Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

51 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The one in which Nahlin gets out over his skis still high on redemption

Hide contents

On my phone in the middle of nowhere so will keep this very brief.

These are predictions but it also speaks to numbers ahead of national signing day on Wednesday.

Let’s get to it.

QB: Done

RB: Savion Red in, Terrence Gibbs out.

OL: Devon Campbell in, Malik Agbo in, Kam Dewberry out, Neto Umeozulu out.

The staff would love to land one of Debwerry or Neto but that isn’t likely.

WR: Armani Winfield in, Evan Stewart out but dare to dream

TE: None. Maybe someone from the portal

DL: Done

LB: Kobie McKinzie out as of a couple hours ago. The staff will likely make a run at TJ Dudley ahead of NSD2. They should also look to the portal.

DB: Denver Harris in, Terrance Brooks out (fire Coombs you cowards!), Jacoby Mathews in (that’s a shot in the dark), Harold Perkins out (he’s not signing until NSD2), Larry Turner-Gooden out (could easily be in depending on Mathews), Kendrick Law out, Xavion Brice out (maybe in if UT misses on Denver/Brooks).

There is some talk of A&M CB coach leaving for Oregon. That doesn’t really impact Denver Harris a ton. The only CB coach who was a positive needle mover was Corey Raymond. With Denver it’s a win to just be neutral like Terry Joseph is.

This class would finish with 28 commits and a score of 296.64.  Would pretty much guarantee a top 5 class.

image.thumb.png.7417bbcd0bc5d888f80e328b4703d48f.png

image.png

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Soccer Dudes Dad said:

I had a 2017 Discovery...every plastic piece in the damn car broke/fell off at one time or another.  Oil pan leaked, exhaust system was fucked.  Touch screen never worked.  Literally in the shop all the time...

There are as many reasons Coleman is still the WR coach at Texas as there are to own a Land Rover.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Check out my new (used) flask that just arrived!

Got it so I could carry something with me on long walks with my dogs at night.

What a great eBay seller.  This thing was overly-packaged like it was a delicate piece of porcelain china.

image.thumb.png.96224fe11cc083e0d1ba19ef1bbe31c1.png

image.thumb.png.9f3e96810eeebfc5ef4fe41c9fb2338c.png

image.thumb.png.710a3480447f60b92b632a40311f0ece.png

pics of Stephanie not loading

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

What a great eBay seller.  This thing was overly-packaged like it was a delicate piece of porcelain china.

She* probably stuck her* dick in it and wanted to preserve the smell.

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter

4 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Bet it would have been much more useful had it come four months earlier.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Pics of this Stephanie. Any chance Stephanie is south Austin's mom? 

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

There are as many reasons Coleman is still the WR coach at Texas as there are to own a Land Rover.

I know it's you, but I genuinely don't get the whining about Coleman still being a coach when we're clearly waiting till after the 15th to make changes. If he's still employed a week from now I'll be with you but it makes no sense now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm fairly certain Nahlin's source on Harris is Theadis Reagins. 

I think it’s Harris’ older brother but that’s just because I’ve figured out Nahlin’s technique is to take out the older brothers and daddies for appletinis at Chili‘s to better infiltrate the family.  

Edited by LCHorn

4 minutes ago, OU Still Sucks said:

If you copy and paste from the address bar and wait a few seconds it will do it automatically. That’s how it works for me, anyway. 

Edited by TXRed
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, texasstrong12 said:

It was and I know Reagins and Nahlin are boys. I'm almost positive that's his source. 

Now does Reagins knows anything is the question? There's definitely a connection. 

Coaches would appear to be second level sources, inferior to the family getting bagged. That's what played out with Banks and the crypto and the first go around with Oregon. This smells like that 2.0.

Just now, Immaculate Vibes said:

Coaches would appear to be second level sources, inferior to the family getting bagged. That's what played out with Banks and the crypto and the first go around with Oregon. This smells like that 2.0.

If you think that coaches don’t know about families getting “bagged” then you’re wrong. 

1 hour ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

The one in which Nahlin gets out over his skis still high on redemption

Hide contents

On my phone in the middle of nowhere so will keep this very brief.

These are predictions but it also speaks to numbers ahead of national signing day on Wednesday.

Let’s get to it.

QB: Done

RB: Savion Red in, Terrence Gibbs out.

OL: Devon Campbell in, Malik Agbo in, Kam Dewberry out, Neto Umeozulu out.

The staff would love to land one of Debwerry or Neto but that isn’t likely.

WR: Armani Winfield in, Evan Stewart out but dare to dream

TE: None. Maybe someone from the portal

DL: Done

LB: Kobie McKinzie out as of a couple hours ago. The staff will likely make a run at TJ Dudley ahead of NSD2. They should also look to the portal.

DB: Denver Harris in, Terrance Brooks out (fire Coombs you cowards!), Jacoby Mathews in (that’s a shot in the dark), Harold Perkins out (he’s not signing until NSD2), Larry Turner-Gooden out (could easily be in depending on Mathews), Kendrick Law out, Xavion Brice out (maybe in if UT misses on Denver/Brooks).

There is some talk of A&M CB coach leaving for Oregon. That doesn’t really impact Denver Harris a ton. The only CB coach who was a positive needle mover was Corey Raymond. With Denver it’s a win to just be neutral like Terry Joseph is.

I was with him all the way up to the DB section.  Even if there is a non-zero chance for Harris and Matthews, I'm not expecting either, and will be happy with what we got, assuming Campbell and Agbo are in as expected.

37 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This class would finish with 28 commits and a score of 296.64.  Would pretty much guarantee a top 5 class.

image.thumb.png.7417bbcd0bc5d888f80e328b4703d48f.png

image.png

Of that group, Blue, Ross, and Robertson are very underrated IMO. Blue was a consensus top 5 RB going into the season but gets punished because he sat out/ wasn’t allowed to play. Ross has lived in backfields the entire season and was named HTC DPOY, and Robertson has been burying opponents all season long.

If Roach sounds cautiously optimistic ... 😎  😎  😎  😎 

Mike at Night: Rumors heating up as Signing Day nears

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Mike at Night: Rumors heating up as Signing Day nears

Mike Roach

— There's a lot of buzz around Denver Harris at the moment. The five-star cornerback from North Shore had a quiet recruitment, but there are quite a few variables coming into play right now. For a long time, the public word was the race would be between Texas and Alabama, but Texas floundered on the field while Alabama never seemed able to sink its teeth in. LSU has always been a threat as well thanks to his relationship with Corey Raymond. Raymond leaving for Florida changes the math for LSU while Elko's departure from Texas A&M could disrupt the Aggie momentum. This morning, I flipped my pick to Texas A&M, but there is enough noise around Texas to consider at the moment. I know where the noise is coming from, but it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't. This recruitment has been as hard to nail down as any I've ever covered, so there's certainly potential for a blind spot there. Behavior tells me Texas A&M is the move right now, but Harris succeeded in keeping things under wraps throughout the entirety of this recruitment. We will keep checking with sources all the way until signing day.

— Texas continues to plug away at four-star Little Elm cornerback Terrance Brooks as well. The staff has given the family a lot to think about, and this one could go down to the end. Brooks will sign Wednesday morning, and there's anticipation that Brooks could be making a decision between Texas and Ohio State when he puts pen to paper. One source last week told me it was close to 50-50 at the time. As of tonight, there is some buzz about Brooks and the Longhorns that is getting stronger. We will monitor over the next day.

— I think Texas lands Arlington Seguin cornerback Xavion Brice if they continue to push flipping him from Oklahoma, but I have to wonder how Brooks and Harris alter that. The numbers at defensive back are starting to get out of whack. Right now there may be more players wanting in than they have room for. The loss of Kobie McKinzie does help free up another scholarship. McKinzie's recruitment is one of the more peculiar ones I've ever seen and we will go into more detail in our behind-the-scenes in February.

— Armani Winfield will be another name to watch down the stretch.  The former Texas commit has been in communication with Texas since right after he decommitted and a source told Horns247 at that time there was some regret there.  Both sides really re-engaged over the last few weeks, and Winfield will get together with his family tonight to talk about a possible decision.  Baylor and Michigan State are the main two schools I'm watching for Winfield against Texas, and he will announce his decision on Wednesday afternoon in a ceremony at his school.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting