Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

3 years in LA:

- Missed playoffs due to LeBron injury.

- Won title in completely abnormal year with a 5 month break before the playoffs to recover.

- First 1st round exit of LeBron's career after AD injury and rust from both AD and LeBron missing months of the season.

What's the future? Rest them just enough to get the 6 seed, then pray?

No. They won the most difficult title in NBA history in year 2. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

3 years in LA:

- Missed playoffs due to LeBron injury.

- Won title in completely abnormal year with a 5 month break before the playoffs to recover.

- First 1st round exit of LeBron's career after AD injury and rust from both AD and LeBron missing months of the season.

What's the future? Rest them just enough to get the 6 seed, then pray?

That sounds about right. 

Edited by conVINCEd

1 minute ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

No. They won the most difficult title in NBA history in year 2. 

Ah yes, I forget.

Correction: 2nd most. The most difficult was purposely putting himself in a 1-3 hole against Golden State for added style points.

7 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

LeBron looks washed. Shame.

He's chasing ghosts when he should be comfortable with what he's accomplished. He's trying to win 5 MVPs and 6 titles at the same time and it's just not going to happen. His body can't keep up anymore. 

Edited by ztejas

Booker with 33 - 6 off of 39 which is the record for most points in a half in the playoffs - held by none other than Sleepy Floyd. 

Durant almost broke it with 38 in 2019 - he tied Barkley for 2nd. 

Floyd's game was crazy because it was in the 2nd half and he had 29 of the 39 in the 4th quarter. KD and Barkley's 38 were both in the first half. 

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That 2013 series was so great. That was supposed to be the Lakers superteam with Dwight, Kobe and Nash. By the time the playoffs came around I think only Dwight was left standing and we swept the shit out of them. 

Gasol was still there too. The Spurs won by 11, 11, 31 and 21. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

That 2013 series was so great. That was supposed to be the Lakers superteam with Dwight, Kobe and Nash. By the time the playoffs came around I think only Dwight was left standing and we swept the shit out of them. 

75c9d76e9b95e0fadec790031e6d1568.gif

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The Mother’s Day Massacre was better.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Booker with 33 - 6 off of 39 which is the record for most points in a half in the playoffs - held by none other than Sleepy Floyd. 

Durant almost broke it with 38 in 2019 - he tied Barkley for 2nd. 

Floyd's game was crazy because it was in the 2nd half and he had 29 of the 39 in the 4th quarter. KD and Barkley's 38 were both in the first half. 

Sleepy Floyd was not human that night.

• Hook 'Em 1

So, I love Barkley but he’s being pretty hypocritical. He calls AD Mr Street Clothes last night and then knocks the docs for letting him try to play. 
that dudes playing so he doesn’t get roasted in the media, plain and simple. And chuck was the one putting that nickname on him. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

another big shot from Paul.

CP3 has only played a few more total minutes than AD this series--and most of those minutes have been hobbled--but something tells me all that we're going to hear tomorrow is how short-handed the Lakers were and how difficult it is to compete without your 2nd best player.

• Hook 'Em 1

This Phoenix team is tough. I pointed it out after game one but they are a different beast than that Blazers team LA played last year. They don't just roll over and accept it when they get punched in the mouth - they have a lot of fight and resilience.