Du’Vonta Lampkin,

Leanderman

9 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

I realize that people get apartments, condos, and townhouses mixed up all the time, but fuck is some asshole out there really airbnb'ing an apartment?.......talk about shady as fuck

and being a dumb ass does not mean you deserve to die, but I guess it can make it easier

3 hours ago, Hermanator said:

People rent places to stage drug deals. Not saying that's what happened but can't rule that out. Kind of weird they made no mention of a break in or evidence of a break in. If that's the case whoever shot him was let in. 

Shortly after I posted, I saw airbnb is banning rentals for house parties.  Probably same difference.

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

I realize that people get apartments, condos, and townhouses mixed up all the time, but fuck is some asshole out there really airbnb'ing an apartment?.......talk about shady as fuck

and being a dumb ass does not mean you deserve to die, but I guess it can make it easier

Do you airbnb often?  There are tons of apartments for rent on that site.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Do you airbnb often?  There are tons of apartments for rent on that site.

I illegally AirBnB'd an apt (Hyde Park) here Austin. Risky, but I knew the property management company was not monitoring things. Used the profit for a downpayment on my current north Austin house in 2019.

Edited by Blackcat00
  • Hook 'Em 2

RIP Lampkin.  Guess it was already posted but still seems a lot is left out. 

Former Tennessee Titans defensive lineman Du’Vonta Lampkin has died after being discovered with a single gunshot wound on May 5, the Dallas Police Department announced. He was only 25.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-titans-dl-du-vonta-123052467.html

Edited by Mdhorn

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’m not going to mock the guy, but he was clearly an absolute moron. Not at all surprised he died so young. Morons do that. Dude had no integrity whatsoever. 

One question is why the dude had a backpack full of money.

• Hook 'Em 1

CSB (cool story bi'atch)...in 2015 for the Orange and White game I sat in front of his mother and grandmother. Nice enough ladies.  I got the sense from just talking to them a bit that they were less interested in him playing much on the college level (or in his education) and more about him going pro for the money. We chatted for a bit more than an hour. It was a scorching hot day--I gave them my program to use as a fan. Sad all around. I remember when the thread started on him going to OU and thinking that it wasn't a huge surprise at all. Lots of pressure on him to be the bread winner. RIP. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

CSB (cool story bi'atch)...in 2015 for the Orange and White game I sat in front of his mother and grandmother. Nice enough ladies.  I got the sense from just talking to them a bit that they were less interested in him playing much on the college level (or in his education) and more about him going pro for the money. We chatted for a bit more than an hour. It was a scorching hot day--I gave them my program to use as a fan. Sad all around. I remember when the thread started on him going to OU and thinking that it wasn't a huge surprise at all. Lots of pressure on him to be the bread winner. RIP. 

The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men...

Edited by mininghorn88
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:09 AM, TwiceHorn said:

One question is why the dude had a backpack full of money.

Yup.

"Garcia was seen running back to the stairwell with Lampkin’s backpack, which “was known to be full of money,” according to the affidavit."

Seriously yo.  Biggie laid it down for us, but I guess Lampkin couldn't follow the rules.  I mean, it's THE VERY FIRST CRACK COMMANDMENT.  The first damn one.

Rule Number Uno, never let no one know
How much dough you hold cause you know
The cheddar breed jealousy 'specially
If that man fucked up, get yo' ass stuck up

• Hook 'Em 4

On 7/19/2022 at 7:42 PM, Nope said:

Shady details, yes, but I agree, it's extremely sad. We joke about what an idiot that guy was, but he didn't deserve to be killed by his "friend". 

Really sad. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Shady details, yes, but I agree, it's extremely sad. We joke about what an idiot that guy was, but he didn't deserve to be killed by his "friend". 

Really sad. 

And for that matter, his "friend" was even dumber to do it all in front of security cameras like that. 

2 hours ago, Shaggy3.0 said:

Yup.

"Garcia was seen running back to the stairwell with Lampkin’s backpack, which “was known to be full of money,” according to the affidavit."

Seriously yo.  Biggie laid it down for us, but I guess Lampkin couldn't follow the rules.  I mean, it's THE VERY FIRST CRACK COMMANDMENT.  The first damn one.

Rule Number Uno, never let no one know
How much dough you hold cause you know
The cheddar breed jealousy 'specially
If that man fucked up, get yo' ass stuck up

Speaking of Biggie:

"Damn, n****s wanna stick me for my paper!"