Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

10 minutes ago, derpyhorndog said:

From the Twitter of a WR at West High School, no idea why he'd have intel on Stewart but figure he falls somewhere in the "porta potty girl to SL weed dealer" part of the credibility spectrum.

stewart.png

Lol man that’s a little kid. Just relax and enjoy the ride

Nervous Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Mack is a terrible dancer, but his love for his players and ability to be "loose" are not contrived. Those things are part of why he's a good recruiter.

Brian Kelly is a fraud.

You shut your mouth.  Mack is an incredible dance, and per someone on here a cocksman supreme in his younger days at FSU (maybe still is)

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yeah, the widespread and justified bitterness toward Brown and how he handled his exit doesn't change the fact that he was/is really good at some stuff and that's why he's had success. Obviously he had weaknesses but he cares for his players, they care for him, and that comes through in recruiting and I assume it's part of whatever wizardry he had at getting the best out of kickers in pressure situations. Obviously he had a run of good kickers but even less talented kickers like Ryan Bailey and David Pino drilled huge kicks for him. It was like we couldn't miss in those situations.

Sure it could have just been a run of crazy luck in a small sample size but I've seen better kickers miss too many of those since (not just at Texas but everywhere) to think he had nothing to do with it.

All of this.  Lots on here throw the baby out with the bathwater with Mack. We had some really good times together. And the bad times that we thought were terrible were better than the bad times for the 3 guys that came before him and the 3 guys that came after him.  Did he squander a chance to go on a massive run? Sort of. Was he unlucky in a macro sense (2008 hosing and 2009 Colt injury)?  Yes.  Was he lucky or skilled in a micros sense? Some of each- that record in close games is just incredible, some of it was him being a damn good game management coach in a lot of ways (when to go for it, when to fake, etc) for most of his tenure here and some of it I'm sure was random luck.  

He went out like a schmuck, but if you can't understand how he thought he earned the right to name his exit on his own terms you aren't being fair to the success he had here.  No man should be bigger than the job here and he felt he was, but it's a thing that I bet a ton of people would feel as well with his level of success.  

I'd trust him with this roster a hell of a lot more than I trust the current staff, even though he couldn't hold a candle to Sark in scheming and play calling- we'd be looking at no worse than 9-3, probably 10-2 and maybe 11-1 with this roster against that schedule.  

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

Quality control at Land Rover isn't the best.  Probably broke down going back to Houston. 

Probably should have went with Lexus.

I had a 2017 Discovery...every plastic piece in the damn car broke/fell off at one time or another.  Oil pan leaked, exhaust system was fucked.  Touch screen never worked.  Literally in the shop all the time...

• Hook 'Em 1

The one in which Nahlin gets out over his skis still high on redemption

Spoiler

On my phone in the middle of nowhere so will keep this very brief.

These are predictions but it also speaks to numbers ahead of national signing day on Wednesday.

Let’s get to it.

QB: Done

RB: Savion Red in, Terrence Gibbs out.

OL: Devon Campbell in, Malik Agbo in, Kam Dewberry out, Neto Umeozulu out.

The staff would love to land one of Debwerry or Neto but that isn’t likely.

WR: Armani Winfield in, Evan Stewart out but dare to dream

TE: None. Maybe someone from the portal

DL: Done

LB: Kobie McKinzie out as of a couple hours ago. The staff will likely make a run at TJ Dudley ahead of NSD2. They should also look to the portal.

DB: Denver Harris in, Terrance Brooks out (fire Coombs you cowards!), Jacoby Mathews in (that’s a shot in the dark), Harold Perkins out (he’s not signing until NSD2), Larry Turner-Gooden out (could easily be in depending on Mathews), Kendrick Law out, Xavion Brice out (maybe in if UT misses on Denver/Brooks).

There is some talk of A&M CB coach leaving for Oregon. That doesn’t really impact Denver Harris a ton. The only CB coach who was a positive needle mover was Corey Raymond. With Denver it’s a win to just be neutral like Terry Joseph is.

34 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Mack is a terrible dancer, but his love for his players and ability to be "loose" are not contrived. Those things are part of why he's a good recruiter.

Brian Kelly is a fraud.

I mean when you have to explain your "execute the entire team" joke, things are not looking good.

Edited by CravenTaters

8 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Hide contents

These are predictions but it also speaks to numbers ahead of national signing day on Wednesday.

Let’s get to it.

LB: Kobie McKinzie out as of a couple hours ago. The staff will likely make a run at TJ Dudley ahead of NSD2. They should also look to the portal.

DB: Denver Harris in, Terrance Brooks out (fire Coombs you cowards!), Jacoby Mathews in (that’s a shot in the dark), Harold Perkins out (he’s not signing until NSD2), Larry Turner-Gooden out (could easily be in depending on Mathews), Kendrick Law out, Xavion Brice out (maybe in if UT misses on Denver/Brooks).

There is some talk of A&M CB coach leaving for Oregon. That doesn’t really impact Denver Harris a ton. The only CB coach who was a positive needle mover was Corey Raymond. With Denver it’s a win to just be neutral like Terry Joseph is.

Nice!  Throw down that fucking gauntlet Nahlin!  @BarbacoaIs it possible Nahlin might know of an alternate source of matching funds that yours?

11 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Reveal hidden contents

Let’s get to it.

Nahlin is a fucktard of the highest order...but it would be oh so nice if he was right on Denver,  And wrong on Neto.

7 minutes ago, mvlonghorns said:

Nahlin really thinks we are getting Harris, huh? We shall see I guess.

This one is a bit odd to me. I get the feeling that he has had so many opportunities to shut the door on Texas, but just cant do it. Doesnt mean he is coming, but that gives me a little hope. 

1 minute ago, Soccer Dudes Dad said:

Nahlin is a fucktard of the highest order...but it would be oh so nice if he was right on Denver,  And wrong on Neto.

Neto deciding to OV to Baylor at the last minute on the day that Flood was scheduled for an in-home doesn't even require reading of leaves, tea or otherwise. He's not coming. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Soccer Dudes Dad said:

Nahlin might be a fucktard but he's not making stuff up here IMO. Even Perroni is hedging on Harris.

If Nahlin calls Banks and Harris correctly he gets to talk his shit because everyone has laughed at him over both these predictions. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

Nahlin might be a fucktard but he's not making stuff up here IMO. Even Perroni is hedging on Harris.

If Nahlin calls Banks and Harris correctly he gets to talk his shit because everyone has laughed at him over both these predictions. 

And i wont argue with his shit talking...  Feel like we need to win as many head to heads with the agroids as we can.

24 minutes ago, Soccer Dudes Dad said:

I had a 2017 Discovery...every plastic piece in the damn car broke/fell off at one time or another.  Oil pan leaked, exhaust system was fucked.  Touch screen never worked.  Literally in the shop all the time...

Landroverhell.com is inactive now and available for purchase

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

Nice!  Throw down that fucking gauntlet Nahlin!  @BarbacoaIs it possible Nahlin might know of an alternate source of matching funds that yours?

Just to be clear, I have no knowledge of non NIL funds in association with DH.

Nahlin has a good relationship with them. I’ve always gotten the impression they’re nice people, and they like Texas. I think there’s a pattern there that they have had a hard time moving on from Texas. 

As I mentioned, I’m not gonna bug these info guys while they’re this busy because I’m not bringing anything to the table. All the usual folks on here will get good info as it becomes available and distributed for consumption, so they’ll let us know what’s going on. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

For anyone killing time/looking for something other than doing work right now... take a listen to this interview with Hayes Fawcett (recruit commit graphic guy). Guy's only 20yr now, started at 14 doing these.  Up until a couple months ago he didn't have a computer or photoshop, just did everything on his phone, does them for free. You'll have a different take on the releases and the guy behind them... also talks about QE's mullet and his edits, Arch, NIL and more.

free on audible: https://www.audible.com/pd/Hayes-Fawcett-the-man-behind-the-best-recruiting-edits-in-college-football-joins-the-show-Podcast/B096T8JPVM

Did he do Ewers' latest edit for committing to Texas? Cause that one was a ton better than the first edit for committing to Texas.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting