Digital Horse Racing (ZED & NFTs)

Nice Guy Eddie

16 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Anyone know anything about this? I've received a maintenance notification for a couple of days now. I figure they're putting in some much needed improvements, or they just packed up and ran off with their money.

yeah, there was notice on their discord channel about the maintenance.  It's back up now and races are fully populated.  not sure if there were any major changes or not.  probably just fixing that issue people were having with horses getting stuck in races that never raced.

On 6/23/2021 at 7:10 AM, gyroprotagonist said:

lol, i am entering in this.  I have a horse that loves to finish 4th place.

After 2 races my donkey Energy Rush is doing pretty well.  Got two 6th place finishes ( 3 points each).  6 points is good for 20th so far with about 2/3 of the 100 horse field having at least 1 race.  This horse finishes 4th 22% of the time, by far the most finished position, so need some of that consistency to get 6 points in the last race.

6th-20th place get their ETH back basically.  only bad part is this donkey races in Class II and free races are hard to come by and there are no $2.50 races either.

• Hook 'Em 1

down to the final race sitting with Energy Rush in a tie for 8th place.  I have already raced and gotten the max 5 points so should move up with a total of 27 for 9 races.  not sure if it's enough to get one of the top 3 spots.  Need those above me to whiff on placing 4th - 8th.  I'll at least get my entry fee back.

These will be awesome when players can have more control over tourneys and stuff like that.  anyway, was good to race this donkey with a purpose for once.

image.png.3531545d617d28d066ea9080d3bf08f5.png

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Yea, stuff like that will make Zed still fun for more people. 

My horse won a race last weekend by 3 seconds with one of the strongest fields I've ever been in.  Horses with win %s of 18.5%, 17%, 3 over 13% and a 9% and I was actually watching it live.  Good times.  https://knowyourhorses.com/races/BGL4KpYk

sweet!  someone posts the fastest times at each distance each day on twitter.  should see if you made it.

maybe it won't last but in first right now. 

image.png.4a6a89173bedcb1c46c9b1fb411f2e22.png

1 hour ago, gsoda3 said:

i don't see red bull listed in the lineup, am i missing something?

We paid to enter that race based on the history but you’re right that we are somehow not listed. I’ve had this happen several times and completely puts me off on zed.  If they have bugs in that too many people register for a race, who’s to say the race is legit.

I will open a support ticket to see if I can get our money back.

6 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Breeding is back open!

finally!  delivered something earlier than expected.  hopefully not a s-show.

if anyone is interested i am putting my unraced Z3 Szabo, Giant Stakes https://zed.run/racehorse/1103,  in the stud farm at .2ETH.  Right now that's the cheapest Z3 out there.  Still waiting for the horse to actually appear on the list.  just listed it ~5min ago.  not sure how long that is going to take.

7 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Breeding is back open!

And ... surprise! It doesn't seem to work...

Just erroring for me and others on discord it appears, although some people have been able to breed 2 fillys??.... ZED just continues to amaze me on their "fixes"

I really, really would like this to pan out but we keep getting hit over the head with signs that it won't.

9 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

And ... surprise! It doesn't seem to work...

Just erroring for me and others on discord it appears, although some people have been able to breed 2 fillys??.... ZED just continues to amaze me on their "fixes"

I really, really would like this to pan out but we keep getting hit over the head with signs that it won't.

Be careful spamming it if you get an error message. I ended up getting 5 foals out of my one filly. I found a Z5 Nak- grandson of Billions in stud for a ~$60 stud fee and kept spamming it. 

I know this shit is complicated, but don’t release it live if it’s not fully cooked yet. 

2 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Be careful spamming it if you get an error message. I ended up getting 5 foals out of my one filly. I found a Z5 Nak- grandson of Billions in stud for a ~$60 stud fee and kept spamming it. 

I know this shit is complicated, but don’t release it live if it’s not fully cooked yet. 

Yeah, at this point looks like my account balance went down without getting a horse....  I'm going to stop and rethink how best to extricate myself in the most profitable way...

yeah, trying to get a race is tough right now.  it might be time get some more servers or something.  it feels like they are running this on home PC and forgot to turn off the SETI search.

my other horse, Oz and Lbs is still in limbo waiting to get into the stud farm after 2 hours this morning.  Oh well, gonna race him a few times.

damn, was only able to get 4 covers on my stud (including one of my own) before they pulled it from the listing.  better than 3 i guess.  Maybe I priced it way too low at .2ETH, but it worked out to net me .33 ETH in the wallet for the 3 breeds, plus got a Z6 Legendary Szabo foal for .13.

