Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

I'm always telling my kids things about the notion of fair, so today has me laughing. 
"Fair is a four letter word."
"Fair is just a feeling."
"Fair is for pig auctions and pie-eating contests."
I thought about Fair Is a Four Letter Word but it doesn't have the scale I like for title changes.
The TAO of NIL-ism...Monkey saw, monkey did

Just now, westexhorn said:

Well Banks dad is liking his comment so whatever the fuck is going on Sark needs to clarify it with the dad.  Be a fucking salesman.

200k over 4 years plus all of the other NIL opportunities and you get to be coached by arguably the best OL coach in college football.  If they are too stupid to see that and instead want to chase a bag by aggy under the table, so be it.  We’re going to be very attractive to a lot of OL recruits regardless of Banks.

2 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Trainer is mad because he ain’t getting a slice of the pie.

I don't think Trainer know the "total" number of the packages when combined and should be clarified for ALL to see.  He's thinking a $50k deal when he knows Banks has been offered much more.  He's not seeing the $150k/yr number or $600k (min) to come to Texas.  $600k is the floor offer.

Adding $600K should be the number that gets floated about, not $50k.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

26 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Banks Dad "liked" this one....

Also by same trainer (not liked)...

Lol. Wait. So are we seeing the handlers freak out in real time over being cut out of the deals?    Best thing about NIL will be that all the money will now go to the players.   

(minus the IRS cut of course 😑)

Edited by ONE YARD
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I don't think Trainer know the "total" number of the packages when combined and should be clarified for ALL to see.  He's thinking a $50k deal when he knows Banks has been offered much more.  He's not seeing the $150k/yr number or $600k (min) to come to Texas.  $600k is the floor offer.

Adding $600K should be the number that gets floated about, not $50k.

Perhaps the trainer is referencing the time value of money. You know a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow. I’m sure that’s what he’s concerned about…

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

People will bitch about anything, only school right now offering 150k a year legally to offensive lineman to play college football and with a full scholarship and throwing out low ball comments.  Ahh ok 🙄.  

Pissed because they can't get "their cut". The bag game is dying before our eyes. Let's Deathstar this mother fucker.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, TXRed said:

Need Vince, Colt, and Sam to reach out to Quinn like this. 

I had two finals on Friday and have five this week, I should be studying but I can’t get off this recruiting board because the last four days has been fucking nuts. 

Go study so you can donate to Burnt Ends when you graduate.  Not 30 years later like me. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, TexMexBuddha said:
5 hours ago, closetojumping said:
I'm always telling my kids things about the notion of fair, so today has me laughing. 
"Fair is a four letter word."
"Fair is just a feeling."
"Fair is for pig auctions and pie-eating contests."
I thought about Fair Is a Four Letter Word but it doesn't have the scale I like for title changes.

The TAO of NIL-ism...Monkey saw, monkey did

User name fits

3 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

Nahlin: "I feel decent, but not great on Quinn. I think the more distance between his Tech visit and final decision, the better for Texas."

Yeah.  We've all experienced that high that comes from being in Lubbock.  Put a little time between him and the visit and maybe the euphoria will wear off.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting