Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Touches upon several of our targets ... 

Three days out: Where Texas A&M stands with its top targets

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

Brian Perroni

We are now just three days away from the Early Signing Period. It begins this coming Wednesday and lasts through Friday. If players do not sign on one of those three days, they must wait until Feb. 2 to be able to do so.

Texas A&M has 21 commitments in the 2022 class at this point and all are expected to ink this coming week. But, the Aggies are also favorites or very high on the lists of a number of other five-star and national top-100 targets.

The dead period starts Sunday night at midnight and Texas A&M just had a number of players on campus for both officials and unofficial visitors over the weekend. Here is where things stand with all the top targets three days out.

-One guy that was on an official over the weekend was Philadelphia (Pa.) Imhotep edge Enai White. Even before the trip, I had the nation’s No. 37 overall prospect as the Crystal Ball prediction I felt best about. And nothing has changed on that front.

White had originally tossed around the idea of committing either Monday or Tuesday of this week, but is now likely going to do it on Wednesday. And I would be really surprised if it was anywhere but A&M.

-Another player that I feel confident on my Crystal Ball prediction with is North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris. I had previously reported that he was down to A&M and LSU. A&M took the lead when Fisher did his in-home last weekend and then things looked even better when now-former LSU cornerbacks coach Corey Raymond went to Florida.

Harris ended up making his way to Aggieland on Sunday for an unofficial visit, which was not something he had necessarily planned. And, even though they were in good shape already, the Aggies felt even better after the visit.

Harris is an early enrollee and had considered the idea of not signing and just enrolling n January if he did not know where he was going to choose just yet. But, he will now announce and sign on Wednesday and A&M is in very good shape there with the nation’s No. 17 overall prospect.

-The other weekend visitor I feel the best about is Atascocita four-star offensive lineman Kam Dewberry. I also expected it to be the Aggies before the weekend, even though he talked about visiting both College Station and Austin. The nation’s No. 91 overall prospect ended up spending the night in Aggieland on Saturday night, though.

Dewberry has an official final three of A&M, Oklahoma and Texas, but this is an in-state battle. The Longhorns got his attention a bit with the OL NIL deal in Austin, but he was already leaning heavily to the Aggies. And A&M will have plenty of NIL opportunities in its own right.

Dewberry will announce his commitment and sign at a ceremony on Wednesday at 3 p.m. Central. And he joins the two above as the guys whose Crystal Balls I feel best about.

-Five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart out of Miami was in town on an unofficial over the weekend. It was big to get him to pay his own way to see College Station once again and also hang out with a bunch of the current commits.

Stewart was considered a very heavy lean to A&M before Mario Cristobal was hired by the Miami Hurricanes. The nation’s No. 9 overall prospect had considered potentially signing early but, after the Cristobal hire, settled on waiting until February to announce and sign.

A&M used the weekend to remind Stewart of why he is so high on the Aggies, and the commits helped a lot as well. But, they are going to have to weather the storm from Miami over the next month and a half. Some of the current commits like where A&M stands but they also all say they aren’t positive what he is going to do.

-Another player that was leaning to A&M even before the weekend is Houston Cy Park five-star linebacker Harold Perkins. Ranked as the No. 5 player in the country and the top prospect in Texas, the two main schools for him are A&M and LSU.

Perkins gets along very well with the Aggie commits and has given the coaches and other recruits good reason to think he ends up in Maroon and White. Those around him this weekend still very much like A&M’s chances.

But, it will be interesting to see if Perkins does indeed sign this coming week. He is going to announce at the Under Armour game on Jan. 2 but has said he will wait to sign until February. But, I think there’s at least a chance he signs Wednesday and asks his school of choice to hold off on publicizing it until after his announcement. A&M would likely prefer that to happen as it would mean LSU could not try to get him on campus again. Because, even if he commits, if Perkins is unsigned, other schools will be all over him until he does officially sign. I still like the Aggies here, though.

-I have heard good things about five-star edge Jihaad Campbell, who A&M is recruiting as a linebacker. The former Clemson commit, who opened things up last week, visited Alabama before his A&M official and those are the two main schools to watch.

A&M feels things went really well with Campbell being blown away by his trip, which is actually still going on as of early Sunday evening. And his family really likes College Station as well. But it could be a dogfight with Alabama heading into Wednesday’s announcement. We hope to have a little more on him soon.

-Other schools have still be working on A&M commits such as Walter Nolen, Evan Stewart and Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy, but I expect all of them to stick with A&M. I also expect cornerback Deyon Bouie to stick as well. If there is one player to potentially worry about, it is running back Le'Veon Moss out of Louisiana. A&M will not feel 100-percent confident there until his NLI arrives. But, as of now, he is at least saying the right things.

-He was not there over the weekend, but I still think it is likely that 247Sports five-star defensive lineman Anthony Lucas out of Arizona ends up an Aggie. Nick Saban and Alabama are the main competition and were in home this past Tuesday. But then Fisher was in-home on Thursday. I won’t discount Alabama but Lucas really likes how he fits in A&M’s defense. And it is a good bet that defensive front looks similar going forward, regardless of whoever the coordinator ends up being.

-We are working to get more info on Kentucky five-star offensive tackle commit Kiyaunta Goodwin. With his final official over the weekend done after a trip to Michigan State, he and his family are going to sit down this week and make a decision. A&M is probably Kentucky’s biggest threat and Fisher and Co. had a very productive in-home last week. Michigan is also a big player, but the Aggies are probably the choice if he does flip.

-There is no new news on Louisiana safety Jacoby Mathews. The former LSU commit is still planning to wait until February to sign and Fisher will use his in-home in January. Mathews was pretty close to making an A&M commitment recently, but he is going to give the new LSU staff a chance after it is finalized.

-Duncanville five-star defensive lineman Omari Abor is going to announce at the Under Armour game. But, I don’t expect A&M to be the pick. It would come as a big surprise to the Aggies as well. Ohio State has made him a priority and is the likely destination.

-To sum all this up, I think A&M ends up with Harold Perkins, Denver Harris, Enai White, Anthony Lucas and Kam Dewberry, though Perkins could wait until February to sign. There is a better than 50/50 chance with Shemar Stewart. And there are about even odds with Kiyaunta Goodwin, Jihaad Campbell and Jacoby Mathews. I don’t expect Omari Abor to be an Aggie.

13 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Players Hayes has done edits for on his Instagram 

Perkins 

Stewart 

Agbo

Greene

Dewberry

Anderson

Campbell

Is this the same one that Stewart posted when he committed to atm, or are these all waiting to be published? If it’s the latter, wouldn’t Anderson and Stewart both be redos?

Edited by Chili dog

33 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Touches upon several of our targets ... 

Brian Perroni

Hide contents

Brian Perroni

We are now just three days away from the Early Signing Period. It begins this coming Wednesday and lasts through Friday. If players do not sign on one of those three days, they must wait until Feb. 2 to be able to do so.

Texas A&M has 21 commitments in the 2022 class at this point and all are expected to ink this coming week. But, the Aggies are also favorites or very high on the lists of a number of other five-star and national top-100 targets.

The dead period starts Sunday night at midnight and Texas A&M just had a number of players on campus for both officials and unofficial visitors over the weekend. Here is where things stand with all the top targets three days out.

-One guy that was on an official over the weekend was Philadelphia (Pa.) Imhotep edge Enai White. Even before the trip, I had the nation’s No. 37 overall prospect as the Crystal Ball prediction I felt best about. And nothing has changed on that front.

White had originally tossed around the idea of committing either Monday or Tuesday of this week, but is now likely going to do it on Wednesday. And I would be really surprised if it was anywhere but A&M.

-Another player that I feel confident on my Crystal Ball prediction with is North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris. I had previously reported that he was down to A&M and LSU. A&M took the lead when Fisher did his in-home last weekend and then things looked even better when now-former LSU cornerbacks coach Corey Raymond went to Florida.

Harris ended up making his way to Aggieland on Sunday for an unofficial visit, which was not something he had necessarily planned. And, even though they were in good shape already, the Aggies felt even better after the visit.

Harris is an early enrollee and had considered the idea of not signing and just enrolling n January if he did not know where he was going to choose just yet. But, he will now announce and sign on Wednesday and A&M is in very good shape there with the nation’s No. 17 overall prospect.

-The other weekend visitor I feel the best about is Atascocita four-star offensive lineman Kam Dewberry. I also expected it to be the Aggies before the weekend, even though he talked about visiting both College Station and Austin. The nation’s No. 91 overall prospect ended up spending the night in Aggieland on Saturday night, though.

Dewberry has an official final three of A&M, Oklahoma and Texas, but this is an in-state battle. The Longhorns got his attention a bit with the OL NIL deal in Austin, but he was already leaning heavily to the Aggies. And A&M will have plenty of NIL opportunities in its own right.

Dewberry will announce his commitment and sign at a ceremony on Wednesday at 3 p.m. Central. And he joins the two above as the guys whose Crystal Balls I feel best about.

-Five-star defensive lineman Shemar Stewart out of Miami was in town on an unofficial over the weekend. It was big to get him to pay his own way to see College Station once again and also hang out with a bunch of the current commits.

Stewart was considered a very heavy lean to A&M before Mario Cristobal was hired by the Miami Hurricanes. The nation’s No. 9 overall prospect had considered potentially signing early but, after the Cristobal hire, settled on waiting until February to announce and sign.

A&M used the weekend to remind Stewart of why he is so high on the Aggies, and the commits helped a lot as well. But, they are going to have to weather the storm from Miami over the next month and a half. Some of the current commits like where A&M stands but they also all say they aren’t positive what he is going to do.

-Another player that was leaning to A&M even before the weekend is Houston Cy Park five-star linebacker Harold Perkins. Ranked as the No. 5 player in the country and the top prospect in Texas, the two main schools for him are A&M and LSU.

Perkins gets along very well with the Aggie commits and has given the coaches and other recruits good reason to think he ends up in Maroon and White. Those around him this weekend still very much like A&M’s chances.

But, it will be interesting to see if Perkins does indeed sign this coming week. He is going to announce at the Under Armour game on Jan. 2 but has said he will wait to sign until February. But, I think there’s at least a chance he signs Wednesday and asks his school of choice to hold off on publicizing it until after his announcement. A&M would likely prefer that to happen as it would mean LSU could not try to get him on campus again. Because, even if he commits, if Perkins is unsigned, other schools will be all over him until he does officially sign. I still like the Aggies here, though.

-I have heard good things about five-star edge Jihaad Campbell, who A&M is recruiting as a linebacker. The former Clemson commit, who opened things up last week, visited Alabama before his A&M official and those are the two main schools to watch.

A&M feels things went really well with Campbell being blown away by his trip, which is actually still going on as of early Sunday evening. And his family really likes College Station as well. But it could be a dogfight with Alabama heading into Wednesday’s announcement. We hope to have a little more on him soon.

-Other schools have still be working on A&M commits such as Walter Nolen, Evan Stewart and Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy, but I expect all of them to stick with A&M. I also expect cornerback Deyon Bouie to stick as well. If there is one player to potentially worry about, it is running back Le'Veon Moss out of Louisiana. A&M will not feel 100-percent confident there until his NLI arrives. But, as of now, he is at least saying the right things.

-He was not there over the weekend, but I still think it is likely that 247Sports five-star defensive lineman Anthony Lucas out of Arizona ends up an Aggie. Nick Saban and Alabama are the main competition and were in home this past Tuesday. But then Fisher was in-home on Thursday. I won’t discount Alabama but Lucas really likes how he fits in A&M’s defense. And it is a good bet that defensive front looks similar going forward, regardless of whoever the coordinator ends up being.

-We are working to get more info on Kentucky five-star offensive tackle commit Kiyaunta Goodwin. With his final official over the weekend done after a trip to Michigan State, he and his family are going to sit down this week and make a decision. A&M is probably Kentucky’s biggest threat and Fisher and Co. had a very productive in-home last week. Michigan is also a big player, but the Aggies are probably the choice if he does flip.

-There is no new news on Louisiana safety Jacoby Mathews. The former LSU commit is still planning to wait until February to sign and Fisher will use his in-home in January. Mathews was pretty close to making an A&M commitment recently, but he is going to give the new LSU staff a chance after it is finalized.

-Duncanville five-star defensive lineman Omari Abor is going to announce at the Under Armour game. But, I don’t expect A&M to be the pick. It would come as a big surprise to the Aggies as well. Ohio State has made him a priority and is the likely destination.

-To sum all this up, I think A&M ends up with Harold Perkins, Denver Harris, Enai White, Anthony Lucas and Kam Dewberry, though Perkins could wait until February to sign. There is a better than 50/50 chance with Shemar Stewart. And there are about even odds with Kiyaunta Goodwin, Jihaad Campbell and Jacoby Mathews. I don’t expect Omari Abor to be an Aggie.

So according to perroni aggy will end up with 11 five stars in this class.   He certainly knows how to sell the subs to his base. 

• Hook 'Em 2

You fuckers debating next year's win total on a recruiting thread in the middle if a windfall week before we've even reached NSD1 are a major buzzkill.  Take it somewhere else and let the rest of us revel in one of the few pleasant moments the program has had in a decade.

No shit. We will have months to postulate meaningless opinions of acceptable win/loss totals. Revel in the moment of a program changing weekend for just a minute.
  • Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

How can you like how you look in a defense with no coordinator?

Love all aggy's recruiting battles with Bama no less, who's preparing for yet another championship run, while aggy figures out their next Defensive Coordinator, along with whatever defensive staff bail.  LOL, they're desperately paying out the ass for players--NIL opportunities in their own rights is admitting they're paying players without NIL deals.  Sneaky fuck is dropping bags while yelling squirrel.     

Really?!?

Card gets his head right or Thompson gets his freaking THUMB right, and we're right there in the mix for the Big 12 championship.

image.thumb.png.396b3390f920a7549750265019a75eb5.png

Right now though, we're wondering if we won't have THREE Heisman candidates next year in Bijan, Xavier & Ewers.  

THREE, mother fuckers.
THREEEEE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really?!?
Card gets his head right or Thompson gets his freaking THUMB right, and we're right there in the mix for the Big 12 championship.

Right now though, we're wondering if we won't have THREE Heisman candidates next year in Bijan, Xavier & Ewers.  
THREE, mother fuckers.
THREEEEE.

Slow down there killer, I wasn’t being serious.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Really?!?

THREE, mother fuckers.
THREEEEE.

Pretty sure the media has already decided it is either Caleb Williams or CJ stroud for next year’s heisman. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

srtx86 - 45 minutes ago

I’m feeling better tonight than I did this am about DH.

“Feeling better” as in running a 103 temp and can’t get out of bed, to 101 and able to get up to vomit…… or “better” as in now being able to out and about to snag a CFS meal? 

fuggit….. it’s a CFS meal in my book

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

So according to perroni aggy will end up with 11 five stars in this class.   He certainly knows how to sell the subs to his base. 

I feel like we’ve seen this movie before. If they get half of the guys he’s saying, that is a hell of a haul. 
Am I the only one suspicious when a kid from Miami “pays their own way” for a visit? Seems like you’re trying to keep the kid out of Miami when Christobal is pushing. 

Texas has stumbled like a drunken degenerate into a goldmine of luck (and hard work in the case of CFC and HwH) in the last couple of weeks for a franchise QB and OL overhaul. 

If you remember what Stewart was saying for months before his commitment, he wanted confidence in the QB he’d be working with and the other players in the offense. If he passes up the chance to play with Quinn Ewers, Bijan Robinson, Xavier Worthy, Kelvin Banks, Devon Campbell and whoever else, that’s entirely on him. We probably could not do any better aside from dropping a million dollars on his doorstep.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Octavian said:

Texas has stumbled like a drunken degenerate into a goldmine of luck (and hard work in the case of CFC and HwH) in the last couple of weeks for a franchise QB and OL overhaul. 

If you remember what Stewart was saying for months before his commitment, he wanted confidence in the QB he’d be working with and the other players in the offense. If he passes up the chance to play with Quinn Ewers, Bijan Robinson, Xavier Worthy, Kelvin Banks, Devon Campbell and whoever else, that’s entirely on him. We probably could not do any better aside from dropping a million dollars on his doorstep.

He is trolling right now. Let him go spend his money on a fabulous townhome overlooking the kroger parking lot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Stewart’s last three Twitter likes:
Maalik Murphy
Lafayette Kaiuway in Texas gear
Video of Armani Winfield

Hate to be the mood killer but Stewart likes everything random about recruiting or football related. 

I wish he would make the flip but I just don’t see it. He actually seems content going there.

• Hook 'Em 3

Hate to be the mood killer but Stewart likes everything random about recruiting or football related. 

I wish he would make the flip but I just don’t see it. He actually seems content going there.
It was always going to be an uphill battle swaying a talented wr once they're sold on playing in Jimbo's offense.

I'm sure the entire recruiting pitch was just watching all 45 seconds of Demas career highlight reel.

$ometime$ their pitch ju$t beat$ your pitch.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting