let the entire process continue through instead of rushing to finish up, there was a solid chance that the CFP expansion was going to be finalized as the top 8 or 12 with little limitations for the number of participants per conference. So having a OU and UT along with the rest of the SEC would pretty much ensure that there would be a significant disproportionate SEC representation in the new CFP, which prints money with the SEC getting an even larger part of the pie.

A&M pushed things forward by being bitches and with Texas and OU moving to the SEC the new wave of realignment started a bit earlier than planned and caused major shakeups across college football and delayed the CFP expansions and even gave birth the ot the alliance of conferences to attempt to limit, if not counter, the SEC proposal. So now there is major push back from all of the rest of the power conferences and the even some from the G5 that will now vote against any SEC proposed plan which will lead to a more limits on the number of schools per conference, which is hurt the SEC from both a $$ and exposure standpoint.

So once again, fuck those short sighted sheep fuckers

• Hook 'Em 6

32 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Especially after their little temper tantrum has delayed the expanded playoffs and the metric shit ton of cash that the SEC is going to miss out on now that the new version if and when they expand will have provisions limiting the number of schools per conferences now.

Their little hissy fit has conservatively cost the SEC 100s of millions of dollars in potential future earnings.

What exactly did aggy do (I mean besides be whiny bitches)and how did it effect expanding the playoff?

Nevermind, I see you explained it already.  

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

3 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

What exactly did aggy do (I mean besides be whiny bitches)and how did it effect expanding the playoff?

Instead of allowing the process to add Texas/OU to happen behind closed doors, and to basically announce the move in a coordinated fashion at a time and place picked by the conference, they decided to throw a hissy fit and leak it to the media. They leaked the plans hoping to derail the Texas/OU move to the SEC. But, leaking it before the vote to expand the CFP was finalized meant that the other conferences banded together to use the CFP expansion vote as leverage against the SEC becoming more powerful.

• Hook 'Em 6

28 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Ags are small timers that are still thinking in terms of hiding their bagman deals.  Not at all surprising that they don't understand what this move implies.

Baseline pay--only total if offense linemen do nothing else.  They are their own agents so they can work to double and triple it too.  Aggy understands, they just prefer to lie. 

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Who Wants To Be a NILlionaire?
Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

I asked earlier, but would getting Dudley potentially push Trevell out?  I know at one time @closetojumping said to not expect him to end up in the class.

No clue at this point though. That was pre-5-7 season, so, I haven't heard shit since. Not that I recall, at least. 

I think Texas has a long way to go in order to get Dudley, in any event.

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

Baseline pay--only total if offense linemen do nothing else.  They are their own agents so they can work to double and triple it too.  Aggy understands, they just prefer to lie. 

Yes I understand it, but I believe you're overestimating the ags if you think they understand it.  Like I said, they're still thinking in terms of bagman payouts, which you intentionally hide from one recruit when you give it to another, to avoid conflict.

But we're not concerned about that-- AT ALL-- for the reasons you just stated.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Yes I understand it, but I believe you're overestimating the ags if you think they understand it.  Like I said, they're still thinking in terms of bagman payouts, which you intentionally hide from one recruit when you give it to another, to avoid conflict.

But we're not concerned about that-- AT ALL-- for the reasons you just stated.

Let them work themselves up into a frenzy. That's what they always do, and then they wind up doing something stupid (see the leak on UT and ou to the SEC) that ultimately backfires in their faces. Dipshits can't help themselves. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I do wonder if NIL incentivizes schools to start reporting shady bag tactics. If you're operating in a legal way what's the harm in reporting?  

For the next few years MAD will hold the schools (and players) in line to not report.  There may be a breaking point down the line, but right now there's too many current players and coaches with their necks in a noose.

Edited by JBJ

7 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

Let them work themselves up into a frenzy. That's what they always do, and then they wind up doing something stupid (see the leak on UT and ou to the SEC) that ultimately backfires in their faces. Dipshits can't help themselves. 

Billy Beane:  "If your enemies are making mistakes, don't interrupt them."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I asked earlier, but would getting Dudley potentially push Trevell out?  I know at one time @closetojumping said to not expect him to end up in the class.

Seems like a bad idea to rock the boat at a pipeline school this close to signing day. Plus, now you can just pay someone to be a "walk on" if you need a spot

Coaching changes impacting the final four of OL Malik Agbo
BRANDON HUFFMAN 

Spoiler

Coaching changes impacting the final four of OL Malik Agbo
BRANDON HUFFMAN 

Federal Way (Wash.) Todd Beamer offensive lineman Malik Agbo is down to a final four schools of Auburn, Miami, Oklahoma and Texas.

Two of those have undergone coaching changes in the last week, the other two have first year head coaches.

So while Agbo waits to see what happens with Oklahoma's offensive line coach, Bill Bedenbaugh, he is plenty familiar with new Miami head coach Mario Cristobal and offensive line coach Alex Mirabel.

"Those two coaches (Cristobal and Mirabel) would definitely have a positive impact," said Agbo. "My relationship with both of them is pretty good and I don't think them leaving would change."

Still, Texas is the only school that's come in for a visit this month and the Horns are making a big push with him.

"I had coach (Kyle) Flood come up to the school last week and we had a good talk," said Agbo. "He met with me and my parents. Just my mom went with me on my official visit so my pops got to meet him and it was nice and pretty cool. Coach Flood is mostly recruiting me but I talk to Sark (Steve Sarkisian) a lot and PK (Pete Kwiatkowski) hops in every now and then. I visited there for the Oklahoma State game."

Auburn is expected to come visit this week.

"Coach (Bryan) Harsin and coach (Will) Friend have been recruiting me hard," said Agbo. "Coach Friend is supposed to be coming out here."

Agbo visited Auburn for the Mississippi State game last month.

Oklahoma made his final four prior to Lincoln Riley's departure and he visited them in June.

But he hasn't talked with offensive line coach Bill Bedenbaugh since Riley left for USC.

"I've been peeking and trying to get the inside scoop but I'm trying to wait and see what happens there with the offensive line job because I haven't talked to coach Bedenbaugh since it happened," said Agbo.

With four official visits taken, all to his final four, Agbo has one visit left.

But he doesn't anticipate taking that one.

"I have taken four officials but I won't take my last one," said Agbo.

Agbo, instead, is playing basketball and building up to his announcement on Wednesday, December 15th, the first day of the early signing period.

"I've shed a couple of pounds from basketball season and it's been real nice," said Agbo.

The 6-6, 330-pounder will then throw the shot put in the spring for Beamer's track team.

"I'll sign next week and then I'll be a summer enrollee and just hang out with the boys before I leave," said Agbo.

A four-star in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings, Agbo ranks as the No. 21 offensive tackle nationally and the No. 5 prospect in the state of Washington in 2022.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting