Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

26 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

We are doing legally what Alabama has been doing under the table for years. Time for a level playing field. 

Except this time it's the players who will be getting the money, so they can actually choose where they actually want to play.... 

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

38 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure why you are waiting on me, and I was going to keep this to myself but since you tagged me- I’m not seeing how anything would have gone differently had it happened 3 hours earlier. 

now should anyone feel like responding to me, please neg to your hearts’ content-there’s plenty of posts to choose from- or pm me whatever you need to. Just try to refrain from covering this thread in bullshit about me. 

season 3 youre a fucking pussy GIF by Shameless

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

And here comes the coordinated defense:

So the 4 schools he didn't go to didn't do the things they said they'd do if he went there? I can believe he thinks that's noteworthy. 

That entire program is just showing their ass and it's so predictable. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

The only issue is the admin at Texas wants to be seen as the good guy. We're going to be looked at as the evil empire anyways.

Yeah.  I've been reading SEC Rant for a while now, and they fucking hate us.  Most of them for reasons I can't even understand.  Missouri or aggy or the piggies I could understand, but Kentucky?  South Carolina?  What the fuck did we ever do to them?  Hating us is en vogue, so yeah, we may as well lean into it.  I can't wait to stomp those bitches.

• Hook 'Em 3

Yeah.  I've been reading SEC Rant for a while now, and they fucking hate us.  Most of them for reasons I can't even understand.  Missouri or aggy or the piggies I could understand, but Kentucky?  South Carolina?  What the fuck did we ever do to them?  Hating us is en vogue, so yeah, we may as well lean into it.  I can't wait to stomp those bitches.

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Bryce Foster might be a JAG based on what I saw this year so aggy can enjoy him. 

Uh, he played C for the first time in his career as a true freshman. Seriously he never snapped the ball once to a QB in his HS career. And as a true freshman he did pretty well and got better as the year went on...I think all of us saying he was going to suck in college were wrong there. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Jealousy and/or fear are the only explanations. We haven't had the chance to be arrogant yet. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I'll keep saying it, I think the number trends closer to 40 players coming in. I know the numbers and what Sarkisian said and yada yada yada. I still think that. Also, the numbers on exits that folks have heard floating is between 15 and 20, not including senior grads.

This. The number Sark gave has gotten a ton of run, but I don’t think it was meant to be a specific estimate. The 33 figure is right in line with your typical 25 scholarships plus the 7 slots the NCAA is allowing this year to replace players who leave in the portal in the fall. As in if Texas has 7 or more guys leave (narrator: they will), they can take up to 32 for c/o 2022.

They may not get all the way to that limit but if they push past 25 and closer to 30 2022’s - and there are signs they would be willing to with how many guys they’re still pushing for, not that they’ll land everybody but still - they’re not just going to stop at 3 or 5 or however many transfers because they hit the magic 33 Sark he referenced one time, off hand. If the exodus gets into the double digits, which seems likely with a steady stream of portal announcements, they’ll go past that for sure.

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Uh, he played C for the first time in his career as a true freshman. Seriously he never snapped the ball once to a QB in his HS career. And as a true freshman he did pretty well and got better as the year went on...I think all of us saying he was going to suck in college were wrong there. 

I'm going to wait a year or 2 until I write Foster off but he was truly awful this year. He's almost entirely the reason they lost to LSU. He has zero mobility and physicality leaves a lot to be desired. 

Go to the 50:50 timestamp here and watch the center. This is Jaggish level ability and I can find about 10 of these type plays from the LSU game alone. 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TexasRenegade said:

This is so going to go the way of the Longhorn Network and it not being fair to show recruits games on TV......not that I think they will have a leg to stand on or that it will go anywhere, but it will be entertaining to see the arguments made.

You're exactly right. And the money hasn't even been spent yet.

"It's just not fair!" 

spacer.png

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

This is so going to go the way of the Longhorn Network and it not being fair to show recruits games on TV......not that I think they will have a leg to stand on or that it will go anywhere, but it will be entertaining to see the arguments made.

Missouri and A&M should leave the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting