Digital Horse Racing (ZED & NFTs)

Nice Guy Eddie

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

@Angry Gorilla @Baboontyme @Da Fino @gsoda3 @henrygandorf @Here for Zed @huge @MonkeyDoughnut @Mr Bean @NOMAAA @PhillyD @SquishMitten @ZB'Tejas

How or does the group want to move forward with Zed racing? I started disliking the product as it would sometimes take 15+ minutes to successfully join a cheaper races in our budget.

I see a couple of options:

• someone else take over the management of the horses and racing budget. I don't mind participating but I'm obviously not motivated to manage racing.
  • we can sell the horses and split the proceeds and remaining racing budget.
  • Do nothing now but re-address at a later date if the horse values go up. Or if racing improves.

For the guys that still race, what's the current environment like on Zed?

Any idea what ReasonaBull is worth?

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I'm ready to get out. Lost interest a long time ago. Where do we stand on our original investments roughly? If we've got like 25 or 50% of what we've put in, I'm in the blow it crowd. If we can recoup close to what we put in I'd be good just getting out. Or one last race and get out. 

If others are interested in selling their portions of Reasonable and Red Bull, there may be some of us who would buy out what you've paid and making the pool of people involved smaller.  I'm in favor of holding these two horses for now.

18 hours ago, PhillyD said:

Any idea what ReasonaBull is worth?

If others are interested in selling their portions of Reasonable and Red Bull, there may be some of us who would buy out what you've paid and making the pool of people involved smaller.  I'm in favor of holding these two horses for now.

Looking at the higher prices for comparable horses, here's the ballpark each would go for:

Reasonabull: $50-$60 (paid $44)

Red Bull: $250-$300 (paid $1,750...oof)

Reasonable Measure: $800-$900 (paid $930, but as long as Zed exists RM will always be valuable as a genesis horse. We would eventually be able to see him for a profit.)

Edited by SquishMitten

Market is not great for NFTs in general right now with mostly everything facing depressed prices.  It has been tough sledding to sell the horses I have been breeding and prices have been going down month over month as more and more horses enter the market place.  I just put 2 on the market today so will see how they do.  luckily bred 2 females, so that will help get a max price.  takes a longer time to sell as you will only get low ball offers at first.  it's still profitable (if you own both horses) to breed, but the margins are going down.

I took these from hawku.com and used the filter to enter the Z-type and Breed type and sorted by recent sales.  ETH is 4450 now.

last 5 sales for a horse like Reasonable Measure

image.png.9c9cb884a26193720b1effb91cfff6ed.png

Same for Red Bull

image.png.9d3083a2fee0979ced2fd9a925af7d14.png

Oh hell yeah! Missed the announcement, but just saw I'd won 1 of the 100 nascar passes for a skin! Current price is ~$1500. Could be worth a lot more or probably a lot less depending on what skin I actually get, which supposedly gets revealed on the 12th. Tough decision, but I guess it's free money either way if I decide to sell, so I'm gonna let it ride. Wish me luck!

• 7 months later...
33 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Anyone still active with ZED?  I just checked in after many, many months and was wondering what the platform is like now?  Still active?  Any future?

@The Royal We is the man with the plan for ZED

It's still running and there continues to be a lot of work on the platform.  Seems tough trying to please everyone (or anyone for that matter).  I am not very active at all right now, but still hold several horses.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

@The Royal We is the man with the plan for ZED

It's still running and there continues to be a lot of work on the platform.  Seems tough trying to please everyone (or anyone for that matter).  I am not very active at all right now, but still hold several horses.

Yes, I've spent way too much time and eth messing with Zed the last few months.  I got away from it for a while but then with eth prices crashing I started to notice how cheap in USD some of the best horses had become and went on a big buying spree.  I've been hooked pretty hardcore for a few months now and have put together a pretty strong racing stable with a couple of really good horses. 

@MonkeyDoughnut - are you still playing?  They've significantly improved the UI and how quickly the races fill/run.  There's an auto gate selection option now which took away one of the main frustrations in playing - when you would get a gate already taken error.  And just this week they started running "Top 6" races where they pay 1-6 instead of just 1-3 and that's been a big hit.  They are getting close to launching their native token which will replace eth in all of the game functions - racing, breeding, and maybe even in the Hawku marketplace.  I think a lot of people are nervous about how the token is going to go.  I think it's pretty binary, it's going to be a huge boon for active stables or it's going to drive everything to 0.

Let me know if you are in the market for a horse, I've got some tools that dig a lot deeper into horse abilities (Zedge and Blood Tool) to help avoid buying a horse that looks good on paper but is actually shite.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Yes, I've spent way too much time and eth messing with Zed the last few months.  I got away from it for a while but then with eth prices crashing I started to notice how cheap in USD some of the best horses had become and went on a big buying spree.  I've been hooked pretty hardcore for a few months now and have put together a pretty strong racing stable with a couple of really good horses. 

@MonkeyDoughnut - are you still playing?  They've significantly improved the UI and how quickly the races fill/run.  There's an auto gate selection option now which took away one of the main frustrations in playing - when you would get a gate already taken error.  And just this week they started running "Top 6" races where they pay 1-6 instead of just 1-3 and that's been a big hit.  They are getting close to launching their native token which will replace eth in all of the game functions - racing, breeding, and maybe even in the Hawku marketplace.  I think a lot of people are nervous about how the token is going to go.  I think it's pretty binary, it's going to be a huge boon for active stables or it's going to drive everything to 0.

Let me know if you are in the market for a horse, I've got some tools that dig a lot deeper into horse abilities (Zedge and Blood Tool) to help avoid buying a horse that looks good on paper but is actually shite.

Haven't raced since last year... still got 13 horses and was looking to possibly get going again. Will check things out.

• 1 month later...