Digital Horse Racing (ZED & NFTs)

Nice Guy Eddie

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Dumb question but how do you get access to Surly discord? I have a discord account but never looked into Surly and I only get an error when attempting to join from the surly home page.

may have to be a treefiddy member.  not sure on that

I posted in the discord, but i'm getting in on this.  played the D&B game all the time and some other racing sim aps.  

got my old coinbase pro login i had not touched since 2018 and had some ETH in there.  went through all the crap to convert it to WETH in the zed site, so hopefully can snag a horse or two.

I got the email at 3:15.  I was able to log in but I can't see the marketplace.  I wasn't going to buy anything anyway, I think I am better off in a group and I can see why so many people are pissed.  It's crazy that some people are paying $20,000 on a site that may or may not be there tomorrow.

Just now, PhillyD said:

I got the email at 3:15.  I was able to log in but I can't see the marketplace.  I wasn't going to buy anything anyway, I think I am better off in a group and I can see why so many people are pissed.  It's crazy that some people are paying $20,000 on a site that may or may not be there tomorrow.

no kidding... but... if that site is around 1 year from now that $20k horse will likely be over $100k on breeding alone

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

no kidding... but... if that site is around 1 year from now that $20k horse will likely be over $100k on breeding alone

Did not receive an email yet. Had you done anything beyond just creating an account?

26 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

may have to be a treefiddy member.  not sure on that

I posted in the discord, but i'm getting in on this.  played the D&B game all the time and some other racing sim aps.  

got my old coinbase pro login i had not touched since 2018 and had some ETH in there.  went through all the crap to convert it to WETH in the zed site, so hopefully can snag a horse or two.

I was wondering if discord was a benefit of a treefiddy subscription. 

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

people saying Z1s are going for 40K now, Z2 20K.... I'm out... not that I was ever in on those..

From a racing standpoint, I think the better price points are a Z3-Z6. Previous drops had a heavy drop in prices after Z2. But for racing, there are plenty of Z4 horses that are better than Z1. Its a crapshoot.  But breeding creates a big demand for Z1 or Z2.

FYI, a non-genesis horse adds the Z#s from its parents. Two Z1 parents create a Z2 horse.  A Z1 and Z5 parents create a Z6.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

From a racing standpoint, I think the better price points are a Z3-Z6. Previous drops had a heavy drop in prices after Z2. But for racing, there are plenty of Z4 horses that are better than Z1. Its a crapshoot.  But breeding creates a big demand for Z1 or Z2.

FYI, a non-genesis horse adds the Z#s from its parents. Two Z1 parents create a Z2 horse.  A Z1 and Z5 parents create a Z6.

do we get to watch the digital horses breed?  if so, i'm out.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I can join. I should support Surly more especially if I'm wasting money on digital ponies. But I would like to ensure that gets me access to Discord before I join.

I'm pretty sure that's correct but maybe get @immamac to confirm

Re: discord - I read on the Can you do this better board just now a immamac post from way back confirming that you had to be a tree fiddy member. So I just added the membership, but still no access. @immamac probably needs to provision new members or something. No hurry. If you could just get it done by the Baymont Oaks Race #6 post time that would be swell. I think Nice Guy Eddie has that one set to go off at 4:03 EST. Thanks. 

fyi- once the link comes you clicked and gave you count down timer to when it begins

then page with blank horses came up for like another 3-4 minutes before they started filling in. At that point "finding" anything was a waste as they would move up and down constantly. Clicking on one would give you another.

I was looking to get a Z7 but never saw a single one.  I may or may not have bought a Z9... it's very confusing as to if I bought or if someone else bought.

Most times clicking buy and getting to pay would return, sorry horse already bought by someone message.

Last one just giving me a "Already purchased" message (different, but don't know if means I got it)... will know in 30 mins or so hopefully

I received my invite for 3:15.  When I follow the link now, its asking to confirm my email and they're not sending me a confirmation email. I would hate to miss out on a "cheap" horse because of lack of confirmation.

I guess we have to remember that some of these NFT companies are less than 10 people and the demand is 100K people. They miss the mark from time to time.

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I received my invite for 3:15.  When I follow the link now, its asking to confirm my email and they're not sending me a confirmation email. I would hate to miss out on a "cheap" horse because of lack of confirmation.

I guess we have to remember that some of these NFT companies are less than 10 people and the demand is 100K people. They miss the mark from time to time.

I had had the "confirm email" as well, just ignored and worked...

Also when you buy one apparently does time you out for another 5-15mins before allowing to buy again as more horses just started popping in as available

44 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Re: discord - I read on the Can you do this better board just now a immamac post from way back confirming that you had to be a tree fiddy member. So I just added the membership, but still no access. @immamac probably needs to provision new members or something. No hurry. If you could just get it done by the Baymont Oaks Race #6 post time that would be swell. I think Nice Guy Eddie has that one set to go off at 4:03 EST. Thanks. 

you haven't linked a discord account at all in the admin area. 

36 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

same... colossal waste of time.  I know the load was immense, but the execution of Zed's part was pretty pathetic as to how things operated

I think I clicked on 50 horses that were shown as for-sale. But then I get to the last step and they're sold.  But the horse remains on the for-sale page for the next 10 minutes.

What sucks is that most of the buyers are just going to flip them on the marketplace for a quick buck. I was looking for a decent horse to anchor our stable. Maybe produce new horses.

I know Top Shot got hit hard by bots that are faster than any person can be.  It wouldn't surprise me if Zed wasn't prepared for that. My understanding is that some drops had horses listed for days,

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I think I clicked on 50 horses that were shown as for-sale. But then I get to the last step and they're sold.  But the horse remains on the for-sale page for the next 10 minutes.

What sucks is that most of the buyers are just going to flip them on the marketplace for a quick buck. I was looking for a decent horse to anchor our stable. Maybe produce new horses.

Still no email for me but If I get any luck in the next drop I will try and get a filly

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know Top Shot got hit hard by bots that are faster than any person can be.  It wouldn't surprise me if Zed wasn't prepared for that. My understanding is that some drops had horses listed for days,

yeah the appeared to change the logic on the fly. When I first started the horses were flying all over and you wouldn't even get the metamask popup, would say already sold and then horse would disappear from page. Then somewhere along the way the horse just never left and you were stuck trying to click on and process hundreds of horses that had already been purchased.

Just gave me lots of time to wonder to what level this outfit is on the up and up (not completely on how they handled the drop). Far as I know they aren't regulated so there wouldn't be anything against them holding horses to see on secondary market or even rigging races, etc.  When horses were 1K or less wasn't as big deal, but now potential is certainly very large. 

I really don't know how they even allowed people to buy more than one horse (or how they even did, but people did).  They should want more people, not less.

TLDR:  ranting, I didn't get spend hundreds of dollars on a virtual horse...

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Just gave me lots of time to wonder to what level this outfit is on the up and up (not completely on how they handled the drop). Far as I know they aren't regulated so there wouldn't be anything against them holding horses to see on secondary market or even rigging races, etc.  When horses were 1K or less wasn't as big deal, but now potential is certainly very large. 

Everyone assumed the poker sites were fair until they discovered that insiders for some sites could see the cards of the other players. It's possible these guys are directing horses to themselves, or friends. Not to mention that they could give their own horses a slight edge that pays off in the long run. 

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wouldn't sweat it. I believe this is only the 1st half of sales. The next one is later tonight.

Well maybe I can get lucky then. I thought I had read they were going to prioritize those that did not participate in a previous drop so wondering why I have not seen anything.

1 minute ago, gyroprotagonist said:

the fees to turn ETH into WETH were obscene.  Can't imagine the fee to convert $20K worth.  

This, is Zed making money on that? How many people converted ETH to WETH just to get left high and dry in the drop.

Eddie, did you buy off OpenSea with just Eth? Would I need to convert the WETH back into ETH in my MetaMask to buy there?

1 minute ago, ZB'Tejas said:

This, is Zed making money on that? How many people converted ETH to WETH just to get left high and dry in the drop.

Eddie, did you buy off OpenSea with just Eth? Would I need to convert the WETH back into ETH in my MetaMask to buy there?

I had to convert Eth to Weth to buy on Open Sea.  They use the MATIC Open Sea site, so WETH is what you want.  Make sure you use the Zed site to convert it to WETH. I think if you use other sites, it may not work.

so, there are no 'stat's other than horse rarity and bloodline intrinsic to the horse, right?  Then once a horse starts racing, W/P/S stats will be accumulated.

Is it left to people to figure out a sweet spot for distance?  I play around with that HRM ap where there are defined stats like speed/stam etc.. and horses are built/bred differently for different distances.  I guess i will start looking at some different channels in the zed discord to see if there are any game mechanics to be had.  or if it's basically a digital version of who can shoot water into the clown's mouth the fastest carney shit show on which horses finishes first.

1 minute ago, gyroprotagonist said:

so, there are no 'stat's other than horse rarity and bloodline intrinsic to the horse, right?  Then once a horse starts racing, W/P/S stats will be accumulated.

Is it left to people to figure out a sweet spot for distance?  I play around with that HRM ap where there are defined stats like speed/stam etc.. and horses are built/bred differently for different distances.  I guess i will start looking at some different channels in the zed discord to see if there are any game mechanics to be had.  or if it's basically a digital version of who can shoot water into the clown's mouth the fastest carney shit show on which horses finishes first.

Our issue right now is that we're stuck in Class III so we face better competition.  You're not allowed to race down a class. I wonder if we raced up, if that would help us fall. Buy our way back to Class IV or V.

4th race: https://zed.run/race/uI7yN3SR