Digital Horse Racing (ZED & NFTs)

Nice Guy Eddie

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Day races. Watch them at your leisure:

Reasonable: 

Red Bull: 

I imagine races are a bit chaotic right now. With so many new horses minted last week, they're being raced to find their potential. New good horses might be dominating the lower classes on their way to the high classes.  Donkeys are being raced once and then placed for sale. 

RM ran a good race for about 1700m and then dropped like a rock. 

RB - had a run in him but too little too late. 

@NOMAAA @Angry Gorilla @huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas @Baboontyme @MonkeyDoughnut @Here for Zed @Da Fino @Mr Bean @SquishMitten @BLKNSTY

I'm putting in a bid to buy the horse I mentioned earlier: Sweet Dragon. https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/20200

Happy to sell shares.  Looks like it could be around $1700-1800 in total. Plus entry fees. 

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

@NOMAAA @Angry Gorilla @huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas @Baboontyme @MonkeyDoughnut @Here for Zed @Da Fino @Mr Bean @SquishMitten @BLKNSTY

I'm putting in a bid to buy the horse I mentioned earlier: Sweet Dragon. https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/20200

Happy to sell shares.  Looks like it could be around $1700-1800 in total. Plus entry fees. 

If I can stay in the under $200 range, I will buy shares.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

so at what point do we look to sell off fake horse 1?  if there's a demand for these horses, can we make a little cash?  break even?

i'm fine with my initial investment, but would rather roll that into a new situation and make up the difference if need be, rather than invest in an entirely new fake horse.

how much is enough?  how many yachts can you water-ski behind?

What about a genesis philly? Then we could breed our own legendaries. No idea if that would save us a ton of money because ZED may do something to account for that like minimum stud fees, but it could still save a little. Even if they make intra-stable breeding prohibited, at least we’d have the opportunity to breed with other guys here who have their own stables. Just a thought. Either way, I’m down to clown with another genesis colt if that’s what you’re thinking is the better play right now

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'll buy 10% of this one.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

looks good.  really close to hitting Class III, though.  that would be my only concern.

Class    Base Rating
Griffin    Un-raced
Class 5    0 – 20
Class 4    21 – 40
Class 3    41 – 60
Class 2    61 – 80
Class 1    81 +

I think one of the keys to breeding is going to be making 'designer' horses that will stay in Class IV but be strong

Genotype    Base Rating
Z1 to Z4        57
Z5 to Z9        37
Z10 +              17

So you can see that a Z10+ will start off in class V but likely move up to class IV fast.  Then goal would be to have a long stay in class IV.

Finishing Position    Point Awarded    Finishing Position    Point Awarded
1st    + 4    --------  7th    0
2nd    + 3   --------   8th    0
3rd    + 2    --------- 9th    – 1
4th    + 1    ---------- 10th    – 2
5th    0    ------------ 11th    – 3
6th    0    ------------- 12th    – 4

So i just found this chart that shows how each horse moves based on result.  This is why that U-shape profile is super important (unless in class 1 lol) you have to hit 9th or worse to decrease your class rank.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

What about a genesis philly? Then we could breed our own legendaries. No idea if that would save us a ton of money because ZED may do something to account for that like minimum stud fees, but it could still save a little. Even if they make intra-stable breeding prohibited, at least we’d have the opportunity to breed with other guys here who have their own stables. Just a thought. Either way, I’m down to clown with another genesis colt if that’s what you’re thinking is the better play right now

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

so at what point do we look to sell off fake horse 1?  if there's a demand for these horses, can we make a little cash?  break even?

i'm fine with my initial investment, but would rather roll that into a new situation and make up the difference if need be, rather than invest in an entirely new fake horse.

how much is enough?  how many yachts can you water-ski behind?

I think we all are going to have different wants for a horse.  I went in on this just wanting to learn more about it and I'm glad I did because I feel like I learned a lot faster thatn I would have sitting on the sidelines.  It looks like this is just like anything else, it takes money to make money so I am somewhere between the two of you on what I would like.  I do want to see what Reasonable can do with breeding a new horse with Red Bull but I also really like the idea of breeding him with another Genesis, but I don't have unlimited funds to pretend like I'm the fake Bob Baffert of the fake horseracing world.  

If we end up with a few horses that have offspring every few months that we can either race and make money or sell to fund more, that's where I would like to be with the very limited time and money I have to put into this.

I’m not advocating one way or the other. Just throwing out thoughts for discussion. The only vote I have is to keep Reasonable, at least until we know what breeding looks like. Being so limited, having a Genesis horse seems like the closest thing to being a guaranteed benefit in the future (even the shittiest genesis horse should still pay for itself eventually).

any interest in this horse?  if I can get for around ~$1600 might be good.  https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/19556

- bred Legendary Buterin Z13 filly; nothing too special.  10ish G-race odds

it has shown a knack for staying in Class V where it does pretty well.  a horse that can stay in it's lane is the key getting any ROI out of these things.

listed for .55 ETH ($2200), but may can get for .4 ish  

worst case we could breed with my decent horse as it's a filly.

anyway, I will probably make a bid today.  want to search out some more comps on a bred buterin.  If i win it, i'll take anyone that wants a share.

1 hour ago, gyroprotagonist said:

any interest in this horse?  if I can get for around ~$1600 might be good.  https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/19556

- bred Legendary Buterin Z13 filly; nothing too special.  10ish G-race odds

it has shown a knack for staying in Class V where it does pretty well.  a horse that can stay in it's lane is the key getting any ROI out of these things.

listed for .55 ETH ($2200), but may can get for .4 ish  

worst case we could breed with my decent horse as it's a filly.

anyway, I will probably make a bid today.  want to search out some more comps on a bred buterin.  If i win it, i'll take anyone that wants a share.

I'm interested in a share of it.

In case anyone notices, I bought a horse of my own and is in the Surly Stable lineup: Beats me. Established runner with a good U result distribution. I'm going to attempt to beat the system by running the hell out of it. 

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'm interested in a share of it.

In case anyone notices, I bought a horse of my own and is in the Surly Stable lineup: Beats me. Established runner with a good U result distribution. I'm going to attempt to beat the system by running the hell out of it. 

nice!  run good.  horse looks great.

i am just going to keep running the oz and lbs horse to see if the distribution starts to trend more U or not.  I am not seeing many 12 place finishes lately and am now in the low 50s for class.  lol at wanting 12th place finishes.  getting too many 3rds and middle finishes.

1 minute ago, gyroprotagonist said:

my last 3 are not showing odds on the kyh site.  not sure.  it's a pain in the ass, but there is a results channel in the discord that should show the odds for each race.

There's so much activity in that discord channel that I have a hard time keeping up.

I still have not had any response to my lowball offer on this horse:  https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/7976

I'm thinking hard about buying a Z9 Genesis that had 5.95 odds in his G race, but has raced 7 times with the best finish being 3rd.  Price is .26 ETH.  Seem like a decent buy to y'all?

was looking at this horse https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/17987 but there is a flag on it that says it was stolen, lol.  

yeah, I am now thinking G-race odds are a decent indicator of future potential, but it's all about that U-shaped distribution.  I wonder how much running 12th place comes naturally and how much the owner needs to pick 'bad' races.  probably more just naturally.  

17 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

There's so much activity in that discord channel that I have a hard time keeping up.

I still have not had any response to my lowball offer on this horse:  https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/7976

I'm thinking hard about buying a Z9 Genesis that had 5.95 odds in his G race, but has raced 7 times with the best finish being 3rd.  Price is .26 ETH.  Seem like a decent buy to y'all?

that horse sounds like a deal.  7 races is noise basically.  what class it is racing now?  I have been going to back and looking at the charts from 'good' horses and seeing what the dist looked like at certain points.  just really started, but the number of 12th place finishes is AS important as 1st place.  

- look at this monster: https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/15296 Steph Curry.  Dat chart! - you might think this horses races in Class 1, but nope i was in a race with him in Class III.  

image.png.a205a0fc86c2d80096acf35c104c42f2.png

here is what it looked like at 19 races

image.png.f0dbc40f5c9b7c206b76cbe6a3002023.png

so this horse is an anomaly where a blind person could see it's badassery from early on.

• Hook 'Em 1

was looking at this horse https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/17987 but there is a flag on it that says it was stolen, lol.  

another one by this seller is listed as stolen on the kyh site:  https://opensea.io/accounts/0xcc32ebc423c43e12f912afb9a3f5b6857029cbcd

not sure what the policy is here.  crypto seems the epitome of 'finders/keeper' but maybe ZED could ban you from racing those horses.  The other one looks really good, though https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/19156

@gyroprotagonist

That is a bad mofo for sure.  Look at the parents on Steph Curry, not really anything special in their G race odds or racing results, but they still threw off a monster.  I guess there is still a lot of this that is left to chance. 

I sad F it and went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one:

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/20802

The transfer has gone through on opensea, but it hasn't showed up in my stable on Zed yet, I guess that takes a little time?  I'm with you on 7 races not being enough to even know what this horse will wind up being, but I thought there was enough value in the G race odds to jump on it.

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

What were its odds in the other races?

I've noticed that none of the stat sites are showing odds for today's races. Many people are critical of the public posting of odds because it allows experienced players to quickly identify the best and worst horses. They can then take advantage of this info to sell donkeys or buy champs for low. As example, you can find donkeys for sale for 2 ETH just because they lucked into winning 2 of their first 4 races but the odds say the horse will not be good long term.

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've noticed that none of the stat sites are showing odds for today's races. Many people are critical of the public posting of odds because it allows experienced players to quickly identify the best and worst horses. They can then take advantage of this info to sell donkeys or buy champs for low. As example, you can find donkeys for sale for 2 ETH just because they lucked into winning 2 of their first 4 races but the odds say the horse will not be good long term.

Have you seen anything about the weighting of odds for G race vs regular races? 

45 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

good catch.  Here was the second race for Red Bull.

Invisible ink? 

Reasonable ran decent in his 2. Held the lead for a good portion, he just fades over time. Maybe after like 15/1600 m. 

I just discovered the 3D replays. That's fun. 

6 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Invisible ink? 

Reasonable ran decent in his 2. Held the lead for a good portion, he just fades over time. Maybe after like 15/1600 m. 

I just discovered the 3D replays. That's fun. 

3rd time is the charm or I give up: https://3d-racing.zed.run/replay/vMo1gyvb

Anyone interested in learning more about Zed, watch the Poseidon Racing youtube channel. The videos can be extended at times but he claims to have regular conversations with the Zed development team. He recently mentioned that they will soon create horse dashboards so you can learn about each horse's attributes. Perhaps something like speed, distance, consistency, finishing speed, etc. This will help in deciding which horses to breed in hopes of breeding certain characteristics. 

55 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

37 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

Have you seen anything about the weighting of odds for G race vs regular races? 

Zed just announced that they've cut off access to the odds for external websites. You can still find the odds on their discord channel and with their official partner, ZEST.  However even both of those will be removed within the next 4-6 weeks.

downside: you will have to race a new horse more to discover how good or bad they are. Buying on the marketplace will be more of a challenge especially with horses with low race counts.

upside: more bad horses will be run so the owner can discover more about them. We should see more donkeys in the races especially as breeding opens up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Zed just announced that they've cut off access to the odds for external websites. You can still find the odds on their discord channel and with their official partner, ZEST.  However even both of those will be removed within the next 4-6 weeks.

downside: you will have to race a new horse more to discover how good or bad they are. Buying on the marketplace will be more of a challenge especially with horses with low race counts.

upside: more bad horses will be run so the owner can discover more about them. We should see more donkeys in the races especially as breeding opens up. 

I think that's probably healthier for the whole marketplace long term, but I'm glad I could see the early odds on my 1st horse. 

38 mins until my first race, never thought I would be so giddy about watching a fake horse race online...

• Hook 'Em 2

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/18319  7 races, Five 12th place, two 11th place finishes.  I mean, WTF how can a horse be that bad, but what if you could breed it with a good horse that never finished in last place and kept rising the next class with negative ROI.  I saw a horse like that in Class 1.  it just never even sniffed 11th or 12th place and was raking in Class IV, but kept rising up and now is just stuck.

Everyone wants the ready made winner and there are lots of those to be found, but breeding has to be huge because that's where Zed is going to make a shit-ton of money as they rake every breeding fee.

if it got around that you had a good 'cooler' horse, you could probably breed the shit out of it to help people dial in the right side of the U-shaped distribution. 

• Hook 'Em 1

August Bloom got 3rd in the first race I was in and 2nd in the race I was in with Ed's horse.  I found the odds on the first race in the discord channel (16.09), but never saw the odds posted on my 2nd race in there.  The odds did show up on KYH after the race was done though (22.42), so it seems like I just got lucky on these first two races and exceeded expectations.

I'm having some problems getting registered for races, I get an error message that says Network error, please try a different horse or gate.  Anyone else getting that?

1 minute ago, The Royal We said:

August Bloom got 3rd in the first race I was in and 2nd in the race I was in with Ed's horse.  I found the odds on the first race in the discord channel (16.09), but never saw the odds posted on my 2nd race in there.  The odds did show up on KYH after the race was done though (22.42), so it seems like I just got lucky on these first two races and exceeded expectations.

I'm having some problems getting registered for races, I get an error message that says Network error, please try a different horse or gate.  Anyone else getting that?

it can happen when multiple try for the same gate.  also you can only be in 3 races at a time.  the $2 races go really fast.  I have never managed to get in a free race

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, The Royal We said:

You're right that the odds are back. I wonder if KYH found a work-around. Or perhaps Zed changed their mind.

49 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/18319  7 races, Five 12th place, two 11th place finishes.  I mean, WTF how can a horse be that bad, but what if you could breed it with a good horse that never finished in last place and kept rising the next class with negative ROI.  I saw a horse like that in Class 1.  it just never even sniffed 11th or 12th place and was raking in Class IV, but kept rising up and now is just stuck.

Everyone wants the ready made winner and there are lots of those to be found, but breeding has to be huge because that's where Zed is going to make a shit-ton of money as they rake every breeding fee.

if it got around that you had a good 'cooler' horse, you could probably breed the shit out of it to help people dial in the right side of the U-shaped distribution. 

Here's your last place breeder gene, could be had for .13 at the moment:

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/7042

In 59 races it finished last 58% of the time, finishes in 11th or 12th 76% of the time and somehow manages to win 5% of its races!

Okay, I need to go outside and go fishing now, I've been sucked into the Zed wormhole today...