2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know i should know better than to doubt Dame when it's Dame Time, but that last three was as difficult as any clutch three he's ever taken. him being able to sink a relatively open shot from 28 is amazing enough, but to hit a step back three like that, going away from his momentum with a hand in his face- unbelievable. just unbelievable.

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

when the Pflugerville girls played Brittany Griner's Nimitz team in the state tourney, they double teamed Griner on every single play, leaving a player for Nimitz completely unguarded. it's about time for Denver to do the same thing with Dame.

I was just talking to my son about that game tonight. If Nneka doesn't get hurt, the Panthers could have won. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Portland not on the small list of teams allowed to win titles. 

12 minutes ago, Llogg said:

That a guy with his talent has never been to the Finals is a pure indictment of the organization.

Or his ascent to stardom coincided with the arrival of Golden State. And when they caught GS down KD they got spanked, in large part due to Dame having a mediocre series

9 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

Or his ascent to stardom coincided with the arrival of Golden State. And when they caught GS down KD they got spanked, in large part due to Dame having a mediocre series

That is not a valid counter to the argument that Portland should be ashamed for not having put together a team good enough to win the conference with a top 50 all time player in his prime.

23 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Dame is so fucking clutch. May be best shooter in the game when it matters.

If that game is in the first round, absolutely!

A little snarky...I do wish that the team around him was good enough to have given him more opportunities beyond that.

9 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

GS had 2 top-20 players in theirs. 

Are you being deliberately obtuse? That is the entire point. The Blazers front office never got a second guy to pair with a guy that could legitimately be top 20 all time if he ever had the chance to play with somebody other than the fucking Pips.

1 minute ago, Llogg said:

Are you being deliberately obtuse? That is the entire point. The Blazers front office never got a second guy to pair with a guy that could legitimately be top 20 all time if he ever had the chance to play with somebody other than the fucking Pips.

I'm saying there was no realistic path to a Dame-led team overcoming Golden State. And I love Dame. But he's a 30 year old who is a 1x 1st-team all NBA player; he's closer to being the 20th best guy of his era than 20th best guy in history.

If you want to say they should have generally had more playoff success and been to more than one conference finals then I'm here for that

• Hook 'Em 1