Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

7 minutes ago, RaysBoomBoomRoom said:

Ok LFG. Dewberry and Banks would be unreal. Adding Campbell too would be a dream. All after a 5-7 year. We’ve been saying it forever but a freaking 10 win season or conference championship would absolutely yield a top 3 class. 

10 win season is some stupid shit Mack Brown came up with. We need a CC or at the very least an 11 win season regularly. 10 wins next year, sure. But the 10 win bs he sold fans is long gone. Bowl eligible teams are playing 13-14 games. 10 is nothing, unless you're Jimbo who can't get there no matter who he signs at aggy. 

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

"We don't follow any recruitment..." Aw man @RGBIII you liiiiiiiiiiiied your ass off. Don't follow recruiting... he says in a video he posts to the recruiting thread. :D 

Well done. WELL DONE!

Zero lies, my intention was “we do not follow the recruiting impact of Horns with Heart”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I just don't see it as an apples to apples comparison. There are numerous complicating elements to the money around university sports versus the pros. If a fanbase has a choice to overpay a foundering coach and his staff an additional kicker in an extension versus paying for a position group on one of the teams, the latter beats the former if it's an either or choice. If you want to compare something like that more accurately in the pros, I'll argue that choosing to let a LB free agent walk because more resources had to be allocated to keep the star CB is more apt. 

Agreed. And also, with college coaches, their salary is based on "what do I have to pay you in order to keep you from leaving and going to USC/LSU?" , versus NFL contracts that prevent coaches from changing teams.

4 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Despite his amazing name, his athleticism doesn't exactly pop on film.  Normally, I'm on board for the name alone, but we need too much successful roster turnover this year.  I hope we have higher ceiling options prioritized before him.

Yeah having much better success with accurate player evaluations in this 2022 Recruiting Class + Transfers is critical for Sark and his staff...  

giphy.gif

I'm not looking to dampen anyone's excitement if Hyphen comes to Texas, but there are questions around size, speed and agility. He's not elite in any of those regards. Like I said, I'm not trying to run him over and I'll toast his choice if he picks Texas along with you guys, but you asked and that's what's been said out there.

IIRC, he has long ass arms, which isn’t as useful as speed, but it’s not nothing 

I think the hope here is football IQ/instincts make up for measurables and he’s Jalen Catalon; safety is one of the positions where you can overcome measurables to still be a plus player

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

IIRC, he has long ass arms, which isn’t as useful as speed, but it’s not nothing 

I think the hope here is football IQ/instincts make up for measurables and he’s Jalen Catalon; safety is one of the positions where you can overcome measurables to still be a plus player

Unless if your physical limitations are on the level of a Leon O'neal, of course

• Drool 1

I'm not looking to dampen anyone's excitement if Hyphen comes to Texas, but there are questions around size, speed and agility. He's not elite in any of those regards. Like I said, I'm not trying to run him over and I'll toast his choice if he picks Texas along with you guys, but you asked and that's what's been said out there.

We’re bound to hit on a guy with “instincts” one of these days. Here’s hoping…

11 minutes ago, Fud said:

Ignore what I wrote above. Fud is better than me. 

8 hours ago, texifornia said:

Also this was two days ago. Wonder if Napier cut him loose or what.

Pulling off some FL boards--

It was same day Napier actually met in person with him. Apparently Napier has been telling the recruits they need to wait until Feb to sign to give the new staff more time to evaluate things.  Other commits leaving as well...  Add on top apparently the new staff has been pretty quiet and non-communicative with the players.

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It was same day Napier actually met in person with him. Apparently Napier has been telling the recruits they need to wait until Feb to sign to give the new staff more time to evaluate things.  Other commits leaving as well...  Add on top apparently the new staff has been pretty quiet and non-communicative with the players.

That's a bold move..... Let's see how it works out for them. 

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Evers also threw about a billion picks in the playoffs so...

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

So new staff is asking the committed players to take all the risk. Smart move to decommit and find somewhere that will take your signature next week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So new staff is asking the committed players to take all the risk. Smart move to decommit and find somewhere that will take your signature next week.

yeah... here's Napier talking about his philosophy... not bad in and of itself, but for the already committed kids in this situation it's just wrong..

• Haha 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting