Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

And Matthews, I didn't even remember the name.  Googled it. And then I remembered why I forgot the name- he's a 5 star from Louisiana.  Which basically never get away.  Has Brian Kelly already been so shitty to the Tigers they aren't dropping bags and/or threatening recruits for him anymore?  Is this really real life? This is a thing that could happen?  Or is the staff just going plaid/irrationally exuberant?

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

And Matthews, I didn't even remember the name.  Googled it. And then I remembered why I forgot the name- he's a 5 star from Louisiana.  Which basically never get away.  Has Brian Kelly already been so shitty to the Tigers they aren't dropping bags and/or threatening recruits for him anymore?  Is this really real life? This is a thing that could happen?  Or is the staff just going plaid/irrationally exuberant?

Matthews just hasn't been that attached to LSU from the start. Sometimes it happens, if rarely.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Matthews just hasn't been that attached to LSU from the start. Sometimes it happens, if rarely.

Who was the DB LSU lost out on to Alabama a few years ago where his mom was so pissed she threatened to not sign his NLI papers?

Googled it, it was Landon Collins and it was in 2012.  Fuck, I'm getting old.

Edited by kevwun
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

FWIW Louisiana had a coaching clinic last week in New Orleans. Heard Kelly spoke and rubbed a lot of the Louisiana coaches the wrong way. 

We’ll see how this progresses 

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Staff shouldn’t count on Brice if he is planning on picking Texas unless he commits and signs and at the same time. Too much of a chance of a change of heart like Koby. 

Why? 

Kobe was always a flip candidate because his dad is a Sooner moron. How is that similar to Brice? 

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Who was the DB LSU lost out on to Alabama a few years ago where his mom was so pissed she threatened to not sign his NLI papers?

Eric Winston getting kicked out of the house by his aggy stepfather was fun as well.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I do this every now and again. It’s painful to realize that it was almost 10 years ago and the guy finished his college and NFL career already. Dang old and whatnot. 

• Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Why? 

Kobe was always a flip candidate because his dad is a Sooner moron. How is that similar to Brice? 

Just because they were both committed for a long time and quickly considered a flip at the end with a coaching change.  No other reason. I think a late Texas OU flip is different than a typical flip.

Just now, stork642 said:

200.gifI think he’s trying too hard.  

3 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Did he fake an accent?

my frat bro is a coach at Neville out of Monroe, he didn’t really go into detail but basically In so many words said he doesn’t really expect Kelly to be able to keep a fence around the state like coaches of old at LSU. . . 

• Hook 'Em 1

For anyone killing time/looking for something other than doing work right now... take a listen to this interview with Hayes Fawcett (recruit commit graphic guy). Guy's only 20yr now, started at 14 doing these.  Up until a couple months ago he didn't have a computer or photoshop, just did everything on his phone, does them for free. You'll have a different take on the releases and the guy behind them... also talks about QE's mullet and his edits, Arch, NIL and more.

free on audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/Hayes-Fawcett-the-man-behind-the-best-recruiting-edits-in-college-football-joins-the-show-Podcast/B096T8JPVM

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Mack is a terrible dancer, but his love for his players and ability to be "loose" are not contrived. Those things are part of why he's a good recruiter.

Brian Kelly is a fraud.

Yeah, the widespread and justified bitterness toward Brown and how he handled his exit doesn't change the fact that he was/is really good at some stuff and that's why he's had success. Obviously he had weaknesses but he cares for his players, they care for him, and that comes through in recruiting and I assume it's part of whatever wizardry he had at getting the best out of kickers in pressure situations. Obviously he had a run of good kickers but even less talented kickers like Ryan Bailey and David Pino drilled huge kicks for him. It was like we couldn't miss in those situations.

Sure it could have just been a run of crazy luck in a small sample size but I've seen better kickers miss too many of those since (not just at Texas but everywhere) to think he had nothing to do with it.

• Hook 'Em 5

36 minutes ago, kevwun said:

And history repeated itself. Two years later her son Gerald Willis committed to Florida over LSU! Her reaction was a bit more muted the second time. 😂

https://youtu.be/yitI2TUZbjs

Edited by Irieguy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

For anyone killing time/looking for something other than doing work right now... take a listen to this interview with Hayes Fawcett (recruit commit graphic guy). Guy's only 20yr now, started at 14 doing these.  Up until a couple months ago he didn't have a computer or photoshop, just did everything on his phone, does them for free. You'll have a different take on the releases and the guy behind them... also talks about QE's mullet and his edits, Arch, NIL and more.

free on audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/Hayes-Fawcett-the-man-behind-the-best-recruiting-edits-in-college-football-joins-the-show-Podcast/B096T8JPVM

@golfclap right? Or is it someone else that has the hatred for him?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting