Incarnate Word @ Texas - 6:30 on LHN

Horny Bull

We had a 2 run hr brought back, Campbell hit a hard line drive close enough to the fight fielder to get caught, Melendez did likewise.  On top of the 12 hits. All the PAs weren’t stellar, but plenty were. Just weren’t finding holes with guys in scoring position. 

not to mention tapping an unknown quantity to start, who was the only pitcher that had nothing. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

The remaining players got their second shot delayed by design?  So 95% of them had it done, and 5% delayed, by design?  Were we planning on playing 2 guys tonight against their 9?  I kid.  Glad they got their shots, hope it's an inspiration to dumbass holdouts around Longhorn Nation.  Glad we got the win.  Hope they get the day off tomorrow to complete their recovery (it can be 48+ hours for even the healthiest of adults).  Shit's about to get real on Friday night.  

Go Horns.  Fuck Covid.  Go Texas.  Fuck Tech.  

55 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Maybe someone listening on the radio can confirm, but apparently the team got their second vaccine shots yesterday. Could explain some sluggishness.

I heard this on the radio after the game in Craig Way’s interview with Pierce

Edited by Hammerin Hank
guess I should read the rest of the thread before posting 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

A year at home and a legit product on the field will do that. Can’t wait to see the atmosphere around the Disch this weekend 

Will be there early and slightly buzzed to root for the Longhorns to stomp the Raiders. Let’s do this thang!

🤘🏼🤬🤘🏼

Edited by Droopy
Reasons

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Biggest issue is that Eckhardt hasn't shown himself to be a viable midweek starter.

Only a few of those games left, so it's not that big of an issue, I guess.

Yep. Start Kub against the 4 seed, Madden in the winners bracket then Stevens and if we have an off night, finish em off with Hansen 

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

Guess I wasn't watching closely enough. According to Pierce he still isn't fully recovered and still has a hobble. It's a knee contusion.

Stehly pinch ran for Williams after he singled.  Caught my attention because the score was either tied or 4-3 at the time.  Somebody saw something ... hope it was precautionary.

5 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Stehly pinch ran for Williams after he singled.  Caught my attention because the score was either tied or 4-3 at the time.  Somebody saw something ... hope it was precautionary.

I could have sworn they said that was the plan if he got on base and it was earlier than 4-3.  Box shows he only had 2 AB and Stehly had 2AB, so 3rd or 4th I think.