Digital Horse Racing (ZED & NFTs)

Nice Guy Eddie

[mention=191]huge[/mention] [mention=509]henrygandorf[/mention] [mention=131]PhillyD[/mention] [mention=2880]ZB'Tejas[/mention] [mention=207]Baboontyme[/mention] [mention=932]MonkeyDoughnut[/mention] [mention=6221]Here for Zed[/mention] [mention=5644]Da Fino[/mention] [mention=1656]Mr Bean[/mention] [mention=1301]SquishMitten[/mention]

[mention=1107]gsoda3[/mention]

[mention=1693]NOMAAA[/mention]
Sunday racing
Red Bull: https://zed.run/race/Fdqo9FJz
Reasonable: https://zed.run/race/FEQ9K1r

Is there an underground zed butcher that will buy him to sell to the French?

2 minutes ago, huge said:

What is the update on this?  I have no idea what is going on other that some fake horses allegedly running in fake races?

It's cooled down somewhat. Both Red Bull and Reasonable perform poorly, especially Reasonable. We need to decide on breeding. Honestly work has pulled me away somewhat from the discussion lately.

3 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

So, it looks like the drop will be on Thursday, 6/10.  not sure on the times yet.

I may try and grab one on the drop since I still have my WETH in my account. But with ETH so beaten down not sure how much I can buy.

It's cooled a lot, right now there are only 11 races scheduled to run in next 2 hours and there can be an hour between sets of races.

Will be watching this drop closely, especially with drop prices.  They are kinda stuck, but if they try and sell new Z1's at 46k (or more) I think there will be few takers.  I'm going to be real curious how quickly the Z4 - Z7 horses sell out.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

2 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

I may try and grab one on the drop since I still have my WETH in my account. But with ETH so beaten down not sure how much I can buy.

yeah, i don't know if it's been proven or not if the horse market is pegged to USD or ETH.  I am sure it's mix of both for the stuff on openseas.  in my head i see all it as ETH and tend to think along those lines, but it's big difference between back when ETH was $4K and now.  it's pretty much been at ~$2500 (+/-) since May 21st when it dropped over the course of a few day from it's high.

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's cooled a lot, right now there are only 11 races scheduled to run in next hour and there can be an hour between sets of races.

Will be watching this drop closely, especially with drop prices.  They are kinda stuck, but if they try and sell new Z1's at 46k (or more) I think there will be few takers.  I'm going to be real curious how quickly the Z4 - Z7 horses sell out.

agree.  but the thing is, there are very few Z1-Z4s left to sell.  Like 35 or so (out of the original 1000) from each category.  The latest avg sell price for a Z1 was 13.8ETH ($34.2K) which is pretty close to the drop price of ($36.9K).  The floor asking prices are trending up to 15-16ETH which is right at drop.

The one that is going to have the most pressure is the Z3 Szabo.  Drop price of $13.6K, current floor of $11K.  

23 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's cooled a lot, right now there are only 11 races scheduled to run in next 2 hours and there can be an hour between sets of races.

I don't think this is the case on the races, at least in classes IV and V.  There are tons of races and they fill quickly and run soon after.  The only odd thing I see on the races is that there are very very few of the short races that ever get posted.

I respect Eddie's time allocation so I'm absolutely fine with the pace, but I also like watching the races so I'm always up for watching one of our gluepiles coming in last. I am also not paying much attention to the drops and the breeding rules, etc. but I'm happy with whatever direction those who are want to go. Are we trying to hold RM because he's an OG? Should we sell him and RB and pool the funds and get something better? Are you guys comfortable just waiting to see how breeding goes and then make some decisions?

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I respect Eddie's time allocation so I'm absolutely fine with the pace, but I also like watching the races so I'm always up for watching one of our gluepiles coming in last. 

You must hate Reasonable.  That horse has 7th place locked down

No worries at all Eddie. Whatever works for you. I honestly get a little excited (not that kind, I don't think) when I see a pm notification when I come to surly because I'm a degen and I know I can plan on 2 minutes of entertainment. Big fan of the 3D replays. 

@huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas @Baboontyme @MonkeyDoughnut @Here for Zed @Da Fino @Mr Bean @SquishMitten

@gsoda3

@NOMAAA

Wed morning racing

Reasonable: https://zed.run/race/RVmBJYBo

• I screwed up and put Reasonable in a $25 entry race. I will only charge the group $2.50. 

Red Bull: network errors/wants to sleep in.

I got my invite for Wave 4.

I think I'm going to target a Z7 filly for my first horse and then as many Z9s and Z10s as I can get my hands on after that.

Anyone that participated in previous drops have tips on how to actually get a horse?  The main thing I've seen (other than have your WETH all ready to go) is to use the filter to limit the results so it's not trying to load a ton of horses.

14 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

did you get wave 3?  I got wave 2 and it said 8:15 EST

I think wave 1 was the people who got a faulty link from the TERA drop.

I'm in Wave 2 as well. Tried last time but was beat out by the bots as each horse I liked on was already bought. Let's hope it's more smooth today.

i did not get my stable registered in time for the last drop.  I listened to a Q&A last night on twitter and is basically boiled down to 

- have a plan.  if you are going for Z6-Z10, don't worry about color or much else.  these are going to go fast.  with the more expensive horses, you can probably take a little more time to filter around.

- they supposedly improved the platform so you won't be wasting time trying to buy an already bought horse.  it should refresh when something is bought.

- rest of the advice was all over the map.  some said their phones worked faster, some said use a comp.  

It's just 10 minutes from the clock starting to buy 1 horse, then the last 5 mins are YOLO.  It's not a 10 minute cool down from your first purchase.  

each link is supposed to be stable specific, so sharing links probably won't work.

I'm in wave 2. 

I was able to get 2 horses (Z8's) in different waves in last drop.

I had two browser windows open, one I kept refreshing, one I did not.  Only one "loaded", no clue if one way better than other, just mentioning what I had done. One time was refreshing window, other was non-refreshing that loaded...

Best advice is when the wave starts you have it seems like 30 seconds to a minute (will seem like long time) before the horses actually load, be patient.  During this period, do TWO things:

1) Filter down to no more than 3 classes of horses - eg. Z4-6.

2) Reverse sort the list can't remember is this was on price or what, but definitely loaded horses in different order. I've convinced this step was key to getting one.

Then when horses fill in, you have to click and go asap.... process via metamask quickly, you don't have time to really think and/or read.

Any errors typically mean someone else just beat you to it, quickly cancel and select a different horse.

One horse I got was after clicking on and attempting to buy multiple other horses. Was like my 3rd or 4th horse click / pay attempt. Other horse got right off the bat.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Any of you guys that are getting in on the drop looking for investors? Specifically talking to these guys who I assume are in the drop, but the offer is out to anybody else here as well. 

@Nice Guy Eddie @PhillyD @gyroprotagonist @The Royal We @ZB'Tejas @MonkeyDoughnut

I'm going to look at the drop. I might be in the market for a horse but I'm also cool if someone else manages it. I manage 2 shared horses plus 1 on my own, and I barely have time to put them in a few races per day.

Unfortunately they don't make it easy to co-own a stable, at least via their website. Everything is tied to a crypto wallet and I'm not sharing that. 

21 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Yea, I can barely keep track of my own shit.  Wouldn't mind investors and the increased buying power but I'm not keeping up with the finances.  Someone needs to start a service that keeps track of things for a Zed Cartel for a fee.

@SquishMitten

This is me.   I wanted to do the drop and try to get a Genesis Filly of my own, breed with Reasonable and split the offspring.  My work is keeping me too busy to watch races live, much less keep up with the rest of the fake horserace world .  I can only participate as an investor.  I wish I had the time for it.

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

Any of you guys that are getting in on the drop looking for investors? Specifically talking to these guys who I assume are in the drop, but the offer is out to anybody else here as well. 

@Nice Guy Eddie @PhillyD @gyroprotagonist @The Royal We @ZB'Tejas @MonkeyDoughnut

Z1 - $36,900 Z2 - $19,538 Z3 - $13,602 Z4 - $6,432 Z5 - $3,809 Z6 - $1,509 Z7 - $623 Z8 - $330 Z9 - $205 Z10 - $123

Saw this on the Discord so not sure if last drop prices or confirmed for this one. Had enough in my WETH account for a 7 last drop but only an 8 this one.

5 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Z1 - $36,900 Z2 - $19,538 Z3 - $13,602 Z4 - $6,432 Z5 - $3,809 Z6 - $1,509 Z7 - $623 Z8 - $330 Z9 - $205 Z10 - $123

Saw this on the Discord so not sure if last drop prices or confirmed for this one. Had enough in my WETH account for a 7 last drop but only an 8 this one.

Pricey. I would love to get a Finney Genesis so looking at 600+.  The Szabo and Nakamoto are just too outrageous.

My drop time is at 7:45 CT.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Pricey. I would love to get a Finney Genesis so looking at 600+.  The Szabo and Nakamoto are just too outrageous.

My drop time is at 7:45 CT.

I’ll be butting heads with you. Hopefully going to get a Finney filly and the will spam the mouse trying to get any z9/10s I can get.