Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If you get creative and include Ewers, who was worth 30 points to Ohio State last year (He wouldn't be worth 30 to us because he'd be the 2nd QB take in the class), you are conceivably looking at what would for all intents and purposes be the top class in the country, and one of the top classes ever, I believe. 

His incremental 247/point value would still be 10 - 12 points ... 

Just now, Bevo14 said:

I added all his dudes and threw in the current no 1 player, some kid committed to FSU. It would move us up to 302, which would be 3rd place this year. Would be a huge class for us though given the talent at our biggest need positions.

I went a step further and added the Brock’s + Waddle transferring and it moved us to 2nd.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, J.Peterman said:

I don't think Ewers should be counted in recruiting rankings for us if he did come here.  But for giggles I wish that he did, because I remember aggie fanbase losing their mind when we got credit for Bru in the final rankings.

This is absolutely why we would count him. And we will not back down from counting him.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cronkhill said:

+ OL Greene, if only for the full spectrum?

There’s a DL we were on for a minute named Orange, too. Offer him Ewers money lfg

edit goddamnit I need to stop quoting shit before I read the full thread

Edited by Sarks Personal Bartender
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

You sure? I think they're going to be competing for the chance to redshirt. They're gonna start taking dives in training camp. "Coach, what's a first down? I'm gonna need some more time to learn how this foolsball thing works. Guess I need to redshirt!"

No kidding. Upgrades to one's F-250 don't pay for themselves.

1 hour ago, Junior Bonner said:

Aggies and others saying our NIL programs reek of desperation... 

Got damn right they do. I'm fucking desperate and I'm ecstatic we are doing something desperate. It's about damn time.

And yet they still pay players under the table.  They've been desperate for generations.  They outbid Texas for a WR and Texas throws their money on top of the table and they clutch their pearls.  Even when they beat Bama, they're mid tier.  Wanna know why?  Because that's where they've always been. It's not just history, it's their DNA. Doesn't matter who writes their narrative (poolboy or Johnny Football's tip), their championship year is always a year away. Calling out others for doing what they do under the table is saying, hey, they're outbidding us legally because they're desperate.  They're disingenuous, desperate and always, stupid.          

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Wanna know why?  Because that's where they've always been. It's not just history, it's their DNA.

That's because at Fish Camp (or even before for unfortunate kids who grow up in Aggie families) the tiny dick syndrome is ingrained in them. "Little tee-yew" and hating the color orange and all that bullshit. They are absorbed into the collective. It is so fucking weird.

At my freshman orientation at UT (early 90s), the aggies were barely even mentioned. There was certainly no significant time spent on them, and that was in the middle of their only stretch of dominating us in the series. They were cheating, of course. 

To this day, if some random aggie walks up and runs his mouth because I am wearing a Texas hat or shirt, I just give them a "Who the fuck pulled your string?" look and keep on moving. Pigs and mud and all that.

• Hook 'Em 2

Tuesday update on Kelvin Banks

Brian Perroni

Spoiler

Brian Perroni

Well, this one could end up lasting a bit longer. Even with the change, Banks had wanted to sign early still. But, there is a growing chance that he decides to push it back and not sign until February.

Texas is in a good spot now but A&M is working to counter that and is doing a good job with it. As of now, the plan is likely for Jimbo Fisher to wait until January to do his in-home visit with Banks. And, with the five-star tackle being a huge priority, Fisher is definitely going to do an in-home. So A&M would not push it back if they didn't feel pretty confident that this will not stretch out until February. There's always the chance the Aggies get word that he will sign next week and schedule Fisher's in-home for later this week/weekend, but that is not in the plans at the moment.

A&M is also at least trying to get him to town for the big unofficial visit weekend in College Station. Banks has not made plans as of now to go anywhere yet yet, though.

I also checked on the reports that Nick Saban was supposed to be by Summer Creek today and was told he is on the West Coast and in Arizona today. The only coach that has been to the school so far today is the Oklahoma State OL coach. Banks had Josh Henson in over the weekend and I would expect Henson to be back by again this week.

1 minute ago, Getafix said:

Brian Perroni

Hide contents

Brian Perroni

Well, this one could end up lasting a bit longer. Even with the change, Banks had wanted to sign early still. But, there is a growing chance that he decides to push it back and not sign until February.

Texas is in a good spot now but A&M is working to counter that and is doing a good job with it. As of now, the plan is likely for Jimbo Fisher to wait until January to do his in-home visit with Banks. And, with the five-star tackle being a huge priority, Fisher is definitely going to do an in-home. So A&M would not push it back if they didn't feel pretty confident that this will not stretch out until February. There's always the chance the Aggies get word that he will sign next week and schedule Fisher's in-home for later this week/weekend, but that is not in the plans at the moment.

A&M is also at least trying to get him to town for the big unofficial visit weekend in College Station. Banks has not made plans as of now to go anywhere yet yet, though.

I also checked on the reports that Nick Saban was supposed to be by Summer Creek today and was told he is on the West Coast and in Arizona today. The only coach that has been to the school so far today is the Oklahoma State OL coach. Banks had Josh Henson in over the weekend and I would expect Henson to be back by again this week.

Crap, Sark and Flood need to close this one out. Don’t let it get past next week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Brian Perroni

Reveal hidden contents

Brian Perroni

That would suck.  Lets go ahead and get him signed on NSD1 so we don't need to worry about it.

Banks pushing his decision past early signing day allows for A&M to get their ducks in a row NIL wise even though they supposedly aren't scared of what we are doing. I'm sure that's what they are telling him.

Jimbo knows. He ain't dumb despite how he looks sometimes.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Rage+1 1

Banks pushing his decision past early signing day allows for A&M to get their ducks in a row NIL wise even though they supposedly aren't scared of what we are doing. I'm sure that's what they are telling him.
Jimbo knows. He ain't dumb despite how he looks sometimes.

“We don’t talk about our NIL”.
“Our NIL is super awesome and effective”.
“TU is desperate talking about their NIL”.
“Look at our new NIL!”
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Getafix said:

Brian Perroni

Reveal hidden contents

Brian Perroni

Shocking

I doubt he's laundering drug money. I've seen ozark, and I knew Ketchum, and that gelatinous cube would have been dead inside the first 2 months because he'd have tried to embezzle the drug money for himself and they'd catch him immediately. Because believe or not, shoving bands of bills into the rolls of his fat isn't the best way to steal money from a cartel. 

Sounds like someone needs to send FGK a new business plan!!!!

14 hours ago, Sarks Personal Bartender said:

This ugly motherfucker literally peddled sunflower seeds two posts later.

But he can only do it on Twitter because he’s too fucking ugly to be an IG thot.

One of my favorite recruits I ever covered. Dude is fun. Don't care he plays for A&M, I'll cheer for him.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting