Digital Horse Racing (ZED & NFTs)

Nice Guy Eddie

[mention=1693]NOMAAA[/mention] [mention=1775]Angry Gorilla[/mention] [mention=191]huge[/mention] [mention=509]henrygandorf[/mention] [mention=131]PhillyD[/mention] [mention=2880]ZB'Tejas[/mention] [mention=207]Baboontyme[/mention] [mention=932]MonkeyDoughnut[/mention] [mention=6221]Here for Zed[/mention] [mention=5644]Da Fino[/mention] [mention=1656]Mr Bean[/mention] [mention=1301]SquishMitten[/mention] [mention=939]BLKNSTY[/mention]
I'm putting in a bid to buy the horse I mentioned earlier: Sweet Dragon. https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/20200
Happy to sell shares.  Looks like it could be around $1700-1800 in total. Plus entry fees. 

My bad man, just adjusted my notifications so this won’t get lost in the mix moving forward. I’m still interested if you’re still looking.

I wonder if this correction in crypto markets will cause a firesale in the Zed horse market too?  I was looking at the main for sale board on Discord last night and it felt like there were a few people already panicking.  There could be some deals to be had the next few days.

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

I wonder if this correction in crypto markets will cause a firesale in the Zed horse market too?  I was looking at the main for sale board on Discord last night and it felt like there were a few people already panicking.  There could be some deals to be had the next few days.

yeah, definitely should be.  on one hand all the ETH i have in my account has cratered, but that means the horses are technically cheaper in USD.

Is everyone else seeing that there are no races available right now?

16 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

yeah, definitely should be.  on one hand all the ETH i have in my account has cratered, but that means the horses are technically cheaper in USD.

yeah, they are definitely having race issues. Only about 15 schedules and no new ones showing up

I'm assume they are all distracted watching their crypto worth drop like a rock right now

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

16 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

Yes.  I don't know if it's because of too much congestion on the network or what, but it would be nice if they communicated some kind of explanation about it.

7 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

With ether way down, any reason not to go with a slightly more expensive race? If we get prize money, it'll be like buying the dip.

the way the race prices (and prizes) are quoted are in USD, so i think it just adjusts how much ETH is paid in/out to meet a certain dollar amount.

23 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

the way the race prices (and prizes) are quoted are in USD, so i think it just adjusts how much ETH is paid in/out to meet a certain dollar amount.

I believe you're really racing in ETH values but they allow you to decide how you want to see it, in the settings. I assume they periodically pull over the ETH/USD value to revalue your wallet and race amounts.

41 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I believe you're really racing in ETH values but they allow you to decide how you want to see it, in the settings. I assume they periodically pull over the ETH/USD value to revalue your wallet and race amounts.

if they do that then depending on how the pair has moved since the last update it could be more expensive.  so many nuances.

52 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Any thoughts on running reasonable in free races to try working on his curve? From what I've heard competition may be easier there. If the ultimate goal is breeding, working on the curve might not be a bad idea

I would be onboard with this but there is a problem of discovering free races and then being fast enough to grab a spot. I don't see many of them but I will keep an eye out.

Afternoon races

39 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

if they do that then depending on how the pair has moved since the last update it could be more expensive.  so many nuances.

I hear what you're saying but I would assume Zed would say that you've been buying into races for .0007 ETH whether ETH is worth 4K or 2K.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I would be onboard with this but there is a problem of discovering free races and then being fast enough to grab a spot. I don't see many of them but I will keep an eye out.

Afternoon races

I hear what you're saying but I would assume Zed would say that you've been buying into races for .0007 ETH whether ETH is worth 4K or 2K.

looking at my Class IV horse, I only enter the $2.50 race and that has gone up from .007 ETH to .008 and now .009, so they are adjusting the amount of ETH but keeping the race value the same at $2.50 entry.

15 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

looking at my Class IV horse, I only enter the $2.50 race and that has gone up from .007 ETH to .008 and now .009, so they are adjusting the amount of ETH but keeping the race value the same at $2.50 entry.

I stand corrected. I thought they extracted ETH or WETH from your wallet when joining a race and then repay you with WETH winnings (hopefully.) I don't know how they can later adjust the entry fee because the exchange rate has occurred. But I'm def not an expert.

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I stand corrected. I thought they extracted ETH or WETH from your wallet when joining a race and then repay you with WETH winnings (hopefully.) I don't know how they can later adjust the entry fee because the exchange rate has occurred. But I'm def not an expert.

Not what i was trying to say.  Here is the time stamp for each race and you can see the rate change as ETH price has been going down so they are taking more ETH to keep the $2.xx entry fee per race.  I think they set the exchange rate when the race is released.  then extract it as you enter. 

image.png.c9a07193e9402330858d54af4bdebee6.png

41 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

another middle of the pack finish.  this shit is like buying scratch offs.  we got a garbage ticket.

41 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

another middle of the pack finish.  this shit is like buying scratch offs.  we got a garbage ticket.

Yup, it's a crapshoot.  If you want a pretty well established U shaped horse you have to pay up - probably at least 1 ETH or just get really lucky.

Yup, it's a crapshoot.  If you want a pretty well established U shaped horse you have to pay up - probably at least 1 ETH or just get really lucky.

agreed, at this point might be best to hold off racing until they add in the different variables that might make horse a winner.  They are planning gate preference, weather, and different track paths that will affect current odds.

14 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Our horses are regressing. Can we bring Baffert in with some special urine or something?

I don't know if I'd say Reasonable has regressed. He's just never been good. Red Bull, on the other hand, definitely seems like a different horse than what she looked like at first.

i think the races have gotten more competitive overall.  I stopped racing my Class III horse.  Still racing oz and lbs in Class II, it's sorta treading water since moving up, but not great.  too many stud horses there.  It still has a weird profile at almost 100 races.

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/21001

sorting it by class, it looks like at Class II it's starting to form an inverse U.  At class III it's no real pattern; just peaks at 1st/3rd/6th and 11th and valleys everywhere else.  I will probably get to 100 races and then hold off for a bit.  

really just browsing the market for a mare/filly genesis either unraced or does not completely suck.

I bet the horses from the last drop are settling in to the classes where they will usually live and that's making the races more competitive.  I would think right after a drop and/or when they open breeding back up will be a good time to be racing a well established horse.  Noobs will be trying to figure out what they have with their new horses and it should make things a bit easier. 

I've pretty much stopped racing my first horse, but have been running my new one a lot.  He's staying put in class 5 and still doing pretty well.

OMAAA @Angry Gorilla @huge @henrygandorf @PhillyD @ZB'Tejas @Baboontyme @MonkeyDoughnut @Here for Zed @Da Fino @Mr Bean @SquishMitten

Let's see if gandorf's threat frightens Reasonable Measures into running faster

Red Bull: https://zed.run/race/VShr2JbT

Reasonable: https://zed.run/race/t4W2KzB

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Let's see if gandorf's threat frightens Reasonable Measures into running faster

Red Bull: https://zed.run/race/VShr2JbT

Reasonable: https://zed.run/race/t4W2KzB

I've noticed every once in a while that there will be a class 3 horse in a class 4 race.  There is one in this race with Reasonable.  How do they do that?  Is it because they were already entered in the race before they got promoted?

21 minutes ago, PhillyD said:

I've noticed every once in a while that there will be a class 3 horse in a class 4 race.  There is one in this race with Reasonable.  How do they do that?  Is it because they were already entered in the race before they got promoted?

Yes that is exactly what occurs. You can enter into 3 races at a time.

If someone wanted to buy a winner, here it is for $8600: Varenne.  1st or 2nd 30% of the time. 

https://zedrun.tools/horse/6155

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/6155 (incorrectly states the sales price is 20 ETH, and his winning $$ is wrong.)

Cost = 3 ETH or $8600 as I type this: https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0xa5f1ea7df861952863df2e8d1312f7305dabf215/6155

Always single digits odds. Sometimes sub 7 in Class 2. You would have to run the hell out of it to get your $8600 back. Then again you could possible win a few thousand, get bored of grinding out the eventual payback, and instead put him on the market. If the price of ETH comes back, you probably would benefit from that as well.

Disclaimer: The data error on knowyourhorse gives me pause. I would research all of the sites to verify the #s.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If someone wanted to buy a winner, here it is for $8600: Varenne.  1st or 2nd 30% of the time. 

https://zedrun.tools/horse/6155

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/6155 (incorrectly states the sales price is 20 ETH, and his winning $$ is wrong.)

Cost = 3 ETH or $8600 as I type this: https://opensea.io/assets/matic/0xa5f1ea7df861952863df2e8d1312f7305dabf215/6155

Always single digits odds. Sometimes sub 7 in Class 2. You would have to run the hell out of it to get your $8600 back. Then again you could possible win a few thousand, get bored of grinding out the eventual payback, and instead put him on the market. If the price of ETH comes back, you probably would benefit from that as well.

Disclaimer: The data error on knowyourhorse gives me pause. I would research all of the sites to verify the #s.

A-Always, B-be, Looking at paid races.  always look at paid races.  there are only 34 of them and then the stats kinda suck at least per KYH.  but the other tools site shows the same win % for paid races.

image.png.4b1fe517553359bdbdd05d2e69c62cb7.png

this is an older horse when it was easier to get free races.

These older horses were able to build a paper tiger by entering free races back in the day.  us noobs can't conceive of that many free races even being available much less entered, so assume the majority of the races are all paid like we have been running.

KYH seems to have recently zeroed out all P/L from free races.  thought this horse was a beast that caught the plague or something.  check out the odds on the last 3 races.  Those are his only paid races.  woof

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/1841

8 hours ago, gyroprotagonist said:

A-Always, B-be, Looking at paid races.  always look at paid races.  there are only 34 of them and then the stats kinda suck at least per KYH.  but the other tools site shows the same win % for paid races.

image.png.4b1fe517553359bdbdd05d2e69c62cb7.png

this is an older horse when it was easier to get free races.

These older horses were able to build a paper tiger by entering free races back in the day.  us noobs can't conceive of that many free races even being available much less entered, so assume the majority of the races are all paid like we have been running.

KYH seems to have recently zeroed out all P/L from free races.  thought this horse was a beast that caught the plague or something.  check out the odds on the last 3 races.  Those are his only paid races.  woof

https://knowyourhorses.com/horses/1841

Wow. I didn’t anticipate that much of a difference. I stand corrected. Varenne is not as much of a great horse as I thought. 

Pretty significant update last night from Zed:

Howdy folks! This week’s Product Update is packed full with new info, tentative dates, and yes … updates on breeding! Can you believe it? Let’s go!!!

Drops: Requesting Your Feedback

This week, you will receive an email with a survey requesting your feedback on the format of drop events. Information captured will help the team plan and improve the upcoming drop. Look for the email this week and reply by Sunday, May 30th to have your say.

Your Safety

Everyone who is a part of ZED plays an important role in keeping our platform safe and respectful. As a community and for your safety, please be cautious of:

• Users you do not know. If you do not feel safe, do not engage with them.
  • Links from untrusted sources. Do not click on them.
  • Purchasing from an unverified account on OpenSea claiming to be ZED RUN. The official ZED RUN account has a blue verified tick/check.
Screen-Shot-2021-05-25-at-11.10.20-am-1005-family-1024x512.png

Dedicated Drop

As you know from previous announcements, a future dedicated drop is being planned for affected users who, through no fault of their own, missed the opportunity to participate in the TERA DROP. This dedicated drop will occur on the same day as the next drop event, and it will be a highly catered “wave” allocated to a specific time. More details to be released with the announcement of the next drop.

The next Drop Event is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of June 5/6.

Updates to Breeding

From fixes to significant changes, a number of factors have impacted the schedule for reopening breeding. While the aim is to keep breeding always open, the team recognises an influx of new racehorses could potentially dilute the market. To protect the ecosystem and ensure the integrity of your assets, a number of significant changes have been set in motion and will be in effect once breeding reopens. These changes include:

• New breeding limits: reduced mare breeding allowance from 2 times per month to 1 (12 times per year), reduced stud breeding from 7 times per month to 3 (36 times per year)
  • New time limit: newborn foals must wait until their anniversary (same as standard breeding windows) to be given the ability to breed

Breeding is tentatively scheduled for the second week of June.

Product Updates

Product updates are developed by the team, and are also based on feedback directly received from the community via hello@zed.run.

Completed:

• Investigation of stable transfers between wallets for easy migration to MetaMask is complete and now in design phase to enable easier transactions to OpenSea
  • Investigation of ETH to WETH transfers is complete and we will be updating the interface to improve the user experience in transfers
  • Data analysed from the last drop to ensure the next drop is more fair and inclusive
  • Identified core elements for improving integrity of racing (investigating class distribution and additional racing attributes)

In progress:

• Modelling additional variable factors to improve integrity of racing
  • Researching odds replacement
  • Updating images of ZED RUN racehorses on OpenSea
  • Add new filter for “My Racehorses” on the Next to Run page
  • New marketplace drop style to ensure fairness for all users
  • Designing two new racetracks
  • Updated 3D U.I. with visual details, and music artist and track display
  • Fix finish line gallop animation on slow motion replays
  • Volume control with in-game volume slider

I like the limitations on breeding.  I'm anxious to breed my horses as well, but limiting dilution is a major positive imo.  I need to find a decent filly breeder.

Pretty significant update last night from Zed:

I like the limitations on breeding.  I'm anxious to breed my horses as well, but limiting dilution is a major positive imo.  I need to find a decent filly breeder.

yeah, i still have not found a decent filly at the right price.  debating on whether to roll the dice on an unraced Buterin or pay a premium for something known and not a donkey.  Although i think donkeys can breed winners, with just 1 per month, it's a lot longer ROI to try and find one.