I might mess around see if i can get some foals out of my mare.  Seems like the precedent for ZED fuckups is that they never go back and try to take horses away or anything like that when ETH has been paid

• Hook 'Em 1

@Angry Gorilla @Baboontyme @Da Fino @gsoda3 @henrygandorf @Here for Zed @huge @MonkeyDoughnut @Mr Bean @NOMAAA @PhillyD @SquishMitten @ZB'Tejas

I propose we breed Red Bull and Reasonable. normally the mare owners get to keep to new horse but I say we split it evenly based on the current owner breakdown. If you own 7% or Reasonable, you own 3.5% of the new horse. For transparency, this will give me the highest percent of the new horse since I have the highest percent of Red Bull. 

We split the breeding fees down the middle. We can decide owner breakdowns of future baby horses, if we want to continue.  Thoughts?

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Royal We said:

That's kinda awesome. Hell of a deal! Too bad you haven't gotten very great odds on any that you've run so far. Any reason you haven't loaned out Despicable's dong yet?

I've been racing Despicable against the fresh glue trying to improve his odds some and also trying to figure out how much I can charge and still get all 3 of his covers used.  He's pulled odds between 6.07 - 9.06 in his last 10 races.  Some people on the Zed Discord are asking .15 - .2 stud fees for horses that are less successful on the track than him with similar bloodlines.  I'm thinking I'll probably put DL out to stud this evening for .07 - .09 and post it on the Zed breeding Discord channel.

I've raced all of my new horses except for one, I'm having a hard time getting The Dude into a G race. 

Odds on their Gs so far:

Donny Kerabatsos - 24.5

Maude Lebowski - 18.76

Autumn Sunrise - 27.5

Jackie Treehorn - 8.38 (!)

The Dude - ???

I'm pretty pumped to get one decent horse out out this batch so far.  My filly is nothing special at all so my strategy was to find the best blood I could for cheap and try to catch a winning lotto ticket by breeding her as much as possible.  The glitch moved up my timeline, but we'll see if Jackie continues to pull decent odds and win a few. 

For anyone looking to get in on the game for pretty cheap I think there will be tons of horses for sale at less an .1 ETH.  I've got Donny up for sale already for .175: https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0xa5f1ea7df861952863df2e8d1312f7305dabf215/31032

@SquishMitten

Edited by The Royal We

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

@Angry Gorilla @Baboontyme @Da Fino @gsoda3 @henrygandorf @Here for Zed @huge @MonkeyDoughnut @Mr Bean @NOMAAA @PhillyD @SquishMitten @ZB'Tejas

I propose we breed Red Bull and Reasonable. normally the mare owners get to keep to new horse but I say we split it evenly based on the current owner breakdown. If you own 7% or Reasonable, you own 3.5% of the new horse. For transparency, this will give me the highest percent of the new horse since I have the highest percent of Red Bull. 

We split the breeding fees down the middle. We can decide owner breakdowns of future baby horses, if we want to continue.  Thoughts?

In on the breeding.

30 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

I've been racing Despicable against the fresh glue trying to improve his odds some and also trying to figure out how much I can charge and still get all 3 of his covers used.  He's pulled odds between 6.07 - 9.06 in his last 10 races.  Some people on the Zed Discord are asking .15 - .2 stud fees for horses that are less successful on the track than him with similar bloodlines.  I'm thinking I'll probably put DL out to stud this evening for .07 - .09 and post it on the Zed breeding Discord channel.

I've raced all of my new horses except for one, I'm having a hard time getting The Dude into a G race. 

Odds on their Gs so far:

Donny Kerabatsos - 24.5

Maude Lebowski - 18.76

Autumn Sunrise - 27.5

Jackie Treehorn - 8.38 (!)

The Dude - ???

I'm pretty pumped to get one decent horse out out this batch so far.  My filly is nothing special at all so my strategy was to find the best blood I could for cheap and try to catch a winning lotto ticket by breeding her as much as possible.  The glitch moved up my timeline, but we'll see if Jackie continues to pull decent odds and win a few. 

For anyone looking to get in on the game for pretty cheap I think there will be tons of horses for sale at less an .1 ETH.  I've got Donny up for sale already for .175: https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0xa5f1ea7df861952863df2e8d1312f7305dabf215/31032

@SquishMitten

For getting into Griffin watch the racing now page for the next Griffin race and watch it live. Right when it ends a new Griffin race will open up.

• Hook 'Em 1

PSA:  I have a great Z8' "stud" horse out there (Dynamic Dynasty) that produced two offspring so far, one hasn't raced, but the other offspring has two raced odds: 4.89 and 6.45

Stud:  https://zed.run/racehorse/22931

Offspring: https://zed.run/racehorse/34753

I've got no unbred filly's or I'd take 3rd offspring myself...

