2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

3 minutes ago, threesheets said:

You didn't tune in 'til the fourth huh.

Just speaking on his shooting line. Doesn't matter because they won and they kind of need him to shoot that much but 17/37 isn't the prettiest way to get 42. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

You don't have to look back much further than just last year. His last full game in the bubble against the Clippers Porzingis dropped 35pts and like 10+ rebounds. Until his recent bout of injuries KP was easily the most agile 7'2"+ player the league had ever seen . He's clearly either still suffering the affects of his knee surgery or is overly cautious because of it. He had a similar meniscus injury to the one Jaren Jackson of the Grizzlies suffered yet not only did KP suffer the injury more recently than Jackson, but he came back like 3 or 4 months earlier than him as well. I'm hoping against all hope that Porzingis will regain his fluidity and confidence because if he ever does the Mavs are gonna be a serious problem. At the very least I want him to regain his level play sufficiently enough to become a tradeable commodity so that the Mavs can receive something close to equal value in return.  

I just don't know if he's ever going to be consistently healthy. My completely unqualified medical opinion is that I don't think the human body was ever meant to be that big and things get out of proportion and once they start to go everything gets out of whack and there ain't no coming back from it. He's still only 25 but he lost an entire season to an ACL and it seems like it's one thing after another. I just feel like it's always going to be there with him. I don't think there is any way they will get equal value for him. He's under contract for $36 million in 2023-24. I don't know if that's a team option but yikes. They are going to have to give up assets to move that contract.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I just don't know if he's ever going to be consistently healthy. My completely unqualified medical opinion is that I don't think the human body was ever meant to be that big and things get out of proportion and once they start to go everything gets out of whack and there ain't no coming back from it.

I have a similar concern about Zion, paired with his explosiveness.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I have a similar concern about Zion, paired with his explosiveness.

I think we all do but he actually got through this season pretty well. He was a great fantasy player. He might be okay as long as he watches his weight and is careful about how he moves on the court. 

6 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

For me what is irksome is he paints himself as thoughtful and a social conscience but he isn’t thoughtful- 

i can't remember where i saw this- it may have been posted here- but LeBron was overtly holding some book about Malcolm X, obviously trying to show everyone what he was reading. when a reporter asked him for his thoughts on the book/Malcom X, LeBron stuttered his way through some, "well, i uh, i just started reading the book, and uh, you know Malcolm X was uh, was a great man, and uh...." type response. it was honestly hard to watch. but that's LeBron. that's LeBron James all day. he wants to make sure you see how woke and in tune and well read and educated he is, he just doesn't want to actually have to *prove* any of it. and if he does get called on that kind of thing he doesn't own it. carrying that book around in front of reporters without actually having read it is classic LeBron James. 

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i can't remember where i saw this- it may have been posted here- but LeBron was overtly holding some book about Malcolm X, obviously trying to show everyone what he was reading. when a reporter asked him for his thoughts on the book/Malcom X, LeBron stuttered his way through some, "well, i uh, i just started reading the book, and uh, you know Malcolm X was uh, was a great man, and uh...." type response. it was honestly hard to watch. but that's LeBron. that's LeBron James all day. he wants to make sure you see how woke and in tune and well read and educated he is, he just doesn't want to actually have to *prove* any of it. and if he does get called on that kind of thing he doesn't own it. carrying that book around in front of reporters without actually having read it is classic LeBron James. 

I mean- you’d probably have some insecurity too if your penis was that small (shout out to finals game where we saw “little Lebron” on camera). 

18 hours ago, aggie08 said:

And he was widely and justifiably mocked and derided for his hypocrisy...in 2019. Since then (well, actually starting in 2017 with his bum comment), he's definitely had a brand new, angry, non-basketball fan contingent waiting around for he and the NBA to fail.

I prefer when the mocking comes from his flopping or his hairline, not misplaced real anger.

Sorry for the derail. Carry on.

Oh, I hate the way he and AD flop, too.  That shit AD pulled on Facu towards the end of the regular season was just ridiculous.  But again, they do it because the refs call it.  And the refs call it because LeBron wants them to call it.

I'm a Nuggets fan so I loathe the Lakers.

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nah it's just the LeBron factor. I'm not actually wondering why they're -2 it just seems crazy to me. They just got absolutely waxed. 

That was one game.   Teams get waxed all the time and win again.    And again, they are at home.   More importantly, its just two pts.

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Nah it's just the LeBron factor. I'm not actually wondering why they're -2 it just seems crazy to me. They just got absolutely waxed. 

His career stats in elimination games (14-10 record):  33.7 points, 7.5 assists, 10.8 rebounds, 49.1 FG%, 34.2 3P%

10 minutes ago, d2o said:

That was one game.   Teams get waxed all the time and win again.    And again, they are at home.   More importantly, its just two pts.

Interesting... this year regular season:

Lakers 

• Home -  21-15
  • Away -   21-15

Suns 

• Home -    27-9
  • Away -     24-12

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Oh undoubtedly we are.  But it ain’t over yet.

AD and KCP are both playing. But I (we?) have no idea how healthy AD actually is. So you may have just barely saved your season. Game 7 in Phoenix is going to be tough either way. 

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Maybe Portland will finally blow up this shitty experiment and fire Stotts. 

Oh, who am I kidding.... 

I said it at the time, but that WCF run a couple years back against the weird, shitty bottom half of the bracket (Playoff Russ and P followed by a super young Denver) was a terrible thing for their franchise. It made them think that they were close, when they're not at all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

It made them think that they were close, when they're not at all.

So getting ass raped by the Ws without KD didn't make them think "maybe we aren't that close"?

(Not disagreeing with your assessment, just saying) 

Just now, ztejas said:

So getting ass raped by the Ws without KD didn't make them think "maybe we aren't that close"?

(Not disagreeing with your assessment, just saying) 

It should have, for sure. But it's a lot easier to convince yourself to run it back when you make it to the conference finals, no matter how it unfolds, than a 2nd round gentleman's sweep.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Royally sucks that Murray is out. They'd have a real chance to win this whole thing with him. 

I don't think they're that much better with Murray if I'm being honest. And I don't think they have a chance to win it all either way. The Blazers aren't a good barometer when you have the top 3 East teams and the Lakers still lurking. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

I don't think they're that much better with Murray if I'm being honest. And I don't think they have a chance to win it all either way. The Blazers aren't a good barometer when you have the top 3 East teams and the Lakers still lurking. 

Not saying I'd favor them to win it all, but I'd at least pick them to get out of the West right now with Murray. From there, they would only need to beat one of those 3 East teams after they all trade haymakers with each other.

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

AD and KCP are both playing. But I (we?) have no idea how healthy AD actually is. So you may have just barely saved your season. Game 7 in Phoenix is going to be tough either way. 

There’s really no way AD should be able to come back from a groin injury this quick.  I doubt he’s very effective and may not finish the game.  The role players have to start playing with a fucking pulse.