2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They keep waxing on about how you don't see this happen that often - a defending champ losing in the first round on their home court. But since 1981 it's now happened 5 times. That's kind of a lot. Defending champs don't typically lose in the first round anyway. For starters - there's 11 repeat champions since then. I'd guess it's happened just as many times on their home floor than on the road. 

5 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

This guy gets paid to write about the NBA. How embarassing. Like, did he not watch Chris Paul ball the fuck out for OKC in the playoffs? Or the Suns without Chris Paul almost make the playoffs and win nearly all their games in the bubble?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Grooming him to come to the Lakers as an UFA when he’s done.

E90466E2-7D24-42B8-8BD2-ACF79509A94E.jpeg

78B404EA-A257-47C6-9EE0-5BDB0458F128.jpeg

LOL!  That will be the summer of 2024.  Lebron will be out of the league or doing his KAJ old man retirement tour.  Lakers got what they wanted out of the Lebron/AD tandem and that's a trophy, even if it was a weird ass year.  Now, they have to live with the physical breakdown.  They may have one more run in them if they can get a 3rd scorer.  DeRozan would be a good get but not sure how what they could trade in a S&T.  Kuzma has sort of destroyed a lot of his trade value.

The Playoffs are setting up nicely. Let's go Dallas - finish the last of the pretender teams in the West.

The Western Conference is a fun to watch meatgrinder.  . . . and all that work to play the Nets. 

Dame is out of this world. He was unstoppable in that series. Respect to the man. He should never leave Portland, so don't even think about it Lakers. 

Edited by washparkhorn

The Playoffs are setting up nicely. Let's go Dallas - finish the last of the pretender teams in the West.
The Western Conference is a fun to watch meatgrinder.  . . . and all that work to play the Nets. 
Dame is out of this world. He was unstoppable in that series. Respect to the man. He should never leave Portland, so don't even think about it Lakers. 
He wasn't that unstoppable in the 4th quarter last night. That's 4 first round exits in the last 5 years for him.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, XYZ said:

Last season’s lakers title should have an asterisk next to it.

Nah, every team was there and largely healthy and playing by the same rules. They deserved it.

Obviously, I do question if they, specifically, would have been healthy by June had last year been a normal season with no break.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I so hate people bringing that shit up every yr.

Consider the source from a boxing analyst. Yea the league is really sobbing we can’t watch Julius randle go 4-19, Derrick Rose playing 39 minutes a night and street clothes sitting out due to injury.

It’ll be the first finals without Steph or lebron in 11 years. It’s ok to see another team with an mvp candidate try to win one for once, max. Or does the league hate that Denver, Milwaukee and Dallas have that instead of NY &LA ?

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Consider the source from a boxing analyst. Yea the league is really sobbing we can’t watch Julius randle go 4-19, Derrick Rose playing 39 minutes a night and street clothes sitting out due to injury.

It’ll be the first finals without Steph or lebron in 11 years. It’s ok to see another team with an mvp candidate try to win one for once, max. Or does the league hate that Denver, Milwaukee and Dallas have that instead of NY &LA ?

The league absolutely does not.   Its irresponsible journalism to constantly make it seem like the league favors one matchup over another.   Its also just fucking stupid.

The league absolutely does not.   Its irresponsible journalism to constantly make it seem like the league favors one matchup over another.   Its also just fucking stupid.

LA and Miami, 2 top markets, had the entire sports world to themselves after a sports deprived few months and still scored some terrible ratings IIRC

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

LA and Miami, 2 top markets, had the entire sports world to themselves after a sports deprived few months and still scored some terrible ratings IIRC

You can throw last year's ratings in the trash; they sucked in pretty much every sport.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

It’ll be the first finals without Steph or lebron in 11 years.

People keep saying this and it's funny to me because you only need Steph for one of those years. You could say it'll be the first Finals without LeBron or literally anyone that played in the 2019 Finals since 2011. Because that was the only Finals he didn't make. It's not like you have to patchwork some Steph Curry non-LeBron Finals years in there. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

People will tune in for a Nets finals no matter who they play. That's the biggest storyline remaining with LeBron out now. 

Something like Utah/Milwaukee would probably be pretty poor ratings wise. 

Meh, I've never cared about ratings anyway.   I want the best teams going at it.    No idea why so many people with no real connection to TV are always popping off about ratings.   Who cares?   Enjoy the games.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

LOL!!!  Poor Lakers/Knicks fan..... what a pussy.  Great basketball doesn't need big markets, it just needs great players.  Stop being part of the problem, Max.

Oh no, we might have to watch Luka or Booker or Jokic or Irving/Harden/Durant or Giannis or Mitchell instead of Lebron?

THE HORROR. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Maybe it’s just me but victorious Booker should be signing and giving his jersey to loser Lebron, not the other way around.

Think Booker actually wanted that tainted thing or was lebron all “great game kid, get em next round. Here’s my jersey”

4 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

No skin in the game tonight, not a fan of either team...

So if you're not a fan of Mavs or Clippers, who yah gonna pull for?? 

The Spurs fans will be rooting against KL.  The Rockers fans will be rooting against Dallas.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The Spurs fans will be rooting against KL.  The Rockers fans will be rooting against Dallas.

Rocket fan rooting for Dallas. I’ve never found the Mavs detestable. I liked the fact dirk and Nash brought the NBA back to likeable when It had become so hard to watch, and I think Cuban is a really good owner and good for the game (as well as a giant douche- but both are possible at the same time). 
I can’t stand either Leonard or Pandemic P, and I’ve always wanted to punch Ty Lue in the face. This is an easy one for me. 
my rooting interest in the rest of the playoffs in order:

Nets

huge gap

Philly (morey), Suns (Paul- Plus a fanbase that has never won), Bucks (Giannis seems a good dude), Denver (joker & fans), Atlanta (it would be funny as hell in a chaos kind of way) Dallas (for reasons I’ve already said- plus Luka)

all of those I will either cheer on and congratulate or give a polite nod and golf

clap. 

if the clippers or Jazz win it I’m pretty unhappy. 
Clips losing in the first round would be awesome. Jazz need to get knocked out by a black dude in the most humiliating way possible. For their fans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Thought Rockets and Spurs are the rivalry??

Lakers have been our main rival in the West the past 20 years. Rockets haven't won a series against us since 1995 I believe. Mavs in the 2000s was a decent little rivalry but they only have one title. 

They're rivals insofar as they're both in our division but I don't hate the Rockets or Mavs* the way I do LA. I'm sure most Spurs fans would agree.

Edited by ztejas