Digital Horse Racing (ZED & NFTs)

Nice Guy Eddie

finally nabbed a horse.  [Update] as i was typing this out, another auction cleared that i put a lowball offer on.  So now have 2 of them.  

https://zed.run/racehorse/21743   Z7 Finney - looks like nothing special, but finally found a Genesis Finney for a decent price.     

https://zed.run/racehorse/7953  Z3 Nakamoto - bred from a z1 Genesis Nak and Z2 Nak which makes something called 'Exclusive'

Only downside is when i bid, these were unraced, but prev owners put 10 races on them by the time they accepted the offer.  

Finally got the metamask thing figured out.  I nearly had a heart attack when my ETH got converted to Matic ETH and it stopped showing up in the metamask wallet.  But once i got it connected to ZED it showed up as WETH in the account. thought i had lost it in the ether. 

anyway, may race 'em some and find their best distances.

29 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

finally nabbed a horse.  [Update] as i was typing this out, another auction cleared that i put a lowball offer on.  So now have 2 of them.  

https://zed.run/racehorse/21743   Z7 Finney - looks like nothing special, but finally found a Genesis Finney for a decent price.     

https://zed.run/racehorse/7953  Z3 Nakamoto - bred from a z1 Genesis Nak and Z2 Nak which makes something called 'Exclusive'

Only downside is when i bid, these were unraced, but prev owners put 10 races on them by the time they accepted the offer.  

Finally got the metamask thing figured out.  I nearly had a heart attack when my ETH got converted to Matic ETH and it stopped showing up in the metamask wallet.  But once i got it connected to ZED it showed up as WETH in the account. thought i had lost it in the ether. 

anyway, may race 'em some and find their best distances.

When you have it converted to WETH in Zed can you use that balance to buy on OpenSea or do you have to convert?

21 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Do a few of you still have WETH sitting ready? The fees are astronomical for converting back to ETH so I'm just going to sit on it for now but what are our choices? Can I move WETH to fund our racing? Just wait for another drop?

i just kept checking randomly until fees went down to something i could stomach.  think it was ~$75 to move $2+K worth of WETH, so not great, bob, but i was seeing stuff like $275 to move it before.  i had to abandon that account as I had made another one with metamask linking and it would not link/merge the two accounts.  w/o metamask link, you can't bring in horses bought on opensea.

Did they say that only WETH that was converted within the ZED wallet would work for drops?  From Metamask, you can convert ETH to than Matic ETH and that shows up as WETH in the Zed Wallet, but i think i remember they specifically said that would not work for the last drop.  shit's confusing.  Depending on when the next drop is, an assuming you want to try for a new horse, it might be worth it to leave it in there

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

i just kept checking randomly until fees went down to something i could stomach.  think it was ~$75 to move $2+K worth of WETH, so not great, bob, but i was seeing stuff like $275 to move it before.  i had to abandon that account as I had made another one with metamask linking and it would not link/merge the two accounts.  w/o metamask link, you can't bring in horses bought on opensea.

Did they say that only WETH that was converted within the ZED wallet would work for drops?  From Metamask, you can convert ETH to than Matic ETH and that shows up as WETH in the Zed Wallet, but i think i remember they specifically said that would not work for the last drop.  shit's confusing.  Depending on when the next drop is, an assuming you want to try for a new horse, it might be worth it to leave it in there

I have a metamask but similar my Zed account was setup via email not connected to the metamask. Disappointing you can connect after the fact because that would mean I would need to convert back to ETH and move it back to the metamask before opening a new account or buying on 3rd party site. What a cluster, I guess I will potentially wait for a new drop then. Says $375 in fees to move $550 in WETH!

Edited by ZB'Tejas

Just now, ZB'Tejas said:

When you have it converted to WETH in Zed can you use that balance to buy on OpenSea or do you have to convert?

so see my reply from 1 minute ago for details of my 2 ZED accounts.  one with metamask and one with just email funded with ETH --> WETH using ZED wallet.  

So i'll just chronical what happened to me

- used only me email to create ZED account.  brought in ETH and the before drop converted to WETH (only to never get a link to drop)

- Got metamask working, then used metamask to sign in to ZED.  Could not see the ETH/WETH in my email only account.  Logging back into email only account, it said i could not transfer horses into this account w/o metamask.  So i ate the fee and withdrew WETH from there.  That ETH showed up in my metamask wallet.

- I tried to make a bid on metamask and it converted my entire bid into Matic ETH.  This ETH stopped showing up on metamask, but i could see it on my opensea profile as ETH.  It also showed up in my ZED wallet as WETH.

To your question, sorta, the WETH that showed up in my ZED account got depleted when i made a purchase on opensea.  But, as i said earlier, this was not the 'same' WETH as ZED wallet converted WETH.

OK see your last post now.  you did what i did.  I do not think you can use the WETH in the Zed wallet for opensea, since that needs metamask, but i am far from expert.

@Baboontyme @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas

I put Red Bull into a $26 entry fee race at the distance that we've had the best odds in the past: 1800m. Unfortunately there is a 5+ hour delay in races.  Fort Worth handicap: https://zed.run/race/j9yh2EgQ

Reasonable: https://zed.run/race/kWpnKHmj

Races are getting backed up, so I need to add races earlier in the day.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

@Baboontyme @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas

I put Red Bull into a $26 entry fee race at the distance that we've had the best odds in the past: 1800m. Unfortunately there is a 5+ hour delay in races.  Fort Worth handicap: https://zed.run/race/j9yh2EgQ

Reasonable: https://zed.run/race/kWpnKHmj

Races are getting backed up, so I need to add races earlier in the day.

Good choice on Red Bull!  Not sure how to figure out Reasonable but we have something with Red Bull

13 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

lets put reasonable out to stud.

@NOMAAA @Angry Gorilla @huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas @Zepol87 @Baboontyme @MonkeyDoughnut @Here for Zed @Da Fino @Mr Bean

Tuesday Races:

Stud: When they open up breeding, lets look to breed Red Bull and Reasonable.  Good runner + good genes = champion? loser?

Zepol - are you in or out on Reasonable? 

fe0fb993c8a3792d61b690fc3ae8288f.jpg

Remaining genesis horses to be dropped.

They announced they would have another drop for affected users that didn’t get a chance at a horse but I heard that was for people that got a incorrect link. Not sure if I’m included but if I have the chance at least I still have my WETh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i ended up selling https://zed.run/racehorse/7953.  made .15ETH (~$600) off the sale.  The horse was not winning, but was placing enough to keep at class III.

in just talking with one of the sellers on Discord, the guy who owns this horse https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/26271 said he turned down a 5 ETH offer.  said he made .5 ETH in winnings yesterday.  So if you can form a ROI monster, those can be sold for big bucks.

The fact that you can turn this into additional revenue streams is so game changing. I'm sure TS and Topps might follow with some fantasy game but right now I wish I have skipped TS and just bought horses. And when I heard them talk on Clubhouse about long term potential, owning racetracks, etc. Pretty cool.

I can't wait to tell my wife I'm quitting my normal job to become a digital horse stable owner

Edited by ZB'Tejas

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

@NOMAAA @Angry Gorilla @huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas @Zepol87 @Baboontyme @MonkeyDoughnut @Here for Zed @Da Fino @Mr Bean

Tuesday Races:

Stud: When they open up breeding, lets look to breed Red Bull and Reasonable.  Good runner + good genes = champion? loser?

stop playing god!

• Hook 'Em 1

Bloodlines will contribute 80% to the overall weighting factor when determining the minimum breeding price. Subsequently, each individual bloodline is weighted as follows:

• Nakamoto: 180%
  • Szabo: 120%
  • Finney: 40%
  • Buterin: 15%

Breed types account for 20% of the total weighting when calculating the minimum breeding price. Each breed type is weighted as follows:

• Genesis: 180%
  • Legendary: 150%
  • Exclusive: 120%
  • Elite: 90%
  • Cross: 80%
  • Pacer: 60%

Because the bloodline is weighted more heavily in the breeding prices, that must be  the most important characteristic. That could explain the difference between the 2 horses.

31 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Moved over here from the other thread. I'm in for $100 if that's what everybody has settled on. Haven't had a chance to get through the whole thread yet, but I didn't want to miss out if there aren't many spots left. Who's collecting the money?

Now that I've caught up on the thread: I'm in for at least $100 per horse, but I'd be willing to go a little higher for a good one. I'd like to invest in a couple so I have more races to watch. To be fair to the first guys in, I'll throw $100 at Reasonable and $100 at Red Bull if available. Then I'm down to put some money towards another one or two of them.

46 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Moved over here from the other thread. I'm in for $100 if that's what everybody has settled on. Haven't had a chance to get through the whole thread yet, but I didn't want to miss out if there aren't many spots left. Who's collecting the money?

I need some other people in front of you to land on what they are doing. But if they don't reply by 5, they're out. I will let you know what we have available. 

I also think we are building enough demand to look for Horse #3.

40 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

is there any correlation to gate/finish in these races?

I've read that people think the gate is part of the algorithm but I don't know if that is confirmed by the developers. And obviously there is some randomness as well.  

Just now, The Royal We said:

Man, I've spent the last hour or so trying to figure this shit out and I feel like a feeble old man.  I've created an account on Zed, connected it to MetaMask, funded MetaMask with ETH from Bittrex and now I need an OpenSea account? 

I need a nap.

haha. 2 tips. Use Zed to convert from ETH to WETH.  It takes some time. Be patient. And then you can connect directly to matic.opensea.io with MetaMask. Ask questions if you're stuck.

And the god damn fees on all of this are outrageous.  I thought one of the main attractions of cypto was to avoid the fees that banks charge, but this makes the banks look like a fucking charity.

18% to convert ETH to WETH!? 

Edited by The Royal We

4 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

And the god damn fees on all of this are outrageous.  I thought one of the main attractions of cypto was to avoid the fees that banks charge, but this makes the banks look like a fucking charity.

18% to convert ETH to WETH!? 

They encourage you to make as few transfer as possible.   The good news is that once you transfer to WETH, the fees are effectively 0.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I need some other people in front of you to land on what they are doing. But if they don't reply by 5, they're out. I will let you know what we have available. 

I also think we are building enough demand to look for Horse #3.

Roger that! Just let me know. I'm in on Red Bull or any other horse if there's a spot. If anybody want's to pull a little bit out of RM to allocate elsewhere, I'd be willing to buy in. Also willing to throw down on a 3rd horse. I'll PM you my venmo so you can send the request there

33 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Roger that! Just let me know. I'm in on Red Bull or any other horse if there's a spot. If anybody want's to pull a little bit out of RM to allocate elsewhere, I'd be willing to buy in. Also willing to throw down on a 3rd horse. I'll PM you my venmo so you can send the request there

I'm in the same spot as Squish - willing to Venmo funds to @Nice Guy Eddie to participate in the Surly Cartel if you have a spot. 

After getting used up (sans lube) by fees I don't know how good of a horse I can get on my own...

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

haha. 2 tips. Use Zed to convert from ETH to WETH.  It takes some time. Be patient. And then you can connect directly to matic.opensea.io with MetaMask. Ask questions if you're stuck.

And don't create a Zed account with your email initially or it creates an email wallet not the metamask wallet. If you do it that way I don't think you can buy on OpenSea at least that's where I'm stuck

Just now, ZB'Tejas said:

And don't create a Zed account with your email initially or it creates an email wallet not the metamask wallet. If you do it that way I don't think you can buy on OpenSea at least that's where I'm stuck

I used MetaMask to create my account.  It's insane that the cheapest horse on the OpenSea marketplace is $205 and that is the only one that is less than $400!  I'm reading some of their intro materials, but this is a steep learning curve.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They encourage you to make as few transfer as possible.   The good news is that once you transfer to WETH, the fees are effectively 0.

Can you transfer WETH to WETH? As in if I setup a new stable with my MetaMask can I send my WETH there?

7 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Can you transfer WETH to WETH? As in if I setup a new stable with my MetaMask can I send my WETH there?

I would be cautious before you do this. I think that WETH on the ETH network is not the same as WETH on the Matic network.  Have we lost anyone yet? :)  this is why I converted ETH to WETH from within my Zed account as they advise. 

yeah from having fucked this thing up on my own, here is what i would do in order

1) create metamask account, no need to fund right away.  this wallet address will be used by ZED and opensea (PM me your seed phrase, jk...)

2) create Zed account using metamask to log in (don't use email to create account)

3) link metamask to opensea.io.  should just go to website and click on wallet icon and it will do it automactically.  

4) in ZED, transfer ETH from any other wallet (or you can buy with CC).  This will show up as ETH in ZED and metamask wallet

5) Transfer ETH to WETH with in ZED account.  This will take some time and yes the fees are horrendous.  It varies by time of day, so you can check around.

Now that you have WETH in ZED, this will show up as ETH (Matic) in your metamask account.  This can be used to buy stuff off of opensea.io.  As far as I can tell, you cannot just use regular ETH to buy ZED horses from open seas.  it has to be converted. 

This WETH will also fund your racing entry fees and any winnings will also be put into this account.  ZED was very specific that only WETH (transferred in game) would work for buying horses.  The transfer can take hours (last i did it, it only took ~20 mins) so when the drop happens, be sure to get it in early.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

like transfer within the game?  I asked ZED support about merging an email and metamask account a few days ago, but have not heard back.  I just bit the bullet and transferred everything manually.

33 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

They are going head to head... loser gets bred

I've had enough trouble explaining to the misses that we are proud owners of a couple of digital horses. I can't wait to try and explain how we're now planning on breeding them.   

The more I race the couple horse I picked up the more I realize this is just the beginning of this. There is way more that will be added and factored into things as they move forward.  Now is just a good time to get your feet wet and stay connected as it progresses.  I think the breeding part of this will matter way more than any racing going on now.

35 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

like transfer within the game?  I asked ZED support about merging an email and metamask account a few days ago, but have not heard back.  I just bit the bullet and transferred everything manually.

Let me know if you hear back because I have a MetaMask but need to associate it with my already created Zed account.

32 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I've had enough trouble explaining to the misses that we are proud owners of a couple of digital horses. I can't wait to try and explain how we're now planning on breeding them.   

The more I race the couple horse I picked up the more I realize this is just the beginning of this. There is way more that will be added and factored into things as they move forward.  Now is just a good time to get your feet wet and stay connected as it progresses.  I think the breeding part of this will matter way more than any racing going on now.

There are 2 elements missing that could add some fun: jockeys and pari-mutuel betting.  Give the owner a free jockey for the race but allow them to hire a better jockey for 1 race.

Besides just not winning, I'm annoyed that Reasonable never finishes last. 40 races and 0 12th place finishes. Zed rewards the Ricky Bobby strategy: either get 1st or last. Last helps lower your class points to get the races easier.