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

PSA:  I have a great Z8' "stud" horse out there (Dynamic Dynasty) that produced two offspring so far, one hasn't raced, but the other offspring has two raced odds: 4.89 and 6.45

that's awesome!  I have 2 foals so far, but best i had was 14 odds in G-race on one of them.  if the mare glitch was still working I would def snag a cover.  Saving my last 2 Buterin nags to breed with my Finney if he ever gets out of his stuck race.

12 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yea, that's a good looking horse and him throwing off a strong odds racer is great for your future earnings. 

You still looking to bail out?

4 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Yea, that's a good looking horse and him throwing off a strong odds racer is great for your future earnings. 

You still looking to bail out?

episode 9 GIF

Zed's tech has been helping me on another breeding that's been "stuck"... but otherwise I'm as fickle as them come with Zed it seems.... I keep getting sucked in and have no big explanation for it other than the excitement around breeding pretend horses...

That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

episode 9 GIF

Zed's tech has been helping me on another breeding that's been "stuck"... but otherwise I'm as fickle as them come with Zed it seems.... I keep getting sucked in and have no big explanation for it other than the excitement around breeding pretend horses...

That 70S Show Reaction GIF by Laff

Hahahahahaha!  Perfect answer.  I was getting a little bored too, but breeding has been a nice shot in the arm.

I do wish they could unfuck themselves on their tech issues, because it does seem like they are trying to run this thing on a bunch of old Gateway 486s strung together in the corner of Jay's Mom's basement.

So I just got an email that I got a Zed horse for free(Z8 to Z10). It’s part of this promotion:

https://community.zed.run/2021/07/02/million-dollar-drop-winners-announced/

I really don’t have time to learn Zed(I created the account months ago and haven’t done anything with it). I get the horse on July 10th, which is exciting! That being said I would like to sell it for a discount to a Surly user. Please let me know if anybody is interested. Otherwise I guess I will finally create an OpenSea account. @PhillyD @The Royal We @ZB'Tejas

L O fucking l. You can’t make this shit up. Way to fuck up a free giveaway, morons. 

‼️ IMPORTANT ‼️

The email regarding the MILLION DOLLAR DROP that was just sent, was delivered to everyone by mistake.
Only those wallet addresses listed in our blog will be eligible to claim their ZED RUN Genesis racehorse.
Apologies for any inconvenience. 
Edited by Irieguy

7 hours ago, Irieguy said:

So I just got an email that I got a Zed horse for free(Z8 to Z10). It’s part of this promotion:

https://community.zed.run/2021/07/02/million-dollar-drop-winners-announced/

I really don’t have time to learn Zed(I created the account months ago and haven’t done anything with it). I get the horse on July 10th, which is exciting! That being said I would like to sell it for a discount to a Surly user. Please let me know if anybody is interested. Otherwise I guess I will finally create an OpenSea account. @PhillyD @The Royal We @ZB'Tejas

Go the same email but I just checked my address and no luck for me. I was in Wave 2 but it still crapped out for me when trying to buy. If you were Wave 3 or 4 you might have had better luck

@Irieguy did you already check you address?

3 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I got the email, clicked to claim and thought I had one.  But, I then searched for my wallet and it looks likes Zed is a de-gifter.  Zed seems to know how to piss people off.

Hard to imagine that this thing can keep growing with all these mishaps. Fucking TopShot going to 0 and this Zed BS... 2018 crypto shit coins all over again.

here is the first data on stud fees i have seen

Those are the floor prices, but if i had to guess, the floor was probably at least 50% of all listings.  

I think the million dollar drop was solely based on how many horses you had in the stable at the time of the drop AND if you tried to participate in the botched ECHO drop.  Zero horses in stable had the best odds and it got worse the more you had.  Since it's ZED, there will be a stable with 100 horses and 10 Naks that somehow got a dozen of the free horses.

1 hour ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Hard to imagine that this thing can keep growing with all these mishaps. Fucking TopShot going to 0 and this Zed BS... 2018 crypto shit coins all over again.

Yeah, I've had a filly I tried to breed on Tuesday that's been "stuck", can't race, can't breed, already deducted money... until they fix. They've had it since Tuesday, hoping to get fixed in next week... Transaction is on activity list but blockchain didn't take or such.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's surprising that a Zed competitor hasn't popped up yet given their incompetence.

Riot Racers and Chicken Derby are two similar models... just cars and chicken racing.

another PSA... apparently there is another issue with breeding in that horse studs aren't coming out of breeding. Once timer gets to zero it just starts counting the other direction... (time get larger and larger)....