Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

What the heck happened with LTG's recruitment? He had a 5-star offer list a year ago but now he's being recruited like a high 3 star (Colorado, Maryland, etc).

I'm not looking to dampen anyone's excitement if Hyphen comes to Texas, but there are questions around size, speed and agility. He's not elite in any of those regards. Like I said, I'm not trying to run him over and I'll toast his choice if he picks Texas along with you guys, but you asked and that's what's been said out there.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

My nephew will get brought up on a recruiting board here in the coming years. He is being recruited by everyone in the country from the bottom (aggie) to top ivy league schools. He is being thorough and is visiting the shit out of every school that will have him. It is an experience he wants to enjoy. Yall don't get it and I don't get it but it is par for the course. I send his mom every NIL deal Texas has, but he still wants to play the game. Chill.

The chicks alone would have me playing the game when I was that age.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I'm not looking to dampen anyone's excitement if Hyphen comes to Texas, but there are questions around size, speed and agility. He's not elite in any of those regards. Like I said, I'm not trying to run him over and I'll toast his choice if he picks Texas along with you guys, but you asked and that's what's been said out there.

He seems like a LB to me, not that I know anything.  Maybe they’re looking at him for one of those hybrid roles. 

1 minute ago, stork642 said:

You don’t happen to sell fishing lures do ya?

No.

Wrong sport for this topic anyways.  I was just trying to point out that kids will take their visits and soak it up. Fan(atics) should just take it down a notch and let it play out on these FB recruits. HWH and others have laid the runway for them to land on, they will land. 

I will stfu donny....

38 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

My nephew will get brought up on a recruiting board here in the coming years. He is being recruited by everyone in the country from the bottom (aggie) to top ivy league schools. He is being thorough and is visiting the shit out of every school that will have him. It is an experience he wants to enjoy. Yall don't get it and I don't get it but it is par for the course. I send his mom every NIL deal Texas has, but he still wants to play the game. Chill.

There's always an uncle

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

One of the finest speeches in movie history and True to the capital T in life and capitalism. It's terribly overlooked because of the awesome and well-known Gordon Gekko "Greed, for lack of a better word, is good" speech from Wall Street that covers the same terrain around the same time of "Other People's Money" being released. 

true fact - the "greed is good" speech was lifted wholesale from a speech t boone pickens gave to the Amarillo rotary club. My Dad was there when it happened, and had the weirdest deja Vu when he saw the movie 

the speech in Other People's Money is infinitely superior in every way

5 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

No.

Wrong sport for this topic anyways.  I was just trying to point out that kids will take their visits and soak it up. Fan(atics) should just take it down a notch and let it play out on these FB recruits. HWH and others have laid the runway for them to land on, they will land. 

I will stfu donny....

It was a reference to the grandfather in the movie Johnny Be Good.  

7 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

At my freshman orientation at UT (early 90s), the aggies were barely even mentioned. There was certainly no significant time spent on them, and that was in the middle of their only stretch of dominating us in the series. They were cheating, of course. 

Damn, we attended UT together.  It was a magical time, aside from the football part.

• Hook 'Em 1

Except you're completely forgetting about the transfer portal. Well and also you're completely misusing the term moneyball.

In pros, free agency is a thing (like the portal), bad coaches sink franchises in football. I reject the notion that coaches are expendable in football and that BMDs and ADs can use some sort of financial calculus to ensure wins. The schools that undermine coaches will do so at their own peril.

The Tom Herman era would have been worse with the portal as he and his coaches were repellant.

Crowded depth charts also repel transfers and recruits. Good coaches can keep backups engaged and continue development.

Anytime you think coaches are not going to be important, just imagine Tom Herman and Charlie Strong managing these complicated personnel moves.

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Gooners sure as shit getting serious about S&C by taking back their guys from aggy (Schmidt & Dennison).

Your fuckin' move Sark...  🤬

Wonder how forcing guys to lick up their puke from the mat will play with Lincoln's guys (at least those that are left).  I'm guessing Lincoln ran things a tad more player friendly.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Does he have “give a fuck” because we could use some of that right now.

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting