Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I think Kelson was somewhat a hybrid but didn’t play all that much. Well, he played a decent amount but less so than Harris, Killebrew and Bobino.

We need a dominant front 4 and playmaking backend, and we can find guys to clean up the middle. That should be our priorities and concerns in recruiting.

Kelson earned his scholarship in the NC game, the way he blanketed Reggie Bush on that wheel route. He was nails. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Our LB talent is better now? That's bold, ha.

I’m talking off the ball guys, if you’re not. I view the Edge guys as front four guys. Harris and Bobino were not particularly fast. Killebrew was a bit out of control quite often. NFL guys had looks at this roster time and again but that group got little run at the next level so what does that tell you.

Now that 2005 group was more experienced both in the system and snap count, which matters. They also didn’t have to worry that the 5 NFL DBs weren’t going to do their job. They probably didn’t worry too much about the NFL front 4 either.

Just now, Had Enough said:

I’m talking off the ball guys, if you’re not. I view the Edge guys as front four guys. Harris and Bobino were not particularly fast. Killebrew was a bit out of control quite often. NFL guys had looks at this roster time and again but that group got little run at the next level so what does that tell you.

Now that 2005 group was more experienced both in the system and snap count, which matters. They also didn’t have to worry that the 5 NFL DBs weren’t going to do their job. They probably didn’t worry too much about the NFL front 4 either.

I hear ya but I don't think we win the MNC with Brockermeyer, Bush and (? lol)

1 minute ago, mwaadeeb said:

I hear ya but I don't think we win the MNC with Brockermeyer, Bush and (? lol)

Yeah but Bush isn’t even playing LB now, and Brock probably gets the edge on Kobie. So yes, he’d be depth at LB until a spin down likely. I don’t doubt we are looking for LBs and certainly at the portal for guys that could make an impact right away

4 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Yeah but Bush isn’t even playing LB now, and Brock probably gets the edge on Kobie. So yes, he’d be depth at LB until a spin down likely. I don’t doubt we are looking for LBs and certainly at the portal for guys that could make an impact right away

I meant Ford not Bush. I'm not bummed about Kobie. I haven't even watched his tape. I just have PTSD from watching our linebackers this year. Most out of position bunch of kooks I've ever seen. I do like Ford and Gbenda's potential. 

Edited by mwaadeeb

Just now, mwaadeeb said:

I meant Ford not Bush. I'm not bummed about Kobie. I haven't even watched his tape. I just have PTSD from watching our linebackers this year. Most out of position bunch of kooks I've ever seen

I get it. We are gonna get LBs. Areas of need are being addressed. 

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I'm just going to assume Ketch has ruined it for us all.

Yellowstone for the suburban dads and Succession for the yuppies is some A+ audience segmentation at least.

I'm a suburban dad and while I took the family to Yellowstone this summer I've never watched a second of the show. 

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

There is NOTHING that will tick the aggroids off more than Ewers committing to us, and 247 then tweaking the rules so that Ewers' full HS recruiting point score is added to our '22 class.

Did it go to OSU last year? If not they actually might. Seems it has to go somewhere.

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm a suburban dad and while I took the family to Yellowstone this summer I've never watched a second of the show. 

Not a suburban dad, but I would recommend this show. The first season was amazing, and everything after that is pretty damn good. If you like Texas and red dirt country you’ll enjoy the sound track. 

Edited by TXRed
Typo

5 minutes ago, Getafix said:

There is NOTHING that will tick the aggroids off more than Ewers committing to us, and 247 then tweaking the rules so that Ewers' full HS recruiting point score is added to our '22 class.

In the defense of 247 it's time transfers are included in rankings to show incoming talent. I'm sure they'll make it separate but it's about that time anyhow 

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

But also helped allow him to rush for 100+ yards and 3 TDs. Actually just rewatched Harris did little on the play to stop the 4th down.

Harris was the #3 tackler on the team followed by Killebrew and Bobino was a few spots down the list.

Harris
Killebrew
Bobino

Interestingly enough they had 10 sacks between them.

We had NFL talent all over the front 4 albeit no stud pass rushers. Our LbBer talent is probably better than 2005. Our front 4 is not so much.

Interestingly enough they had 10 sacks *among* them.  When referring to three parties or more, use “among”.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Getafix said:

They really need to do that. He does still have 4 years of eligibility remaining after all. Do it. Do it 24/7. 

In all reality like the poster above said, it's time for talent rankings that keep track of the current roster. I don't think he should be reclassified again of course, he enrolled and played at Ohio State already. 

But stories about how talented with recruiting 4 and 5 stars Texas was this year is dumb because so many of them were gone. 

Does 247 already have this based on high school recruit ratings? 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Girls exchange:

“You should get a new doctor”

you should get tested for chlamydia you fucking hippie

”I hope you find a therapist who can help you”

I hope you die of ass cancer

youre missing a pretty good show

I thought NCAA already incorporated the Texas BMOC rule in their bylaws.

"If a 5* recruit transfers to Texas before playing a down of football at the university where he originally enrolled at, he shall be included in calculating Texas' recruiting class ranking in the year he transfers provided it catapults Texas' ranking over the other University in the state."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

In all reality like the poster above said, it's time for talent rankings that keep track of the current roster. I don't think he should be reclassified again of course, he enrolled and played at Ohio State already. 

But stories about how talented with recruiting 4 and 5 stars Texas was this year is dumb because so many of them were gone. 

Yep, I don’t know how often they update it though.

https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

10 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Follow up question for those who know how to use the calculator- if you put in his 1.000 what would our rank be?  

Adding klubnik and Campbell gets us to 289ish which is just slightly behind #4 OSU with a couple more recruits. Ewers at 1.000 is rated slightly higher than .9901 Klubnik but you get the idea.

For a while I thought we had a shot at Harris and Stewart as well and that plus ewers would have really been something. But alas, we have Coleman and went 5-7.

Edited by Enchubben
  • Hook 'Em 1

Ketch is a miserable piece of shit, but I have no idea how anyone can expect him to sit on news related to QE. From what I gather, our own players and commits have been doing the same. Are they also pieces of shit? It’s going to be the most high profile portal decision from this year, so the idea that you could keep things a secret in the era of social media seems like a major reach.

The better question is why anyone in the world would pay that fucker a single cent for his “services”.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

Adding klubnik and Campbell gets us to 289ish which is just slightly behind #4 OSU with a couple more recruits. Ewers at 1.000 is rated slightly higher than .9901 Klubnik but you get the idea.

For a while I thought we had a shit at Harris and Stewart as well and this plus ewers would have really been something. But alas, we have Coleman and went 5-7.

Looking Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Klubnik??? WTH is going on here

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

In the defense of 247 it's time transfers are included in rankings to show incoming talent. I'm sure they'll make it separate but it's about that time anyhow 

14 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

The Bru McCoy rule.

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

They really need to do that. He does still have 4 years of eligibility remaining after all. Do it. Do it 24/7. 

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

8 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Follow up question for those who know how to use the calculator- if you put in his 1.000 what would our rank be?  

1.  They have stand alone transfer "team" rankings alongside their transfer portal.  Don't believe anything's incorporated into the overall class score.

image.thumb.png.306d576fb087cf77ddc2d7ae888bf560.png

2.  Bru McCoy hadn't played yet ... not on the team when the season started, anyway.  IIRC.

3.  Wulaw - can't add him to the Texas '22 list in the calculator.  But would likely add fewer than 10 points, because of the dampened incremental adder as class score grows.  (Only adds 6 - 7 points to Ohio State's '21 class, but that would be to their base of around 315.  Would add a few more to our lower base.)

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting