Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

55 minutes ago, edwardsr5 said:

Jamarion Miller👀

This is who I'm hoping for as long as it doesn't cause Blue to look around. He's a great back, but Blue is better. Those 2 + Owens will be a force and with Bijan already showing his stuff, it bodes well to get more highly ranked RB's

we used to be RBU, and I want that title back. 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Machinator said:

For those of us who are not as skilled in scouting as others, what exactly makes this guy a project? Usually I hear that about a gifted athlete who had a lot of work to do on their mechanics and timing. This guy is slinging it accurately all over the field with ease. This doesn’t look like a project at all. 

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

For those of us who are not as skilled in scouting as others, what exactly makes this guy a project? Usually I hear that about a gifted athlete who had a lot of work to do on their mechanics and timing. This guy is slinging it accurately all over the field with ease. This doesn’t look like a project at all. 

Lack of on field results and film?

19 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The mental components of playing quarterback when 800 lb lineman are crashing the pocket. He hasn’t played a snap of varsity football, so it’s just assumed he has to a lot to learn. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

The mental components of playing quarterback when 800 lb lineman are crashing the pocket. He hasn’t played a snap of varsity football, so it’s just assumed he has to a lot to learn. 

Just pure reps too. At the same age a guy like Ewers has started and played so many more varsity snaps. Not to mention full seasons of practice as his team’s qb1. 

12 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I’m not sure I’d say he’s a project. It’s more people just aren’t sure what he is yet because he’s played so little. 
He’s been bad in the limited playing time he’s had and he showed a long, inconsistent arm motion with heavy feet. His throwing motion looks a lot better, but he still has heavy feet and you can’t really tell if he’s fixed his throwing motion until he’s had live reps. Footwork also doesn’t matter that much in 7v7 or throwing sessions, but it will show in games when he has to move and reset, throw on the run, etc. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longhornlove said:

Hard to imagine anyone throwing the ball much further. There are limits to what a human body can do without causing damage. Nolan Ryan was a freak of nature when it came to his limits so who knows.

About 90 years ago when my Dad attended a Mizzou game, Jim Thorpe gave a halftime demonstration where he threw the football from goal line to goal line. 

• Hook 'Em 4

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

To be accurate, he has played 6 games of varsity football.  Not much, but he has played.    

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

About 90 years ago when my Dad attended a Mizzou game, Jim Thorpe gave a halftime demonstration where he threw the football from goal line to goal line. 

Afterward, he said, "One day, Michael Huff, Aaron Ross, Michael Griffin, Cedric Griffin, and Tarell Brown will all play in the same defensive backfield."

"I bet that team fucked."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting