2021 NBA Playoffs

Machinator

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Oh I know. This was standard KD. Take his brilliance for granted KD.  I think he’s going to have to do more. 

I hate that I'm "that guy" here but it is what it is. Saying that, KD is basically like prime LeBron right now - minus some playmaking plus some scoring (and probably minus a little discipline on D). You can dare him to beat you in single coverage and he will. You can dare him to facilitate out of the trap and he will. I'm not saying I think MIL's strategy was flawed tonight - because I think making BKN's role guys beat you is a better roll of the dice - but it really is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

If I'm Milwaukee I might throw some shit at KD every once in awhile - but for the most part you CANNOT let Joe Harris or Kyrie get open looks and anytime you sell out to double Durant and let that happen you are flirting with disaster.

They also need to better establish Giannis in the post - but I've been saying that all year and they've refused to do it. Bud needs to go if they lose this series. 

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I hate that I'm "that guy" here but it is what it is. Saying that, KD is basically like prime LeBron right now - minus some playmaking plus some scoring (and probably minus a little discipline on D). You can dare him to beat you in single coverage and he will. You can dare him to facilitate out of the trap and he will. I'm not saying I think MIL's strategy was flawed tonight - because I think making BKN's role guys beat you is a better roll of the dice - but it really is a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

If I'm Milwaukee I might throw some shit at KD every once in awhile - but for the most part you CANNOT let Joe Harris or Kyrie get open looks and anytime you sell out to double Durant and let that happen you are flirting with disaster.

They also need to better establish Giannis in the post - but I've been saying that all year and they've refused to do it. Bud needs to go if they lose this series. 

He’s 100% gone if they lose this one. 

14 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

He’s 100% gone if they lose this one. 

There probably isn't a better approximation of the 03-10 Cavs with Lebron than the current Bucks team with Giannis.

Middleton, Jrue, Lopez, and that crew giving me flashbacks to Mo Williams, Delonte West, JJ HIckson, the corpses of Shaq and Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavolvic, Varejao, Mike Brown, etc...

Edited by Message Board User
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

There probably isn't a better approximation of the 03-10 Cavs with Lebron than the current Bucks team with Giannis.

Middleton, Jrue, Lopez, and that crew giving me flashbacks to Mo Williams, Delonte West, JJ HIckson, the corpses of Shaq and Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavolvic, Varejao, Mike Brown, etc...

Giannis supporting cast is way better than what LeBron had on those teams. He isn't as good as LeBron was towards the end of that decade though. 

16 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I'm not going to say that Atlanta won the Luka trade--they didn't--but that that deal is no longer a complete one-sided joke, even with how awesome Luka has been, says a whole hell of a lot about Trae Young.

Yeah, Luka looks like he has Mount Rushmore type potential.  But Trae is WAY better than I thought he could be.  And he has that clutch gene from what little we have seen so far in those situations. 

Unpredictable NBA is the best NBA.  

30 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Local coverage is that he’s a super nice kid. But that’s homer media so who knows.

He’s good.

He’s honestly one of the nicest athletes I’ve had any interaction with.  He has an attitude on the court but is really damn unassuming and very approachable off of it.  That’s from my limited experience and what others who know him much better than myself have said.  
But yeah, brash on the court and a Sooner.  I see plenty enough for those around here to hate him.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

I'm not going to say that Atlanta won the Luka trade--they didn't--but that that deal is no longer a complete one-sided joke, even with how awesome Luka has been, says a whole hell of a lot about Trae Young.

People forget Cam Reddish is included in that trade. Of course with his injury the Hawks have forgotten him as well.  

14 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Intimidating atmosphere tonight.

Penny Marshall ain't walking through that door... 

9 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Will the fans be able to remember it tho?  I mean, that's a lot to process.  Better put note cue cards in all the seats.

It's Hollywood, baby. 

Edited by Underdog

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yeah, Luka looks like he has Mount Rushmore type potential.  But Trae is WAY better than I thought he could be.  And he has that clutch gene from what little we have seen so far in those situations. 

Unpredictable NBA is the best NBA.  

He is an exceptional player offensively but he is quite literally one of the worst defensive players in the league. That said the Hawks have built the right kind of roster to help hide him on that side of the ball so that he can still cook on offense 

i was actually on record back on shaggy as saying that i thought Trae would thrive in the much more wide open, up-and-down, guard-friendly NBA. that said, he's still better than i thought he would be, particularly with how well he's handled these biggest moments of his young career. the fact that he struggled during Big XII play gave me some pause about his ability to be more than just an All Star- to be a game changer in the playoffs- but i'll be damned if he isn't already taking on that role and thriving.

6 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Kristaps is owned $100 million for the next 3 years.  Oof.

They aren't contending with that contract on their books. 

Hardaway is a nice piece - you'd like to hang onto him but he's going to be in the $20s somewhere and $50+ for him and Porzingis is not what you want. 

I just wonder who would even want Porzingis on his current deal.